+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

dmou319

Jul 31, 2012
hi habibti

my name is hasna from maroc . marraksh

im a woman .like i said before im new in this website .thank u for reply to my message

my futur husband from canada winnipeg

we decied to get married but we want to have idea about the paper we need for marriage in maroc

and the paper we need for visa

im sorry about my english

hope hear from u soon

and to hear from any one have idea about that

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
dmou319 said:
hi habibti

my name is hasna from maroc . marraksh
im a woman .like i said before im new in this website .thank u for reply to my message
my futur husband from canada winnipeg
we decied to get married but we want to have idea about the paper we need for marriage in maroc
and the paper we need for visa
im sorry about my english
hope hear from u soon
and to hear from any one have idea about that
Welcome Hasna! You did not tell me if you or your future husband got married before. Is it going to be your first marriage for both of you? I am sure you are Muslim, but what about him?

Here is a link to help you: http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/mariagemixte_note_en.htm

You also need lots of time as it is a long complicated process. It could take between 3 to 4 weeks to get married in Morocco.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Oh! and here is another thread on this forum where you might find answers:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/morocco-maroc-marriage-requirements-for-canadian-t7236.0.html

dmou319

Jul 31, 2012
hi habibti

this the first time for both of us for giting married

im muslima but he is not but he want to be

did he need to be muslim in canada or he should be here in maroc muslim?

thank u so much about the information u give me

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
dmou319 said:
hi habibti

this the first time for both of us for giting married
im muslima but he is not but he want to be
did he need to be muslim in canada or he should be here in maroc muslim?
thank u so much about the information u give me
I don't know what to say for your question. I don't know your history but I recommend you read lots of the posts here on this Forum. You might find some answers as the visa office in Rabat can be very difficult with some cases... All the best to both of you! I am now in Morocco in El Jadida (I arrived here on June 28 and will leave on September 2) to visit my husband. My husband might get his visa beginning of 2013 :)

dmou319

Jul 31, 2012
HI habibti

im happy for u .hope this best for u and for ur husband

like u said i will looking for more information in this form

thanks for the time u give me

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Hi Dmou319, welcome to the forum!! :D

Regarding your question of marriage...is your husband also Muslim? My husband is and I am not. But he had once mentioned that if I was and he wasn't that he would have to convert to be able to marry. Hope that makes sense.

dmou319

Jul 31, 2012
hi fatim zahra

thank u

u have a nice name

im a muslima but my futur husband he is not.i know about if a muslim woman want to marry someone in differnt religion

he have to became muslim. but when muslim man want to marry it's not matter

so u are canadian?

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Thx for the compliment Dmou319 :)

Yes I am Canadian

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salaam dmou,

Welcome to this forum.....i am canadian and i am married to morrocan man,,,,which is coming finally in 8days about...yayyyy...

what u need ......ur futur husband needs birth cerificate...letter of employement ,,,,,if he converts in canada he needs his certificate of conversion ...he needs pictures ...u need to got o notary in morrocco to certify ur certificate etccc...

I have been to marrakesh i like it alot .....good luck ...insha allah everything goes well.....alot of patience and alot of communication

dmou319

Jul 31, 2012
hi vjamal

thank u so much about ur message

i find all the information about marriage but wht i need for visa i find nothing

and cause u have expérience u can tell me if u have time
t ma
i will be thankful

when get married do i have to stay few month and then ask for visa or just when i ge t married ask about it?

ather thing my futur husband he is not a muslim and he want to became .do he have to be a muslim in morocco or he can be there in canada?

THANKS AGAIN

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Hi Hasna,

Yes my husband is Moroccan. He is arriving here in 3 days!!!

For VISA information read through this site. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

When we applied for the VISA we did all the paperwork while I was in Morocco. Just easier, especially for the forms you will have to fill out. You will need the documents that were mentioned plus a lot of proof of your relationship....have him print all the chats, any pictures you share...take more while he is there. Take a lot of pictures of your wedding etc. Anything that shows proof helps a lot.
I then brought everything back with me to Canada and filled out my portion and sent it to the appropriate VISA Office. When we applied it was all done on paper.

It takes time and a lot of patience. But in the end it's ALL worth the wait. Wishing you luck through all this process.

samy77

Aug 13, 2012
hello everyone , i am new in this forum ....but howeva doesnt mean i havent been reading about it .....anyway my prob is that my wife was gettin ready to apply for a sponsorship but what happened was that she read in thier website that she cant apply for it not till she complete a 5 years cuz she was sponosored to come canada ....btw , she is an american .......i just wanna know if this is really true or not cuz this is really scary me plus she entred to canada in 2009 , so if so that would need one year and 4 months to be able to apply for it ......... this is kinda stupid ..........pls i need your help guys .......thx in advance ....... :(

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
shamsia said:
Hi dair! Many congratulations to you and your husband :) Im very happy for you and hope and wish you guys have a good life in Canada.

As far as OHIP is concerned, they need proof of residence and wont accept the PR or the SIN mailed to your house address as valid proof. However, a bank statement mailed to your address is considered as valid. So before you apply for OHIP, you might want to open a bank account first.
Thank you Shamsia, Fatimzahra...everyone... :D

I was away on holidays so have not been on here for a while. Hope everyone is well and I am excited for you Fatimzahra ;D ...just a couple days now :D :D vjamal...don't worry. At least he is still getting the visa. He is on his way and that is the thing to be happy for :)

Everything has been great for us(with exception of his smoking) but honestly we just fell into a routine and it's like we always lived together. We went and got his SIN and a bank account, a key for the house and today he is having his English level testing. The organisation that we went to is very interested in his skill set and are keen to get him started as they would love to have him volunteer with the youth program they have there. They are also interested in me doing some volunteering because of my work skills and experience as well LOL ...

You know what I really love about him... I cook.. he does the dishes!! (his idea too!! lol :p ) Yesterday I got home from work and it was raining. He came out to the parking lot with an umbrella to walk me to the house since I did not have one. He was painting our bedroom yesterday, I picked a very difficult colour, and he was so frustrated that it was not completely perfect when I got home.. poor guy.. I honestly think it looks wonderful and just needs a couple more coats. Really he is so kind to me ... I am very blessed.

I truly wish all the best for everyone here as it really is so challenging .. all the changes .. to both sides. He is always listening for people speaking arabic just to hear the language...lol My advice (for what it's worth) just be flexible...think of it as an adventure, be curious and understanding....and let him take the lead in some things. My husband is off on his first adventure with public transit today to go to his testing. I was nervous at first to let him go alone....but I realised that he needs this... to feel in control of something at a time when he is very vulnerable. So at 5:25 tonight I will find out if I need to send out a search party...hahaha

Have a great day all... 8)

Oh I forgot to mention.... he has taken on his role of student to my daughters "lessons" wonderfully. He is so good with her. I am so happy....it feels like my life is complete for once. :D :D :D