Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
dair2dv8103100 said:
Here's one I found...hope it works... goodness knows I am not good at this sort of thing.. :p Here goes...

Thats so adorable! Thx

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)

Sending this little cheer out to all of us waiting...

Got to try and keep the spirits up!

djinna

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
Good luck Dair!!! I hope everything will be alright!!!

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks everyone... :D

After a weekend of quizzing the thing I am most worried about is that I know my husband requested the interview in arabic but I am not sure the people that do the interviewing even can speak arabic?? Although the woman that called him about the interview was moroccan he says. I told him that the person that called may not be the person that does the interview. Also, they never mentioned when they called if he would have to hire an interpreter ??? Anyone else with this experience ?

In any event as long as he understands the questions I am confident he can answer well.

Tomorrow night he will stay with his sister as she lives closer to Rabat and her husband can drive him to the interview in the morning. But it also means I won't be able to speak with him :( . So the next time I will talk with him is after the interview. :-\

Phew... 2 more sleepless nights just to find out that we will be waiting another few months for answer. Sheesh I wish I could get my mind to realise this.... but noooo my mind thinks the end of the world is coming March 6th, 2012 :-X

It is interesting because anyone that knows me knows I am an active Christian. Today the pastor mentioned in his sermon several times... Jesus said... "Don't worry..." hahaha I felt like he was talking to me. Yet how easy to speak the words... and how hard to do the action.

Forgive me if I blab a little.. or a lot here in the next couple days... it's stress and there are few places I can burn it off where people actually understand what I am going through.

I luvs my forum peeps...

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Anxious to hear how the interview went. Hope your hubby's nerves were more calm. xo

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So interview is over... phew... I am riding on fumes of little sleep.

As I suspected they gave him a hard time about the language issues. Even though he requested an interview in arabic she started with french....then they tried english... but you see I spoil him with speaking slow and a mix of english, broken french and what little arabic I know. Plus after 3.5 years of talking to each other online we just understand each other. I think that is normal is most cases...but in any event she ended up calling in someone that speaks arabic to translate... which is what he wanted in the first place and would have saved time... *rolls eyes. She said all this time talking with your wife and you dont know english better?? Well DUH... when you are not immersed in it and only use it to speak to ONE person what do you expect?? Anyway... he answered that much better than I would have.. hahaha he simply said my wife and I talk everyday and she understands me very good and I use a translater in the internet to help if there is something I don't understand. He also said (and it is true) that once he is here he is going to take ESL classes.

Other than this the rest seemed to go very well. At the end she asked him to wait and she returned the photos I sent and some papers...which I assume is my sponsorship application. She told him to get his medical redone and once she hears from the Dr that she would call him.

Most people are saying that if she asked him to redo the medical it must be good .... but we here on the forum know better than that... hahahaha...it simply expired on Feb 28th. The Dr's must make their money too *wink wink

I also thought this was interesting as I had not heard it on here before. She told him it is not her that decides or one person... it is a group of people that all sit down together with each application and they all go over it and then each one says whether they would give this person a visa or not and why. The decision is then made from this discussion..... interesting no?

I am beat... if anyone has any questions about the interview or the questions asked please just ask and I will try to answer as best I can.

Time to actually concentrate on my work... :p

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
dair2dv8103100 said:
So interview is over... phew... I am riding on fumes of little sleep.

As I suspected they gave him a hard time about the language issues. Even though he requested an interview in arabic she started with french....then they tried english... but you see I spoil him with speaking slow and a mix of english, broken french and what little arabic I know. Plus after 3.5 years of talking to each other online we just understand each other. I think that is normal is most cases...but in any event she ended up calling in someone that speaks arabic to translate... which is what he wanted in the first place and would have saved time... *rolls eyes. She said all this time talking with your wife and you dont know english better?? Well DUH... when you are not immersed in it and only use it to speak to ONE person what do you expect?? Anyway... he answered that much better than I would have.. hahaha he simply said my wife and I talk everyday and she understands me very good and I use a translater in the internet to help if there is something I don't understand. He also said (and it is true) that once he is here he is going to take ESL classes.

Other than this the rest seemed to go very well. At the end she asked him to wait and she returned the photos I sent and some papers...which I assume is my sponsorship application. She told him to get his medical redone and once she hears from the Dr that she would call him.

Most people are saying that if she asked him to redo the medical it must be good .... but we here on the forum know better than that... hahahaha...it simply expired on Feb 28th. The Dr's must make their money too *wink wink

I also thought this was interesting as I had not heard it on here before. She told him it is not her that decides or one person... it is a group of people that all sit down together with each application and they all go over it and then each one says whether they would give this person a visa or not and why. The decision is then made from this discussion..... interesting no?

I am beat... if anyone has any questions about the interview or the questions asked please just ask and I will try to answer as best I can.
Congratulations Dair (and your husband too!). I was thinking of you today even though my day was challenging enough. Teachers started the strike yesterday and I started to work today in two new schools right in the middle of a school year. It was not obvious to go to work and all the teachers are outside and I don't get to meet my two new supervisors lol

I cannot believe it!!! So it was not ONLY the VO who was against us, but a bunch of ***!

Can't wait to hear your next good news! :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
That's excellent, Dair! Glad he got the med re-do request as well, it is a positive sign!

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dair2dv8103100 said:
Ok.. I was wrong on this. When we spoke on the phone I THOUGHT he said that SHE told him this. But it was not her. It was a friend. After speaking with him tonight he clarified that. So I doubt it is true. I thought it sounded strange.... because she is the only one that I am aware of that really has our application in her head. She is the only one that has spoken with him. So unless she is just relaying this information to someone else I would imagine it is her that is the one deciding.

He said things went very well... just that she complained about his english. But in the end I cant see this being a reason to deny when I have neighbours that speak barely a few sentences of english. It is obvious that when he gets here he will learn by experience and schooling.

But from our conversation I believe he did well and answered well. Now it is in her hands. ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Dair, it looks like things are moving along smoothly.......now go get some sleep!

I don't buy the claim that they "sit down together with each application and decide if person x should get a visa or not and why." I think there is one decision-maker per file at the visa offices. I've looked at various immigration related litigation on CanLii and I've only ever seen the cases written up to say that so-and-so's case was decided by an Immigration Officer, singular. And I also have a hard time believing that having a decision be debated by a group would be the most efficient thing to do for the VO. Even if we're talking about one IO working a file until the point of the interview and then debriefing his or her colleagues at the last stage (of course everyone else would be doing the same thing for their files), that is a big use of everyone's time.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funny that I just saw this after I posted about this very thing. Go to bed young lady!
dair2dv8103100 said:
Ok.. I was wrong on this. When we spoke on the phone I THOUGHT he said that SHE told him this. But it was not her. It was a friend. After speaking with him tonight he clarified that. So I doubt it is true. I thought it sounded strange.... because she is the only one that I am aware of that really has our application in her head. She is the only one that has spoken with him. So unless she is just relaying this information to someone else I would imagine it is her that is the one deciding.

He said things went very well... just that she complained about his english. But in the end I cant see this being a reason to deny when I have neighbours that speak barely a few sentences of english. It is obvious that when he gets here he will learn by experience and schooling.

But from our conversation I believe he did well and answered well. Now it is in her hands. ::)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:

Hope you get positive news.

This is a rule of Procedural Fairness. "Whomever hears must decide." A VO can seek advice from a program manager or supervisor BUT ultimately they must make the decision.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....