Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Hi Dair

ok great ... will definitely be sure to include his email

Thanks again, I'm looking forward for this visit because I've never visited in the winter before so I'm curious to see about the weather, I just hope it's not too cold for me ;D

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
JenniYous said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

My husband got called today as well....He is picking his up February 6!!!!!! WAAAAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA!
That is wonderful news JenniYous! Congratulations to you too! Where are you in Canada? Where is your husband going to land? My husband and I are discussing about the right time for him to come here as I work. It depends also of the airfare prices. It could be the 3rd or 4th weekend of January. Did you check the prices? Is your husband traveling with Royal Air Maroc?

JenniYous

Oct 12, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 1, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 1, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 5, 2012
Interview........
Oct 17, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 6, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 9, 2013 :D :D
Habibti said:
That is wonderful news JenniYous! Congratulations to you too! Where are you in Canada? Where is your husband going to land? My husband and I are discussing about the right time for him to come here as I work. It depends also of the airfare prices. It could be the 3rd or 4th weekend of January. Did you check the prices? Is your husband traveling with Royal Air Maroc?
As it happens I had planned to travel to Morocco for our one year anniversary at the end of January. So we are thinking now that we will go together to pick up his visa and fly back together :) I currently live in Toronto, so that's where we will be flying into...so far i have found flylink.ca to have the best prices, but of course flights have to originate in canada! I have to figure out how to buy a ticket for one to go over and two to come back!!

Where are you located? are you thinking about using Royal Air Maroc? I'm also wondering about indirect flights...can he do that with a PR visa?

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
JenniYous said:
As it happens I had planned to travel to Morocco for our one year anniversary at the end of January. So we are thinking now that we will go together to pick up his visa and fly back together :) I currently live in Toronto, so that's where we will be flying into...so far i have found flylink.ca to have the best prices, but of course flights have to originate in canada! I have to figure out how to buy a ticket for one to go over and two to come back!!

Where are you located? are you thinking about using Royal Air Maroc? I'm also wondering about indirect flights...can he do that with a PR visa?
That is great that you can fly with him!!! I cannot do that because of work, my son and money. My husband does not know yet if he will leave the 3rd or 4th week of January or the first weekend of February. He will fly with Royal Air Maroc from Casa to Montreal, direct flight. From Montreal, he will fly to Vancouver.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
JenniYous said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

My husband got called today as well....He is picking his up February 6!!!!!! WAAAAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA! VISA!
CONGRATULATIONS to you and your husband!!!!

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
jamali said:
I'm looking forward for this visit because I've never visited in the winter before so I'm curious to see about the weather, I just hope it's not too cold for me ;D
Where does your husband live in Morocco? Mine is from Ourzazate. Going there in January wasn't warm at all...I'm glad I brought winter clothes. My in-laws thought it funny that I was cold all the time since it's so cold here (normally). I tried several times to explain the indoor heating makes a HUGE difference. lol

hayati

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
15,10,2010..re-do meds 20,10,2011
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
:) Twinnnnnnnnnn iam so happy for you, finally the time has come, something tonight told me to check the forum,,great news....Congratulation.....hubby will be home with you soon and now your life will start :)
JenniYous, congratulations to you as well....all the best :)
Happy Christmas and Happy New Year 2 all.......
this year will be a special year for me, my hubby will have been here almost 1 year and we will be celebrating this 2013 with our baby boy that was born 5 weeks ago...
ALL THE BEST TO ALL,,,

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Thank you to all for your congratulations messages! :-*

Please help me as I am at a loss regarding the coming of my husband. He plans to book a flight from Casa directly to Montreal with Royal Air Maroc on January 18. Then, he would take another flight with Air Canada from Montreal to Vancouver. HOW MUCH TIME does it need at the Montreal airport? His plane from Casa would land in Montreal at 17:00. Do you think he has enough time to catch the second plane at 20:00 ? Thank you so much!

deegirl

Aug 29, 2008
jamali said:
Hi Dair

ok great ... will definitely be sure to include his email

Thanks again, I'm looking forward for this visit because I've never visited in the winter before so I'm curious to see about the weather, I just hope it's not too cold for me ;D
Bring lots of warm clothes cause it's cold over there....with no heat you will freeze

deegirl

Aug 29, 2008
Habibti said:

Please help me as I am at a loss regarding the coming of my husband. He plans to book a flight from Casa directly to Montreal with Royal Air Maroc on January 18. Then, he would take another flight with Air Canada from Montreal to Vancouver. HOW MUCH TIME does it need at the Montreal airport? His plane from Casa would land in Montreal at 17:00. Do you think he has enough time to catch the second plane at 20:00 ? Thank you so much!
That should be plenty of time to get his bags and go through immigration and on to his next flight

~*Dani*~

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6,2012
Doc's Request.
August 16th,2012
AOR Received.
June 20th,2012
Med's Done....
February 17,2012
Interview........
October 18th,2012
Passport Req..
refused........... :(
VISA ISSUED...
so sad
LANDED..........
so upset and sad.
yay.. congrat to those people got visa. good for them. I felt like I really don't care about those *shrugs*

I had a dream about my husband and I at my place in Saskatoon with my family, it look so wonderful then I woke up and see that I am still here in Morocco. my husband had same dream too.

JenniYous

Oct 12, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 1, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 1, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 5, 2012
Interview........
Oct 17, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 6, 2013
LANDED..........
Habibti said:

I would think that would be enough time to catch a connection flight, assuming that he isn't leaving or having to change airports! but I'm as uncertain with this as you are :)

JenniYous

Oct 12, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 1, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 1, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 5, 2012
Interview........
Oct 17, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 6, 2013
LANDED..........
Thanks to all for the congratulations! :D :-*

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
~*Dani*~ said:
yay.. congrat to those people got visa. good for them. I felt like I really don't care about those *shrugs*

I had a dream about my husband and I at my place in Saskatoon with my family, it look so wonderful then I woke up and see that I am still here in Morocco. my husband had same dream too.
Really? You are back to Morocco? I did not know that. When did you arrive? For how long are you there? Courage Dani. One day the nightmare will be behind you. Think positive!

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Hi everyone,

It seems like most people here sponsored their Moroccan husbands outland, and I sponsored mine inland, but I wanted to share my story.
We applied last October through a consultant (BAD IDEA). I married my husband in November of 2010, almost a year before we applied. We had a marriage interview this Monday at our local CIC office, and since then my whole life is falling apart. It was the hardest experience of our lives...the IO consistently insinuated that my husband has faked 2 1/2 years of a relationship with me to gain status, and drilled me as to why my husband's father renewed his visa at a certain time and didn't come to our wedding. We thought it ended well though...the IO said she had a "good feeling" about it, but wanted to look things through before letting us know for sure (she heavily hinted that she was going to approve, made small talk, told us we were a young couple but very mature, etc etc). I had a bad feeling about it, but my husband felt more positive, and faxed her some more information (proof that he is colourblind which is why he dropped out of an industrial drafting program 3 years ago, and a university transcript from 2008/2009).

He spoke to her again on Tuesday over the phone, and she said she has reconsidered her decision, and sees too many contradictions in our case (in the interview she said there were none). She seemed about to refuse but my husband begged her to allow us to send in more evidence, and not to judge us in one day. She didn't want any of our emails, facebook chats, cards or financial information at the interview, now she wants everything. Our deadline for sending everything was Tuesday, and we did everything we could.

When I spoke to the IO on Tuesday, her argument was that since my husband did badly in an engineering program 4 years ago (before we met) and changed programs, then dropped out due to being colourblind, and couldn't remember if he found out in 2009 or 2008 and said 2008, the IO thinks that he ENTERED Canada in 2008 with the INTENTION not of studying and getting a degree, but of meeting someone like me to get residency. According to her, he was faking a relationship with me even while we were still dating and he was still in status, and had no reason too need permanent residency (his plan was always to get a degree and go back to Morocco to work with his dad, but this changed when we got into a serious relationship). My husband has been out of status since September 2010...he tried to have it renewed but it didn't work out. But he's stayed here for ME, and turned down plane tickets back to Morocco to work with his dad on a couple of occasions.

What I tried to explain to the IO was that he has no INCENTIVE to fake a marriage to me for residency, because there's nothing in it for him other than staying here with me. His parents are millionaires, he faces no discrimination or persecution back in Morocco, and he has a million dollar inheritance waiting for him there. His life here is not great...no health insurance, no work permit, no income of any kind other than what I buy him. If he was in Morocco right now he'd be driving around in a fancy car, eating out at fancy restaurants every night, and generally getting the best of what life has to offer, without any of the work normally involved. His dad is a wedding planner and plans wedding for the King's family...in fact, news of our predicament has spread all the way over there, and our IO was about to get a call from one of the King's advisors (which never happened because my husband's dad told the advisor not to).

We're both 99% sure that our application will be refused. The IO called my husband's father and has talked to his mom...they both explained why they weren't at our wedding, and that they love me like a daughter, would love it if we came to live in Morocco indefinitely, and that they will support us both for the rest of their lives. I have a great relationship with my husband's parents, his mom comes to visit every few months, and his family have completely opened themselves up to me...I've never been made to feel uncomfortable or pressured into anything even with the cultural differences.

I'm ashamed to be a Canadian citizen right now. Why is it that we stereotype everyone from a certain country as being "visa hungry" regardless of economic background? I understand why IOs have to intimidate people, to sort out the real from the fake. But what else can we prove other than how genuine our relationship really is? We sent in cards, emails from my parents mentioning my husband, our facebook chats from 2 years ago, my facebook chats with my mother in law, etc etc. All the things I thought would be proof have been used against me...when my husband showed the IO my life insurance policy with him as the sole beneficiary, she basically said "You get $70,000 if she dies...you really lucked out with her didn't you?" Married couples are supposed to support each other, but I guess when your husband is Moroccan it's a different story. If he was British, or Australian or something, I'm sure none of this would have ever happened.

All our friends are shocked by what's happened, and my landlord and neighbours have called the IO to the point where she got all annoyed and told me to stop giving out her number. We're so fortunate to have such amazing friends and family who support us and defend us in this difficult time.

My husband is the most generous, down to earth and kind person I've ever met, and will ever meet. He loves fishing and cooking, and my parents love him. He spends his days cooking me delicious meals and cleaning our house. The last time we visited my parents together, he cooked for a party of 20 people, barbequed, made canapes and then cleaned all the dishes afterwards. The first time my parents met him, a month after we started dating, my mom told me that he would never hurt me, and he would never pressure me into doing anything or make me uncomfortable. A few months before we got married, my best friend told me "You know he'll never ever leave you, right?" If our marriage is not genuine...then no one else's is either.

We just can't change what's already happened, so there's no way we can prove the IO wrong. I just hope we get her refusal letter soon so we can sell everything we have here to leave the country.

It makes me sick that we're supposed to be a 1st world country, open to people of all cultures and believes who can DECIDE what they want to do, and yet a 22 year old Moroccan who gave up a great life in his homeland to stay out of status in Canada with his wife is "willing" to fake everything for a visa...even with his family and all his friends. If Canada can't accept our relationship, then I'm sure Morocco will. At least it's warm there, there's beaches and beautiful architecture, and we can live a normal, immigration free life without our right to choose our future being refused simply because of where my husband was born.

Sorry for the rant. Has anyone else been refused on similar grounds as well?