Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
15,10,2010..re-do meds 20,10,2011
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
you can apply the next day for OHIP, it will take 3 months before he can use it.
He will get his OHIP card in the mail in 3 months,,hope this helps you.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
hayati said:
you can apply the next day for OHIP, it will take 3 months before he can use it.
He will get his OHIP card in the mail in 3 months,,hope this helps you.
Awesome, thank you. :D

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Well, the ticket is purchased and there is only 12 days left before my husband arrives :D Have my Mum at my house helping me paint this weekend and doing my best to find a place among my clothes for his...lol I think I need another dresser. ::)

Aug 1st we will finally start our life together. ;D 18 months since I have seen him face to face...I am sooo excited and nervous at the same time. I am really ready for us to finally be together....I know there will be many challenges ahead but I choose to make the best of it all since we only have one life to live. My church family is helping by looking into some employment opportunities so I am trying to figure out how best to create his resume. Oh, and I am trying to find out about OHIP...if anyone knows how soon we can apply or any other pertinant details for that could you please post here. My health benefits at work say he has to be on OHIP first before they can add him..... oh gosh so many details!!

He keeps telling me he wants to come NOW!! I keep saying I want you to come YESTERDAY!! lol :p
So happy for you!!!!! I wish you a happy life together!!!!!

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
patopato said:
So happy for you!!!!! I wish you a happy life together!!!!!
Thank you :D

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Habibti said:
It is 7:00 am here and I can barely keep my eyes open. I think we slept only 2 or 3 hours. I know what I told yesterday was not very pretty. I never had an incident before with my husband and what happened in the last two weeks were not right and I stood my ground. I told him to go to the beach without me yesterday, that we needed this time apart to reflect. Finally he stayed and we did things in different parts of the villa. Early evening he sat next to me on the patio for a long time and we did not talk.

Finally, I went in to work some more on my computer and he sat down next to me to apologize. I told him I could not stand this type of behavior in Canada, especially in front of my son. I told him that pouring some Sprite on my shoulder was irrespectful in our culture. He told me that I should put more efforts in things regarding the house. My mother has been telling me the same, so for me it was nothing new to hear. However, I told him that I did not notice the sand and my carelessness was not done on purpose but his behavior yes.

To make a long discussion short, he said that when he is real nervous and finds something not acceptable (in his book as he does not own the truth), he gets carried away for 2 or 3 minutes and after he is fine. That is why yesterday he poured some Sprite on me to be funny and break the tension. I told him it was not funny.

Having said that, that does not excuse him or other things, but we came to a certain understanding of our differences, of our perceptions, of our expectations, etc. We have come such a long way, we have fought for too long, we endured too much, I cannot (for now) just give up and be radical about our marriage. If he repeats this kind of behavior in Canada, I will deal with it. I am strong enough to face the music. Furthermore, it will be easier as I will be in known territory. Here in Morocco, I feel lost and isolated. At least, in Canada, I have my own resources and I am more free.

I must say I am not without worries. We are going to enter a new chapter of our life. What I have been telling him for years will sink in once he sees for himself. What I mean is that for two years, he told me about Morocco, his life and so many things. I could not grasp his reality and there are things I could not imagine. When I came here, all the pieces were put together and I had a great understanding of what he has told me for months and from there my understanding of him grew. It will be the same for him once he is in Canada.

It will be a huge adjustment for both of us... lots of stresses and conflicts. And I told him that if it is not done in a climate of encouragement, love, tolerance, understanding, then we will be doomed to failure. He understood.

I must stopped here as I feel so so tired. I crossed so many rivers. I still cannot believe that the Ministry's counsel consented. I was so sure we would lose.
Congratulations Habibtie!!!!! I am very happy for you... I am sorry you are having some difficulties with your husband but I don t think anything our husbands do wrong it will absolutely mean they are using us to come to Canada. They are human and they are not perfect and same could happen with someone from here. Even though my husband has always been respectful with me I cannot say that everything is perfect. In their country they are used to be with other men most of the time and I saw my husband adjusting at being with me and I could tell you he changed so much. The other day he was joking and he said : What am I doing ??I am an arab man I am not supposed to be this way and he laughed so hard!!! I hope you two will be able to adjust to each other and be happy... I am so happy with my husband and he started in here like a baby giving the first steps and he went a long way in only 9 months. But I had to change too. Believe me . Good luck with everything and there are times that nobody except you two can solve the problems. :)))

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dair im so happy for you ...im happy for habibti and myself ....we are getting there girls.....my hubby too is coming aug 21st landing after 1year and 17days i havent seen him.lol me too i have to make some drawer space .........

what a beautiful birthday gift to me ............my wishes came true this whole process finished............

i feel like im breathing differently now....lol

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
patopato said:
Congratulations Habibtie!!!!! I am very happy for you... I am sorry you are having some difficulties with your husband but I don t think anything our husbands do wrong it will absolutely mean they are using us to come to Canada. They are human and they are not perfect and same could happen with someone from here. Even though my husband has always been respectful with me I cannot say that everything is perfect. In their country they are used to be with other men most of the time and I saw my husband adjusting at being with me and I could tell you he changed so much. The other day he was joking and he said : What am I doing ??I am an arab man I am not supposed to be this way and he laughed so hard!!! I hope you two will be able to adjust to each other and be happy... I am so happy with my husband and he started in here like a baby giving the first steps and he went a long way in only 9 months. But I had to change too. Believe me . Good luck with everything and there are times that nobody except you two can solve the problems. :)))
Thank you so much patopato! I welcome so much your words today! All is well now. The worst is passed. I guess my husband was acting out as I know how soft, loving and quiet he is usually. Always smiling and finding simplicity in everything. We had layers and layers of stress. Only time will tell me if this "acting out" was due to this stress. As for me, I managed it better as I am older and I am used to facing adversity. I must also say that I used work to manage my stress.

I guess all of us will have our husbands by the end of the year. As for my case, maybe it is wishful thinking to hope he will be here on time for Christmas (our wedding anniversary).

I don't know if all of us will go separate way... I mean maybe once we are settled with our husbands, we won't come too much or maybe never on this Forum. Is there a way we can keep in touch? Other people in my life do not have a clue about immigration and what it is like to live with an immigrant. I wish I could have some sort of support so we can exchange ideas, experiences and all that. I wish we can follow up with each other. If anyone of you wishes to be my Facebook friend, please send me a personal message.

And Dair and Vjamal... I am so happy for you girls. It must be so exciting to prepare the way for your husbands. All my best wishes to you both!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
dair2dv8103100 said:
Well, the ticket is purchased and there is only 12 days left before my husband arrives :D Have my Mum at my house helping me paint this weekend and doing my best to find a place among my clothes for his...lol I think I need another dresser. ::)

Aug 1st we will finally start our life together. ;D 18 months since I have seen him face to face...I am sooo excited and nervous at the same time. I am really ready for us to finally be together....I know there will be many challenges ahead but I choose to make the best of it all since we only have one life to live. My church family is helping by looking into some employment opportunities so I am trying to figure out how best to create his resume. Oh, and I am trying to find out about OHIP...if anyone knows how soon we can apply or any other pertinant details for that could you please post here. My health benefits at work say he has to be on OHIP first before they can add him..... oh gosh so many details!!

He keeps telling me he wants to come NOW!! I keep saying I want you to come YESTERDAY!! lol :p
Hi dair! Many congratulations to you and your husband :) Im very happy for you and hope and wish you guys have a good life in Canada.

As far as OHIP is concerned, they need proof of residence and wont accept the PR or the SIN mailed to your house address as valid proof. However, a bank statement mailed to your address is considered as valid. So before you apply for OHIP, you might want to open a bank account first.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks habibti alot much appeciated......im really anxious and counting the days till his arrival....and hopefully yours will be here even before christmas....you never know ........just have alot of fun there for now and his acting out should stop now .....just dont forget not to be quick on blaming things or actions on culture sometimes its just the person........

i hope we can keep in touvh unfortunately i hate facebook so hopefuly ill see u here ......

dair im excited for you wow soon soon .........

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Habibti said:
WE WON! WE WON! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! I WISH I COULD HAVE TOLD THE NEWS ON A HAPPIER DAY! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WAY TO START RAMADAN! JUST BEFORE WE RECEIVED THE NEWS ON THE PHONE, MY HUSBAND RECONCILED WITH ME IN A MATURE WAY. TOGETHER WE HIT THE WALL OF MISUNDERSTANDINGS AND CULTURAL DIFFERENCES WITH LOTS OF DISCUSSIONS AND COMPROMISES. THEN, WE GOT THE CALL. CANNOT BELIEVE IT! IS MY NIGHTMARE REALLY OVER???
Congratulations on winning your appeal!!!! :D :D :D

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
dair2dv8103100 said:
Well, the ticket is purchased and there is only 12 days left before my husband arrives :D
Ooooo Dair! Only one week until your sweetie finally arrives!!!

Looks like August brings good news our way...hubby should be here August 27th

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
We were rooting for Aug.27th for hubby to be here but things have changed....he'll be here Aug 16th!!!!! :D :D :D

hayati

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
15,10,2010..re-do meds 20,10,2011
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
:D Congratulationz FatimZahra......wishing you all the best and a new happy life with hubby :)

djinna

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
Congrats FatimZahra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I wish you a great life with your husband!!!!!! :)

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....