Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do believe in your relationship being real when I read how you talk about it. I dunno......this is a very hard call to make. The one thing that's true is that you have one life to live and you need to live it with no regrets about what might have been. So take as much of the 30 days as you need to and think about what you will not regret doing. You sound like a great mom and I commend you for thinking about your child at the same time.
Habibti said:
I have 3 jobs and I am quitting one until the end of the Holidays. I need to be more at home and find my balance.

If really my husband was using me for entry to Canada, he would have never talked numerous times about me living with him in Morocco.

I know my husband... my guts feelings tells me he is with me for the right reasons. I suffered so much in the past and learned the hard way, that I developed a 6th sense about cheating, abuse, lying and misrepresentation. I can easily detect when something is wrong or out of place.

If you had the possibility to look at our pictures, you would not see the age difference too much. Many people told me it looks like we are only 5 or 6 years apart. Our love is not part of this world. I cannot explain, but so many strange things happened to demonstrate how the connection between my husband and I is powerful.

It is so powerful that when my mother and all my aunts and uncles looked at our pictures, they said how alike we are my husband and I. It is like we came from the same source, looking like brother and sister.

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Habibti said:
I have 3 jobs and I am quitting one until the end of the Holidays. I need to be more at home and find my balance.

If really my husband was using me for entry to Canada, he would have never talked numerous times about me living with him in Morocco.

I know my husband... my guts feelings tells me he is with me for the right reasons. I suffered so much in the past and learned the hard way, that I developed a 6th sense about cheating, abuse, lying and misrepresentation. I can easily detect when something is wrong or out of place.

If you had the possibility to look at our pictures, you would not see the age difference too much. Many people told me it looks like we are only 5 or 6 years apart. Our love is not part of this world. I cannot explain, but so many strange things happened to demonstrate how the connection between my husband and I is powerful.

It is so powerful that when my mother and all my aunts and uncles looked at our pictures, they said how alike we are my husband and I. It is like we came from the same source, looking like brother and sister.
Habibtie, I am so sorry for the news. I hope you don t give up on your marriage. My husband is here now and it is great. Even if you change your mind latter do the appeal within your 30 days and you can always change it. People, words situations can try to destroy a relationship but true love always win. I know it is hard and I had been reading your posts and I was sure you were getting a positive answer but I don t understand what went wrong. I am sorry that because some people had bad experiences with their husband they think every situation is the same. i told my husband last night about you and about the comments of some people and he was so sad that people will generalize and talk like that about muslims and arabs without knowing that person. I hope you decide to appeal and you might get it in shorter time that what you think. Insha Allah you will be reunited with your husband one day.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodgirl said:
AAL1984, they think you are being hard with them, you are not .how do you say the truth in love, there's no other way.Im 47 he is 27 and i have learned a valuable lesson.AAL1985 you know what you are talking about, where were you when i was sponsoring my desaster yes im canadian he is moroccan.had i not researched everything for myself i would be dissagreeing with you. I lost 47 thousand dollars in 3 years. habibti stop looking at mohammed and khadija think of your son and yourself everything happens for a reason.
And would YOU have listened to AAL1984 3 years ago? No. It's not like marriage fraud is a new thing.

The point of the comment to AAL1984 was to ask him to show a little compassion as Habibti just found out the visa was refused YESTERDAY. It was not the time to kick her when she was already down, whether what he said was true or not. Don't you want people to be kind to you? Or would you prefer people come up with all kinds of reasons to say you should have known better?

You know, I'm not the most sympathetic person in the world. My advice is often short and unemotional. But at least I have empathy. If you don't know what that means, look it up.

Lately, everywhere I go on this board people seem to think they have some magic ability to judge others when they know nothing about them or their circumstances. All of you "mind readers" should go and knock on Jason Kenney's door and tell him you will solve all of his immigration fraud problems because you "know" everything!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
rjessome said:
Lately, everywhere I go on this board people seem to think they have some magic ability to judge others when they know nothing about them or their circumstances. All of you "mind readers" should go and knock on Jason Kenney's door and tell him you will solve all of his immigration fraud problems because you "know" everything!
LMAO!!! Well said!

*packs her bags to pay Jason Kenney a visit, oh wait, I need a visa first* ;D

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Habibti said:
I have to see reality. I am going to be 49 in June. My husband is going to be 30 this summer. If we appeal, we have to wait 2 more years. Then, if we win the appeal, we have to re-apply for visa. Another year. I will be 52!!! And I don't have $5000 to appeal

He should find another woman, his age, and starts over.

The letter states the visa officer is not satisfied with our relationship. She believes my husband is using me for entry to Canada.

WHY DID THEY WAIT TWO MONTHS TO TELL US OUR RELATIONSHIP IS NOT GENUINE? WHAT DID THEY TELL MY HUSBAND IN JUNE TO PAY FOR VISA ASAP AS HE COULD TRAVEL WITH ME TO CANADA WHEN I VISITED HIM IN JULY?

I owe close to $15,000 because of my wedding, my 3 trips to Morocco, etc. I work day and night. I AM COMPLETELY BROKEN.
TRUE LOVE SEES NO END!

you need to calm yourself! you dont need a lawyer for an appeal, it is easier than you think! in total the average from date of refusal to visa being issued is 18 mths. there are no other fees....i will gladly help you!!!

it is difficult i know first hand!!! stay positive, if you love him and he loves you see it thru!

you can email me at quietandconfidential@hotmail.com

stay strong!

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
goodgirl said:
AAL1984, they think you are being hard with them, you are not .how do you say the truth in love, there's no other way.Im 47 he is 27 and i have learned a valuable lesson.AAL1985 you know what you are talking about, where were you when i was sponsoring my desaster yes im canadian he is moroccan.had i not researched everything for myself i would be dissagreeing with you. I lost 47 thousand dollars in 3 years. habibti stop looking at mohammed and khadija think of your son and yourself everything happens for a reason.
hmmmm i missed the post that you and your hubby split, you had always posted against morrocan husbands but you were happy with yours.....live and let live...everything happens for a reason...only we walk in our own shoes...only we can learn our lessons...goodluck

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
ddobro2 said:
I'm glad you encouraged her with your story. I think the remarkable thing about your case is how little English your husband spoke or speaks.....and yet there was a woman who posted elsewhere about being refused (and having her appeal refused) in part because of her husband's lack of sufficient English (inconsistent much, CIC?)

Anywaaaaaay, maybe I should have kept that comment to "I'm glad you encouraged her." Your successful appeal, and in particular the fact that you didn't have a lawyer, are proof that it IS possible to win an appeal.

And I agree with your advice about moving to Morocco. Life is about sacrifice, and unfortunately people who have to deal with immigration have to sacrifice like no other, and if their marriage is worth it, then something's gotta give and some sacrifices have to be made from both sides....and I know that that sucks....

As far as the critical post from the inlander, we all realize that this "pattern" of the young Moroccan man and older Canadian white woman exists....I feel like he was trying to clue us into something that we didn't already know. Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but it's the worst kept secret on this thread...i.e. you're not giving (most of) us any new info. That doesn't mean that you can throw that stuff in her face when she is at her most vulnerable and most hurt and it doesn't mean that you can paint every single relationship with this wide brush. Love is not a mathematical equation either.....it's a miracle. And people are still individuals, no matter what cultures and religions they come from. You know what else? My husband knows of a Moroccan couple here in Montreal.....the woman paid 100,000 dirhams (that's more than 10 grand) to marry the man and have him sponsor her. She got the visa, and let's not kid ourselves.....the reason was the fact that it was a Moroccan sponsoring another Moroccan (don't know about their ages). How ironic, Rabat approves a MOC because they both come from the same culture but how many people of different cultures who are genuinely in love have they unwittingly flung into their MOC pile?

Habibti, the only thing that I'm concerned about as far as your husband's intentions go, is why he did not pay for any part of that $15,000 sum for wedding and trips. Aren't you?
you lost me on your last line! shame!

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Lois Lane said:
hmmmm i missed the post that you and your hubby split, you had always posted against morrocan husbands but you were happy with yours.....live and let live...everything happens for a reason...only we walk in our own shoes...only we can learn our lessons...goodluck
Not sure if this was meant to be funny. ... but I cant help giggling...LOL

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
received question on private message as to how i can say it is 18 mth after refusal for visa to be reissued...MY CASE IS OHHHHHH LETS SAY UNIQUE....not in a good way!!! i did say AVERAGE

we were refused may 2008,

recd file aug 2008 (3 mths)
received copy of file from rabat within 90 days (they have up tp 120 days to send you the copy of the file, which includes CAIPS notes, copies of all you sent, application, pictures etc)

ADR mar 2009 (7mths)
approved
i faxed letter of approval, recd email from rabat that although they needed the original they would go ahead and start reprocessing the file, asked redo medical, they also asked for all the APPLICANT's application to be sent again ie pr application, additional family, places travelled, 8 pics....same paper work as was originally sent

File reprocessed in priority would be aprox (4-6 mths)
even if the file is not processed in priority average processing time is 8 to 9 mths

i said 18 mths on AVERAGE but firmly believe infact that most are less than that

it is fustrating but there is an end

best of luck to all who are still waiting and sincere
to those that post their difficulties about their relationships ending...please consider that each relationship is different...because you were duped doesnt mean all moroccans are doing the same...we understand that it happens way more than it should....one time is more than it should be...find the learning in it for you...dont be bitter...release..live and let live

Mariana

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Habiti after reading your reply I have no doubt that you are genuine, I hope you and your husband can be together, don't give up. You should appeal and explain to the appeal judge(panel?) what you told us here, I'm sure if they are reasonable human beings with a heart they would accept. It doesn't make any sense to keep you guys apart, it's awful.

I was speaking more to other such cases where fraud occurs, it angers and saddens me that because of those bad apples genuine couples like yourself are denied visas. This is really sad.

I hope you appeal the case and win!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's the "shame" in my last line? I essentially said that I found it a bit odd that her husband would just let her pay that huge sum of money - $15,000 - for their wedding and her 3 trips to Morocco.....and not contribute anything (at least that is what I believe the case is). My reason for that is because I believe a man who truly loves his woman would hate himself seeing her work like a dog, save up her money and sacrifice, all to be sole funder for their relationship. Habibti gave me her explanation - that her husband felt awful and wished he could make it up to her when he came to Canada and started earning - and my response is that if that was the case, I suppose that that is understandable.

Paying for airtravel is one thing, but funding the wedding actually does not need to be expensive - not a Moroccan wedding. My husband and I could go to Morocco tomorrow and put together a wedding on practically nothing. First off, if you don't do the celebration on a rooftop or something, there are public spaces in lots of Moroccan towns dedicated to weddings. As far as food, all the Moroccan women in the groom's family would have no problem getting together and cooking huge plates of food for the plethora of family members that could be assembled on fairly short notice (these are large Arab families, after all)....and these women are used to doing this. Then, these families would have enough dresses in their possession to loan out to a bride (not only does the mother have her 7 dresses, but the daughters in the family who have already married would have theirs). Seemingly everyone in Morocco plays a musical instrument, so you could put together entertainment for the celebration easily. My point: there is no need to spend that much, so I don't know why so much was spent. True, there are some rich Moroccans that like to spend 100,000 dirhams or even more on fancy weddings, but these are not the rule.....and these are not the same people who later have to pay s***loads of money to CIC for this sponsorship ordeal. I doubt that CIC's criterion for judging genuineness of relationship is specifically the $$$ spent on a wedding.....if that were true, Kim Kardashian's hypothetical PR visa application would slide through with absolutely no second thoughts, and we all know that marriage is bona fida ::).

And by the way Habibti, as much as this sucks, I guess you're still better off asking for a Canadian visa than a Spanish one. One of my Moroccan husband's sisters lives in Spain. She's a citizen and she's been trying to bring her Moroccon husband to Spain by sponsoring him for a visa...they've been refused three times, and she's going on three years visiting him when she visits Morocco and unable to bring him to Spain. But her husband is working, not just sitting around and waiting for that Spanish visa. Anyway, if that country can put a genuine couple that is from the same religion and nationality through that s***, I don't even want to know what they put Spanish women who sponsor Moroccans through.

Lois Lane said:
you lost me on your last line! shame!

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
rjessome said:
LOVE IT!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
To all of you who left comments in the past hours, thank you! Your support means so much to me. I don't have any hard feelings towards anyone.

Our wedding cost almost nothing. It is just what was around it that was expensive. I think I explained once that my ex "stole" my passport a few months before I went to Morocco to get married (I got married in December 2010). To order a new passport and go to the notary cost money. My ex-y-z! promised me to take care of my house, my son and my dog when I would be away for the month of December. He changed his mind at the last minute. I had to pay airfare for my mother to come. These were unexpected expenses. There was also the trip to pay to go to Ottawa to get my divorce certificate stamped at the ministry of Foreign Affairs. Since my husband lives in a small place with his mother and 3 brothers, we had to rent an apartment so we could have some time as husband and wife. I missed work in December, therefore I lost income. And so on!

I know things are not expensive in Morocco, but my husband and his family covered the food, the transportation and the outings. My husband showered me with gifts when I left. Many times my husband told me he felt bad about me working so much and to pay for all these trips. Many times he assured me he would make it up to me once he is in Canada. My house needs repairs and he was supposed to do all of them once he arrives in Canada. He told me not to pay someone as he would do the job himself. When I was there, he did everything... he never wanted me to tidy up or to cook or to wash dishes or to carry bags. He did everything.

I don't want to write too much as I am not physically feeling well. I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for taking the time to read me, to understand me, to encourage me. This is what I need the most right now. I feel like a widow. I feel I am in mourning. My husband cannot be there for me. Himself, he is dealing with pain. He had to go to work this morning with a bleeding heart and after work he went into the forest to scream and cry. I know I did not lose him as he wants to fight our case but for the moment I feel like I lost him as we are both so crushed that we cannot give each other what we need.

After two days of absence from work, I will try to go to work tomorrow.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Oh Habibti. Sending love and prayers to you. Big hugs!

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Habibti just relax, trust me it'll be fine. You just need to appeal this and you and your husband need to explain how much you care for each other in front of those judges, all their looking for is honest answers. Once they see you in person, they won't have a doubt.

There is a website with all the appeal cases, http://canlii.org/en/ca/irb/index.html

These appeals and reasons for approval or rejection are all laid out in that website, I suggest you have a quick read through some of the spousal sponsorship cases and why the appeal board decided to allow or deny them. If you have a look you will see their pretty reasonable in terms of who they approve, just be yourself with them, be open and honest, both of you can cry if you have too. This is Canada after all not North Korea, they can't just deny you like that! Get your MP involved if you have too, put those guys to work.

You need to just take a deep breath and calm down, and calm your husband down as well. DO NOT PANIC. Read through the cases, do your home work and make an appeal with tons of evidence. Just think of it like a University exam which you must retake in order to graduate, come to the appeal prepared, knock them out with your evidence. You will be approved, I have no doubt at all.