+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

nimi01

Nov 18, 2011
I encountered this forum and found it to be quite interesting. I am wondering if there is anyone who has had experience with sponsoring their Moroccan spouse. I reside in Ontario and my husband in Morocco as he awaits an interview. We aren't sure yet when he will get it, but we were told that it would take 5 months for him to hear something. Our file was sent to Rabat in January. We hope to hear something by June or July. Is there anyone here who has gone through the process and had some success? Please respond to my message and let me know your story. We would appreciate any information. Thank you.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I don't know if the reason why you said the MPs message about not being able to order them for you made you cry was a result of the accumulated frustration you've had to deal this week or specific to the notes, but I can tell you that ordering these notes is not nearly as complicated as putting together the sponsorship and PR application, which you already did, nor putting together the appeal, which I'm assuming you're going to pursue (you can always withdraw from it if you choose to). And in light of this turn of events, instead of checking off "GCMC" for your husband, I would check off "visa file." Normally, people don't do that because it would slow down your processing as they have to locate the full file and not just the computer data, but like I said, obviously that's not an issue for you anymore ( :-\). The good thing is that ATIP is relatively easier to deal with than the VOs and Call Centre of CIC (although they have been ignoring my emails for weeks now..... ::)). They normally respond to a request within 30 days but I would expect it to be longer if one requests information from the visa file, obvi. It's okay though, because you don't need that immediately anyway. I *think* I ran across the sponsorship appeal request form (PDF posted on a non-CIC site), here: http://www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/form428_e.pdf. If that's it, and hopefully someone can confirm that for me, lol, notice that it only asks you to attach the letter you received from CIC informing you of the refusal, so whatever reasons the IO expresses in that letter are apparently good enough for starting the process going. Take your time, no need to rush. Just tell your husband to hang tight. Nothing worth anything ever comes easily. Just think of how Mrs. Turan must have felt when she was refused and how much inspiration you can give to others if you appeal and win. No snow here in Montreal yet!

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
Habibti said:
I cannot believe what I am reading here! You say that it is important in Arab and Muslim culture to marry a younger virgin girl, but what about Mohammed??? His first love and His most precious love was for Khadija. And she was 20 years older!!!
Habibti,

Really sorry to know about your current situation but I pray that you will overcome this and it will be good days for either of you - sometimes, things happen to make us even stronger so we can fight back. Well written above , you are one strong lady !

AAL1984 ,

Not a surprise that you havent replied to the question above.
In another thread you proudly say that you are a canadian & cannot quite compare it to any other country or culture. But hey, grow up man ! You have that deep rooted arab culture in you perceiving stuff around in the way you were raised - although a immigrant you fail to see how different life is in a western country. Shame you talk about age difference and being a virgin to define true love . Lol ! All the more interesting that you are working on spousal sponsorship - I can quite comprehend what you looked at in your partner .

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought we were past this - why the personal insults?
canadahelp7 said:
Habibti,

Really sorry to know about your current situation but I pray that you will overcome this and it will be good days for either of you - sometimes, things happen to make us even stronger so we can fight back. Well written above , you are one strong lady !

AAL1984 ,

Not a surprise that you havent replied to the question above.
In another thread you proudly say that you are a canadian & cannot quite compare it to any other country or culture. But hey, grow up man ! You have that deep rooted arab culture in you perceiving stuff around in the way you were raised - although a immigrant you fail to see how different life is in a western country. Shame you talk about age difference and being a virgin to define true love . Lol ! All the more interesting that you are working on spousal sponsorship - I can quite comprehend what you looked at in your partner .

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
ddobro2 said:
Well, I don't know if the reason why you said the MPs message about not being able to order them for you made you cry was a result of the accumulated frustration you've had to deal this week or specific to the notes, but I can tell you that ordering these notes is not nearly as complicated as putting together the sponsorship and PR application, which you already did, nor putting together the appeal, which I'm assuming you're going to pursue (you can always withdraw from it if you choose to). And in light of this turn of events, instead of checking off "GCMC" for your husband, I would check off "visa file." Normally, people don't do that because it would slow down your processing as they have to locate the full file and not just the computer data, but like I said, obviously that's not an issue for you anymore ( :-\). The good thing is that ATIP is relatively easier to deal with than the VOs and Call Centre of CIC (although they have been ignoring my emails for weeks now..... ::)). They normally respond to a request within 30 days but I would expect it to be longer if one requests information from the visa file, obvi. It's okay though, because you don't need that immediately anyway. I *think* I ran across the sponsorship appeal request form (PDF posted on a non-CIC site), here: http://www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/form428_e.pdf. If that's it, and hopefully someone can confirm that for me, lol, notice that it only asks you to attach the letter you received from CIC informing you of the refusal, so whatever reasons the IO expresses in that letter are apparently good enough for starting the process going. Take your time, no need to rush. Just tell your husband to hang tight. Nothing worth anything ever comes easily. Just think of how Mrs. Turan must have felt when she was refused and how much inspiration you can give to others if you appeal and win. No snow here in Montreal yet!
Thank you ddbro! As I said in my previous message, I cried because I needed these notes this week or early next week NOT in 6 weeks... for a specific good reason.

Also the main point is that I feel alone as my husband is not there for me anymore. He is so wrapped up in his own suffering that he does not see mine! I gave him support all week, reached out to him but he barely replies to my emails. He does not cooperate much and he is unable to help me with this appeal because he said his mind is empty, he is "like a corpse", barely eating, talking to himself like an insane person, etc. I have done so much so we can be together and spent thousands of $$$ and I am now angry at him.

Lots of snow here. Heavy snow is still falling...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, needless to say, you're not going to be able to do this without him on board. If the issue is general blues over it, that's natural (and temporary, I believe) and you should give him a couple of weeks to get it out of his system and get back in the saddle. If the issue is more so hopelessness, perhaps that's due to a lack of understanding of the process, so you might want to explain everything you know to him (the procedural stuff as well as the success stories) so he at least feels empowered having that information.
Habibti said:
Thank you ddbro! As I said in my previous message, I cried because I needed these notes this week or early next week NOT in 6 weeks... for a specific good reason.

Also the main point is that I feel alone as my husband is not there for me anymore. He is so wrapped up in his own suffering that he does not see mine! I gave him support all week, reached out to him but he barely replies to my emails. He does not cooperate much and he is unable to help me with this appeal because he said his mind is empty, he is "like a corpse", barely eating, talking to himself like an insane person, etc. I have done so much so we can be together and spent thousands of $$$ and I am now angry at him.

Lots of snow here. Heavy snow is still falling...

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
ddobro2 said:
Well, needless to say, you're not going to be able to do this without him on board. If the issue is general blues over it, that's natural (and temporary, I believe) and you should give him a couple of weeks to get it out of his system and get back in the saddle. If the issue is more so hopelessness, perhaps that's due to a lack of understanding of the process, so you might want to explain everything you know to him (the procedural stuff as well as the success stories) so he at least feels empowered having that information.
This is what I want to do.... wait a week or two to see if he is going to pull himself up and behave as a real husband. If not, then I give up as there will be other tests in life and if he is not the strong person I think he is, then so be it!

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
ddobro2 said:
I thought we were past this - why the personal insults?
Hey - cos I only saw this, stopped to write as I have been talking on similar lines to this guy keen on passing unpleasant remarks. Look up his previous posts to see why I even thought of writing.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Hi Habibti, I remember my husband going through the same thing. It was terrible to go through. One day
after he found out he was refused he went to an internet cafe (instead of going home to his family) and
we talked on MSN. I remember he turned the webcam on there and I could see him. He was crying. People were walking by him and he didn't even care who seen him. It still breaks my heart to think about that-I'll always remember how hurt he was. I had to go to him. I had no choice
On a lighter note, dodobro is right. Imagine how I feel now. I appealed their refusal of my husbands PR. Then I won, and FYI, his passport just came in the mail!!!! Stamped with the Visa!!! :D He's coming soon.
You have my deepest compassion Habibti. Try not to be too hard on your husband. I know you're suffering, and you're always strong, but I bet your husband does not have the kind of support that you do. So many of us know about your story and daily send you prayers and positive affirmations. Until your husband is with you, he's gonna feel really alone. I know it's a big responsibility for you. It doesn't get easy--EVER :'(
I'm so sorry Habibti. Sending you love and strength. Big hugs!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Mrs. Turan said:
Hi Habibti, I remember my husband going through the same thing. It was terrible to go through. One day
after he found out he was refused he went to an internet cafe (instead of going home to his family) and
we talked on MSN. I remember he turned the webcam on there and I could see him. He was crying. People were walking by him and he didn't even care who seen him. It still breaks my heart to think about that-I'll always remember how hurt he was. I had to go to him. I had no choice
On a lighter note, dodobro is right. Imagine how I feel now. I appealed their refusal of my husbands PR. Then I won, and FYI, his passport just came in the mail!!!! Stamped with the Visa!!! :D He's coming soon.
You have my deepest compassion Habibti. Try not to be too hard on your husband. I know you're suffering, and you're always strong, but I bet your husband does not have the kind of support that you do. So many of us know about your story and daily send you prayers and positive affirmations. Until your husband is with you, he's gonna feel really alone. I know it's a big responsibility for you. It doesn't get easy--EVER :'(
I'm so sorry Habibti. Sending you love and strength. Big hugs!
Congratulations Mrs Turan! So happy for you. I have been following your story since the time I joined this forum and it gives me immense pleasure to know that you and your husband are going to be together after going through so much. :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Hey Habibti....

Sorry I have not responded in a bit. Like everyone else I am having some personal issues that I have to deal with and I am also extremely ill right now.

I completely understand your feelings.... and I think your husband just needs a little time as well. This is a big shock to both of you and now is one of the times in your relationship that you will find out how the other deals with major events as I am sure this will not be the last... although it might be one of the most significant.

You have my email and are more than welcome anytime to use it to vent or just talk.

I am praying for you still and will continue....just take one moment at a time.

inflex

Jun 30, 2011
I lurk around here once in a while but never posted before. Habibti, sorry to hear about your predicament.

I’ve been in your shoes. My wife was a victim of visa denial. I felt the same way you’re feeling; Sleepless nights, restlessness, depression, regrets, sick days from work etc. My wife felt the same way too. From my experience the sooner you start doing something about it the better you feel and it will rub off on your husband.

During my time, I was down and out for about a week before picking myself up to initiate action. It was quite therapeutic to commence an appeal process so quickly because my mind switched from a depressive mode to a fighting mode. I didn’t wait to receive the denial letter. I just proceeded to find a lawyer and filed for the appeal and later submitted the letter when it arrived.

If you’re going the appeal route, you are in the position of strength to lead the way because you’re in Canada and your husband will follow you, with hope he snaps out of his depression soon. I told my wife to just follow me and provide any information or documents I need as prompt as possible. She was upbeat about that because I was. I furnished her with frequent updates. Yes, I had to deal with the long waiting time. There was nothing I could do about it other than to visit her. In the end things worked out fine.

She will be landing in 5 days.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amazing story, inflex. Congrats.
inflex said:
I lurk around here once in a while but never posted before. Habibti, sorry to hear about your predicament.

I've been in your shoes. My wife was a victim of visa denial. I felt the same way you're feeling; Sleepless nights, restlessness, depression, regrets, sick days from work etc. My wife felt the same way too. From my experience the sooner you start doing something about it the better you feel and it will rub off on your husband.

During my time, I was down and out for about a week before picking myself up to initiate action. It was quite therapeutic to commence an appeal process so quickly because my mind switched from a depressive mode to a fighting mode. I didn't wait to receive the denial letter. I just proceeded to find a lawyer and filed for the appeal and later submitted the letter when it arrived.

If you're going the appeal route, you are in the position of strength to lead the way because you're in Canada and your husband will follow you, with hope he snaps out of his depression soon. I told my wife to just follow me and provide any information or documents I need as prompt as possible. She was upbeat about that because I was. I furnished her with frequent updates. Yes, I had to deal with the long waiting time. There was nothing I could do about it other than to visit her. In the end things worked out fine.

She will be landing in 5 days.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Congrats to you inflex. It's nice to hear it all worked out for you. What an awful thing to go through. So many of us, sad really. Yes it's worth it, but anyone that comes through this and doesn't need therapy afterwards is doing pretty good.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Habibti said:
This is what I want to do.... wait a week or two to see if he is going to pull himself up and behave as a real husband. If not, then I give up as there will be other tests in life and if he is not the strong person I think he is, then so be it!
Exactly. This is the time to find out if he's talking the talk or walking the walk. Follow your gut and your heart!

Locolynn