+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Ichraq

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Hi thank u a lot jamali actually I'm really scared about the wedding I mean will only say the truth we will have a big wedding once I get thier and his family already came to my sister wedding they couldn'n't come because his father had a heart surgery and have profs talking to his sister and brother preparing for the wedding what u think I need ur healp it's the truth

Ichraq

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Hi yup welcome to the forum it's realy helpful wanna say be pation inshalah everything will be fine usury in rabat will take 4 to 5 6 month until u hear anything so stay happy try not to think about it I was like u too and alhamdolilah was not thinking of it at all until I got letter for them and god luck :)

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
YUP said:
hello everybody !
How amazing it is to find a such nice topics and people as you guys, i was panicking and frustrated before i find this beautiful website it cools me down alot, sorry i haven't introduced myself yet, everything seems to be like completely destroyed :( i'm a man from Morocco i met my wife online we were getting along with each other everything was like a dream mhmmmm how beautiful it is to dream and close your eyes to be able to take yourself everywhere you want before you have to open them and face the freaking reality :( sorry guys for my language i know that some of you won't appreciate it :p i'm just in a period where i have to express myself, and i have to be also sorry for my bad English. Anyhow my situation is that after all the hard long process of getting married in Morocco we all sent our application and it was ok in Canada, but once they got it here everything seems to go slow as hell it has been more than 3 months now and nothing appears :(
i just need your support guys and helps if is it normal that this process takes that long
thank you for taking time reading for me :)
Salam Yup, welcome to the forum. It takes about 5 months to hear from the Rabat office. My husband and I did our application last year. They received our file in Rabat in early June and by November they called my husband for an interview.

You and your wife can order your GCMS notes. These notes will tell you what the visa officers think about your relationship and proofs. Your wife will have to order the notes. They cost $5 and takes about 30 days to receive them through email. Is your wife named as your representative on your file? If not, then you will have to print off a consent form, sign it, scan it and email it to her. She then has to sign it too then attach it to the request for notes.

In the meantime, have you and your wife been practicing on the kinds of questions they will ask youu at the interview? It's better to practice.

Good luck to you and your wife!

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Ichraq said:
Hi thank u a lot jamali actually I'm really scared about the wedding I mean will only say the truth we will have a big wedding once I get thier and his family already came to my sister wedding they couldn'n't come because his father had a heart surgery and have profs talking to his sister and brother preparing for the wedding what u think I need ur healp it's the truth
You're welcome Ichraq. As long as you tell them the truth and show them your proof about your plans for a big wedding in Canada then I think it's good. It does sound like you have good proofs especially when you can show you're preparing for a wedding here in Canada. My husband and I didn't have a wedding celebration too but we still got approved. Is any of your family from Morocco able to attend the wedding in Canada? That would be good proof toom

Again good luck!!

Ichraq

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Thnks a lot jamali seriously imm realy scared about it it's the only red flag my family they need a visa but they will try to apply avisitor visa I have a old friend family at America we will invite her she will attend the wedding and we have blood ties my sister she's married to my brother In law and they have daughter I' preparing Cannt sleep now I'm on YouTube and locking for question they might ask they only aske my passport is it okay they didnmt ask to bring prof but I will take my ipad with me so I show them preparing wedding that I talk to his family everyday emails between me and he's sister and he's brother

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Since it was only a few weeks ago that they asked you for more proofs, I think it's normal they didn't ask you to bring more proofs now. But yes, it's a good idea to take more proofs now to show them your preparations for your wedding in Canada. They may also ask you what your family thinks about your marriage and the fact that you didn't celebrate it there in Morocco. Did you do other things to announce your marriage? Perhaps you can show those kinds of proof too. Since this is your only red flag and if you have good proofs then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Be sure to have good rest before your interview so that you will be comfortable during your interview. It will go well insha'Allah

Ichraq

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Inshalah from now I can't sleeep inshalah everything will go fine thnks a lot for ur help ihope everybody her good news inshalah

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
You're welcome. I do understand when you say you can't sleep. I remember the night before my husband's interview I couldn't sleep at all! lol

Yes insha'Allah everyone will hear good news and be in Canada soon with their loved ones.

Ichraq

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Haha it's hard time thinking thinking go back with memories so Idon't forget anything all details dates moments ... So yeaaa this is liife thnks alooot

AMYA

Sep 18, 2014
Hi Ichraq,

What do you have right now on your e-Cas ? Does it show Medical received ? on process ?

Good Luck for your Interview by the way

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ichraq that's great news!! Finally something's moving. Just be prepared, they are going to pick on the weakest parts of your case and grill you on and on about it. Just remember in your mind why you had a small wedding, just answer honestly and be confident in your answer and don't let the officer make you second guess or doubt anything!! Talk a lot about your spouse, what they do, where they live, what they like to do for fun and what sort of things you plan to do together as husband and wife in Canada. Things like going out for coffee or movies or whatever you like to do together, where you talked about traveling to, and be strong in yourself when you talk about how you fell in love. Don't get upset by anything they ask you but have an attitude of humility and give them all the answers they ask for. Praying you will be calm, cool and collected and will have your passport stamped by the end of the interview insh'allah!!!

YUP believe me we all feel your frustration. Most of us had no idea going into this what was ahead. We were in love and couldn't wait to be together and married as quickly as we could and it almost seems this works against us. But if you can just resign yourself to the idea that this is a process, and a long one, and be prepared for the 9 or 10 months it's going to take, it will help your sanity immensely. You can't speed things up by one single second by getting angry and demanding and losing your patience. CIC does what it does and can't be moved!! But in the end, it can be a huge growth for your relationship and oh, how much sweeter it will be when you are reunited!!! And when you have questions or feel like you just can't go on another day, you will find tons of support and answers here.

Ichraq

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Paths I you a lot habeb u realy helped me I'm relay stressed now couldn'n't sleep since they contact me my eyes so reed only left tomorow :(. I wil leave it to Allah

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry Ichraq I didn't mean to scare you at all. You have nothing to fear, I just want you to be prepared. It is a tough thing to go through, but just have confidence in yourself, your answers and your love. They will try to shake your confidence because that's all they can do to see if you breakdown but remember God is with you!

Ichraq

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
I'm preparing a lot iknow everything about my husband hamdolilah and wil say the truth give me an example like what they will try to do what should I wear I should be verry elegante !!!

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Hi all, sorry this is my second attempt to get some answers on here. I apologize if I am in wrong place. My husband and I had some questions. I am sponsoring him from Morocco. Is there a line that CIC draws for age difference. Ours is less than 20 yrs but in some photos he looks older. Also do I need to have my own home to sponsor? As my plan was to rent an apartment closer to his pr approval. We can expect a wait of 5-6 months once his app gets to Rabat? I did hire a lawyer but I feel I could have done a better job, saved time and money. Anyhow thanks in advance for any replies. Best wishes to all!