Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Look Habiti I know its tough right now, but you have to consider the fact that sometimes things happen for a reason. You may hate something that is good for you, but like something that is bad for you, you don't know but GOD knows, I know its hard but you gotta think of it that way if you are a person of faith.

Please and I say this with all due respect, I see a huge disturbing pattern here with older Western White women and young Moroccan men. It is quite obvious they are using you guys to get out of Morocco, you are just too naive to see it.

29 yr old young Arab Muslim men marrying 47, 48 yr old women? Give your head a shake, do you know how odd that is in Arab culture! If you were not a Canadian Citizen do you still think this man would have any interest in you, HELL NO!! I don't care how pretty you are!

Do you know how important it is in Arab and Muslim culture to marry a younger virgin girl, settle down and start a family!! No guy is going to give that up. I know this culture very well from my fathers side of the family. Please, please be careful.

Immigration authorities have obviously caught onto this. I am sure they have seen numerous cases of men using this way to get into Canada then abandoning their wives.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
AAL1984 said:
Do you know how important it is in Arab and Muslim culture to marry a younger virgin girl, settle down and start a family!! No guy is going to give that up. I know this culture very well from my fathers side of the family. Please, please be careful.
I happen to have a good friend who has the same age gap as Habibti and her husband DID give that up to be with her because he loves her.

I am not disagreeing with you but you cannot make a general statement about ALL people.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAL1984 said:
Look Habiti I know its tough right now, but you have to consider the fact that sometimes things happen for a reason. You may hate something that is good for you, but like something that is bad for you, you don't know but GOD knows, I know its hard but you gotta think of it that way if you are a person of faith.

Please and I say this with all due respect, I see a huge disturbing pattern here with older Western White women and young Moroccan men. It is quite obvious they are using you guys to get out of Morocco, you are just too naive to see it.

29 yr old young Arab Muslim men marrying 47, 48 yr old women? Give your head a shake, do you know how odd that is in Arab culture! If you were not a Canadian Citizen do you still think this man would have any interest in you, HELL NO!! I don't care how pretty you are!

Immigration authorities have obviously caught onto this. I am sure they have seen numerous cases of men using this way to get into Canada then abandoning their wives.
Seriously dude, have some heart. It doesn't matter if what you say is true or not, she just found out TODAY. Spare her the tough love until she has five minutes to heal a little.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
rjessome said:
Seriously dude, have some heart. It doesn't matter if what you say is true or not, she just found out TODAY. Spare her the tough love until she has five minutes to heal a little.

AMEN!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
locolynn said:
Habibti I am so sorry for this terrible news. Could you put the paperwork in motion for an appeal, and decide whether you want to pursue it later? You are rightfully very upset right now. Take sone time, talk with your husband and make the decision together. Good luck to you.

Locolynn
Thank you Lynn :)

I have to wait for the notes! I need to understand the logical reason(s) behind their refusal. Everything is too bizarre for me! First, the visa office asked us to pay the visa asap, then they told my husband the possibility to come to Canada with me after my visit to him this summer, then they told my husband at the interview they need to do the checks (these must be done before an interview) and finally they sent a refusal letter 9 weeks after the interview!!??!!! Why have they waited so long to send this refusal letter? Are they confusing us with some other people?

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
AAL1984 said:

I cannot believe what I am reading here! You say that it is important in Arab and Muslim culture to marry a younger virgin girl, but what about Mohammed??? His first love and His most precious love was for Khadija. And she was 20 years older!!!

You don't know our story, how could you judge us that way? I know other members would tell me I should not reply to you, but I feel like it. I feel it will help me with my grief. I need to express myself, otherwise the strong emotions risk to choke me. Writing has always helped me to get some relief.

I am a French instructor online for an international website. My husband registered on that website in January 2008 to learn Spanish beginner and French advanced. I reviewed one of his writing exercises and during the time I was typing my comments to him, I could feel a force around me. Without knowing his age, or other personal information and without a profile picture, I felt I already knew him, I felt I already loved him. I felt he was family. He appreciated so much my corrections on his exercise, that he chose me as his personal French teacher. One day, 3 weeks later, I went online and he was also online. He connected with me and we chatted for 3 hours. Our conversation was both deep and funny. On that first day we talked, I told him how I was strongly against being in a relationship. I told him I never wanted to marry again. He did not know about my age and I did not know about his age.

Before my present husband, I got married to the father of my son who is the SAME AGE as me (same nationality, same religion). He lied to me, he cheated on me, he mentally abused me and he took something more valuable than just a visa: MY SANITY.

So you see... age is NOT a guarantee for a sane healthy happy relationship.

It took me years to regain my sanity, my identity and to rebuild my finances. That is why I told my present husband (almost 4 years ago) that NEVER I will marry again. I raised my son by myself and never I was involved in a relationship. My son and my work were my priorities. I decided to have it the hard way. To spend my days and my nights alone. I completely lost the faith in true love.... until my present husband came into the picture in 2008. As I said it was just a relationship as teacher and as student. But often we emailed to each other or chatted as great friends. He did propose marriage a couple of times, but each time I refused. I was not that naive... If I was naive, I would have fallen right away in his arms or in the arms of any Canadian man who was interested in me.

My husband went through a heartbreak when I told him end of summer 2009 he should find another woman than me, a woman from his country. Even if he was heartbroken, he told me it was best for me to be with a Canadian man. To make a long story short, we had mystical experiences and meaningful signs from life or God I don't know! that we had to meet. I went to meet him during summer 2010 with complete detachment. I did not care about the outcome because I was happy with my life. I just went there as an observant and I must say I got impressed with his high morals, his beautiful qualities, his values, etc. I observed him and his family for weeks. I did not get involved romantically. He gave me faith again in true love and that is why I decided to marry him.

As for age difference and have children... this is something I told my husband numerous times! I tried to discourage him. He told me he could be with a woman from the same country as him, the same age, but deep down he felt he won't find the same happiness with her as with me. Life is made of minuses and pluses. Yes, he has to give up on a younger woman, on children, etc. but he prefers to give up all that to be happy with me. With a woman his age, he could have another set of minuses. With any woman or any man, does not matter the age, you find a set of good things and a few bad things. He prefers to have the good things and the bad things with ME. This is what is love about!

And if what you say is right... that is using me to get visa, so be it! I believe that life will take care of him in a harsh way one day or the other.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
I'm so sorry Habibti, I do know how it feels. I know I'm not from this thread, but I feel like you have always been encouraging to me as I went through my trials of having to appeal my husbands PR. I think you should appeal it. I never had a lawyer. I'm not saying its not important to have a lawyer, but we couldn't afford it and we felt like we really would win, because it is true what we have is real, and reading your story, you sound very sincere. Don't throw it away because you feel it is hopeless---it's not hopeless. I understand you are hurt and your husband probably feels devastated too. I knew I had to go to him, after my husband was refused because they didn't believe we had a genuine marriage and we have an age gap of 12 years, and Turkey is a Muslim country too, so I'm sure that is similar to you. If it's possible for you to go there?
You will be mailed the refusal letter and it will contain a chance for you to appeal the decision. You will have 30 days to do this. You can fax your forms to them. That's what I did. Right before I moved to Turkey.
When I finally did come back for the appeal hearing, the two of us were so confident that we could not lose, and we didn't lose. We won!!! Maybe you cannot go there but there are other ways you can prove your relationship is true. You'll have time to consider that before you are given an appeal hearing date.
Once again, so sorry Habibti. It's an awful feeling :'(

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Habibti said:
I am a French instructor online for an international website. My husband registered on that website in January 2008 to learn Spanish beginner and French advanced. I reviewed one of his writing exercises and during the time I was typing my comments to him, I could feel a force around me. Without knowing his age, or other personal information and without a profile picture, I felt I already knew him, I felt I already loved him. I felt he was family. He appreciated so much my corrections on his exercise, that he chose me as his personal French teacher. One day, 3 weeks later, I went online and he was also online. He connected with me and we chatted for 3 hours. Our conversation was both deep and funny. On that first day we talked, I told him how I was strongly against being in a relationship. I told him I never wanted to marry again. He did not know about my age and I did not know about his age.

Before my present husband, I got married to the father of my son who is the SAME AGE as me (same nationality, same religion). He lied to me, he cheated on me, he mentally abused me and he took something more valuable than just a visa: MY SANITY.

So you see... age is NOT a guarantee for a sane healthy happy relationship.

It took me years to regain my sanity, my identity and to rebuild my finances. That is why I told my present husband (almost 4 years ago) that NEVER I will marry again. I raised my son by myself and never I was involved in a relationship. My son and my work were my priorities. I decided to have it the hard way. To spend my days and my nights alone. I completely lost the faith in true love.... until my present husband came into the picture in 2008. As I said it was just a relationship as teacher and as student. But often we emailed to each other or chatted as great friends. He did propose marriage a couple of times, but each time I refused. I was not that naive... If I was naive, I would have fallen right away in his arms or in the arms of any Canadian man who was interested in me.

My husband went through a heartbreak when I told him end of summer 2009 he should find another woman than me, a woman from his country. Even if he was heartbroken, he told me it was best for me to be with a Canadian man. To make a long story short, we had mystical experiences and meaningful signs from life or God I don't know! that we had to meet. I went to meet him during summer 2010 with complete detachment. I did not care about the outcome because I was happy with my life. I just went there as an observant and I must say I got impressed with his high morals, his beautiful qualities, his values, etc. I observed him and his family for weeks. I did not get involved romantically. He gave me faith again in true love and that is why I decided to marry him.

As for age difference and have children... this is something I told my husband numerous times! I tried to discourage him. He told me he could be with a woman from the same country as him, the same age, but deep down he felt he won't find the same happiness with her as with me. Life is made of minuses and pluses. Yes, he has to give up on a younger woman, on children, etc. but he prefers to give up all that to be happy with me. With a woman his age, he could have another set of minuses. With any woman or any man, does not matter the age, you find a set of good things and a few bad things. He prefers to have the good things and the bad things with ME. This is what is love about!

And if what you say is right... that is using me to get visa, so be it! I believe that life will take care of him in a harsh way one day or the other.
What a touching touching story Habibti! We do not know what the future has in store for us, but to me, it's truly a blessing to experience what you have done so far with your husband. It is so difficult to find this kind of love in this world. Im sure love will find a way for you guys to be together :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs. Turan said:
I'm so sorry Habibti, I do know how it feels. I know I'm not from this thread, but I feel like you have always been encouraging to me as I went through my trials of having to appeal my husbands PR. I think you should appeal it. I never had a lawyer. I'm not saying its not important to have a lawyer, but we couldn't afford it and we felt like we really would win, because it is true what we have is real, and reading your story, you sound very sincere. Don't throw it away because you feel it is hopeless---it's not hopeless. I understand you are hurt and your husband probably feels devastated too. I knew I had to go to him, after my husband was refused because they didn't believe we had a genuine marriage and we have an age gap of 12 years, and Turkey is a Muslim country too, so I'm sure that is similar to you. If it's possible for you to go there?
You will be mailed the refusal letter and it will contain a chance for you to appeal the decision. You will have 30 days to do this. You can fax your forms to them. That's what I did. Right before I moved to Turkey.
When I finally did come back for the appeal hearing, the two of us were so confident that we could not lose, and we didn't lose. We won!!! Maybe you cannot go there but there are other ways you can prove your relationship is true. You'll have time to consider that before you are given an appeal hearing date.
Once again, so sorry Habibti. It's an awful feeling :'(
I'm glad you encouraged her with your story. I think the remarkable thing about your case is how little English your husband spoke or speaks.....and yet there was a woman who posted elsewhere about being refused (and having her appeal refused) in part because of her husband's lack of sufficient English (inconsistent much, CIC?)

Anywaaaaaay, maybe I should have kept that comment to "I'm glad you encouraged her." Your successful appeal, and in particular the fact that you didn't have a lawyer, are proof that it IS possible to win an appeal.

And I agree with your advice about moving to Morocco. Life is about sacrifice, and unfortunately people who have to deal with immigration have to sacrifice like no other, and if their marriage is worth it, then something's gotta give and some sacrifices have to be made from both sides....and I know that that sucks....

As far as the critical post from the inlander, we all realize that this "pattern" of the young Moroccan man and older Canadian white woman exists....I feel like he was trying to clue us into something that we didn't already know. Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but it's the worst kept secret on this thread...i.e. you're not giving (most of) us any new info. That doesn't mean that you can throw that stuff in her face when she is at her most vulnerable and most hurt and it doesn't mean that you can paint every single relationship with this wide brush. Love is not a mathematical equation either.....it's a miracle. And people are still individuals, no matter what cultures and religions they come from. You know what else? My husband knows of a Moroccan couple here in Montreal.....the woman paid 100,000 dirhams (that's more than 10 grand) to marry the man and have him sponsor her. She got the visa, and let's not kid ourselves.....the reason was the fact that it was a Moroccan sponsoring another Moroccan (don't know about their ages). How ironic, Rabat approves a MOC because they both come from the same culture but how many people of different cultures who are genuinely in love have they unwittingly flung into their MOC pile?

Habibti, the only thing that I'm concerned about as far as your husband's intentions go, is why he did not pay for any part of that $15,000 sum for wedding and trips. Aren't you?

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
WOW! So many things to comment about! I don't know where to start lol

Mrs. Turan... I followed your story and I was so happy to read your great news a couple of days ago!!! WAY TO GO!!! ALL MY CONGRATULATIONS AND WISHES OF HAPPINESS!

I cannot go live in Morocco. I don't have the rights to separate my son from his father. My son has a life here and I don't have the right to take everything away from him. He refuses to live with his father. It is an absolute NO. By the way, it has been him and I for so long, I don't have the heart to leave him behind. He does NOT want to live in Morocco.

Also I cannot leave my jobs behind. It is my security. I fought for too long to gain work security and seniority.

And what about my land and house? I just acquired them and in some years it will be worth a fortune. It is my son's heritage (inheritance?). I have so many debts that even if I sell my property, it will be a complete loss. I had to make sacrifices for 9 years to get this land where my son and I live.

Eight months after I met my husband, he lost his father (brain tumor). He has to support his mother and 3 younger brothers. You know how tough it is in Morocco to find employment. My husband works here and there, but it is little income, very little. My husband always felt guilty that I had to pay for everything. He always said that once he is in Canada, he will extra hard to pay back what I have spent over the years to be with him. It was his utmost desire.

I am not 20 anymore. I am not a free bird. There are so many legal and financial complexities attached to my life that I don't see it possible to live in Morocco.

I still think we were treated unfairly. The letter is poorly written. There are no reasons, no arguments. I am going to phone my MP office tomorrow for the second time. I have to see the notes before taking action.

goodgirl

Jul 13, 2011
AAL1984, they think you are being hard with them, you are not .how do you say the truth in love, there's no other way.Im 47 he is 27 and i have learned a valuable lesson.AAL1985 you know what you are talking about, where were you when i was sponsoring my desaster yes im canadian he is moroccan.had i not researched everything for myself i would be dissagreeing with you. I lost 47 thousand dollars in 3 years. habibti stop looking at mohammed and khadija think of your son and yourself everything happens for a reason.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you Algerian, djinna? So you're being sponsored yourself.....that's kinda rare on this thread (as you might expect given the name....Sponsoring Husband from Morocco :)). Good luck with your application process :)
djinna said:
Never give up on life cuz i did last year and hamdoulilah im here now and happy and wtv will happen with my sponsor, i know God wants only the best for me and my husband.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
goodgirl said:
AAL1984, they think you are being hard with them, you are not .how do you say the truth in love, there's no other way.Im 47 he is 27 and i have learned a valuable lesson.AAL1985 you know what you are talking about, where were you when i was sponsoring my desaster yes im canadian he is moroccan.had i not researched everything for myself i would be dissagreeing with you. I lost 47 thousand dollars in 3 years. habibti stop looking at mohammed and khadija think of your son and yourself everything happens for a reason.
I have 3 jobs and I am quitting one until the end of the Holidays. I need to be more at home and find my balance.

If really my husband was using me for entry to Canada, he would have never talked numerous times about me living with him in Morocco.

I know my husband... my guts feelings tells me he is with me for the right reasons. I suffered so much in the past and learned the hard way, that I developed a 6th sense about cheating, abuse, lying and misrepresentation. I can easily detect when something is wrong or out of place.

If you had the possibility to look at our pictures, you would not see the age difference too much. Many people told me it looks like we are only 5 or 6 years apart. Our love is not part of this world. I cannot explain, but so many strange things happened to demonstrate how the connection between my husband and I is powerful.

It is so powerful that when my mother and all my aunts and uncles looked at our pictures, they said how alike we are my husband and I. It is like we came from the same source, looking like brother and sister.

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
hayati said:
patopato thanks, happy to know your husband is with you right now :) .... tkz ddobro2 :)
I hope Rabat will receive his medicals in the next week or so,,I don't know how long it takes Paris to send in the med's to Rabat....
Twin don't worry all will be good,,iam sure you will hear from them soon,,my finger's are still crossed and your always included in my prayers...keep smiiling twin :)
Thank you so much. Insh aallah he will be with you soon!!