Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope he added, "but you are the most beautiful." :p Very sweet of him, though I firmly believe you can find beautiful women (and men) in every corner of the world.
Habibti said:
My Moroccan husband told me that the most beautiful women (according to him) are Russian :)

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
ddobro2 said:
I hope he added, "but you are the most beautiful." :p Very sweet of him, though I firmly believe you can find beautiful women (and men) in every corner of the world.
I should have mentioned that he also told me I look Russian to him lol And another day while he was swimming in the ocean, a Morrocan man approached me while I was reading on the beach. He thought I was Russian lol Yes, that is true. There are beautiful women and men in every country.

bubbleboy

Star Member
May 22, 2009
vjamal said:
1st...bubblyboy...i guess you are referring to my comment but if you read carefully i said that for goodgirl that got a husband in false pretences and wasnt good to her,which is on a deportation list thats why i said theres many fishes but you caught a shark..moroccan or russian or canadian ...its an expression ....My husband is moroccan you think i would ever call him a shark....read carefully before commenting please.....anyone that goes through this immigration process that will abusive a sponsor verbally or mentally or financially, yes is a shark sorry to say any nationality......
2nd i am also from ukraine but speak russian......
hello there
no. i like the way how you said that a shark hahaha .
but i mean some people they putt others down and thats not good at all cause i know both of my friends why they left their wifes cause they get so surprise the way they been treating them .. their wifes they been trying to control them in everyway .....no dont go out dont talk in the internet dont phone dont go there what are you doing whos talking to you on the phone no dont do this no you have to follow our way forget about your religion no you have to eat as we do ...and lots and lots ...oh wak up with me sleep with me wait for me dont walk by your self oh why you looking that girl ohh why your going that way ..............so why i will keep somebody and i m not trusting them where is love .is love who mades you not to trust your husbands or trying to control them befor you marry them you should of find out the way they live is toldly diffrent our people so diffrents the most of them they like to do so many things in a day and most of them they like to be out from the house not always in the house waitting for their wifes to move then they can go out i m not marring a woman just to spent 24 hours at 24 hours with her no i like to be with friends with family i like to feel that i m the same person befor the marriage and after the marriage.
i been explaining things to my wif about the way i like to be and i told her i like to have friends and go out with them talk to them spend time with them i dont wanna be only with my wife all the time i have time for the wife and for my eslf and for my friend and for my family so she si agreed befor i came here ..but some peopele here they are not agreed to what i want so thats how they loosing their husbands
and thats it
i

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bubbleboy said:
hello there
no. i like the way how you said that a shark hahaha .
but i mean some people they putt others down and thats not good at all cause i know both of my friends why they left their wifes cause they get so surprise the way they been treating them .. their wifes they been trying to control them in everyway .....no dont go out dont talk in the internet dont phone dont go there what are you doing whos talking to you on the phone no dont do this no you have to follow our way forget about your religion no you have to eat as we do ...and lots and lots ...oh wak up with me sleep with me wait for me dont walk by your self oh why you looking that girl ohh why your going that way ..............so why i will keep somebody and i m not trusting them where is love .is love who mades you not to trust your husbands or trying to control them befor you marry them you should of find out the way they live is toldly diffrent our people so diffrents the most of them they like to do so many things in a day and most of them they like to be out from the house not always in the house waitting for their wifes to move then they can go out i m not marring a woman just to spent 24 hours at 24 hours with her no i like to be with friends with family i like to feel that i m the same person befor the marriage and after the marriage.
i been explaining things to my wif about the way i like to be and i told her i like to have friends and go out with them talk to them spend time with them i dont wanna be only with my wife all the time i have time for the wife and for my eslf and for my friend and for my family so she si agreed befor i came here ..but some peopele here they are not agreed to what i want so thats how they loosing their husbands
and thats it
i
Honestly what you're saying can happen in any marriage, can happen to either men or women, regardless of culture, age or nationality. That's why there's a high divorce rate everywhere in the world because people change after marriage or you find out about them something negative once you start living together and knowing them closer than before. Unfortunately, nobody is immuned from such stuff happening to them. Marriage either works out or breaks down. That's why sponsorsed marriages are no different from normal marriages.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
bubbleboy said:
and thats it
although Bubbleboys choice of words leaves something to be desired - I think he's touched on one of THE biggest cultural differences Moroccan man /Canadian woman relationships will face. For a lot of us Canadian raised women, we expect that when you get married as husband and wife - you become a team. You become each others priority. You work together to ensure the smooth running of the family and house which requires extensive communication. We assume we will have some common friends and do most (not all) of our socializing together.

From what I've witnessed in Morocco (including my husband - god love him), is that is not really the way it is there. Husbands seem to be really left to live their own lives - go out with friends, socialize at the coffee shop, mosque etc...whereas the women take care of the home and the family and mostly socialize with other women. That's not to say husbands and fathers aren't involved , they are - just in a different way.

As always, relationships are hard. you both need to give a little and change a little for each other. Oh and bubbleboy - tread lightly with the controlling wife business - for a lot of women (including me) - that is one of the worst insults you can hurl at us...

Lynn

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
I agree with Ddobro that beautiful women can be found anywhere in the world no matter of their nationality, race or age.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
locolynn said:
although Bubbleboys choice of words leaves something to be desired - I think he's touched on one of THE biggest cultural differences Moroccan man /Canadian woman relationships will face. For a lot of us Canadian raised women, we expect that when you get married as husband and wife - you become a team. You become each others priority. You work together to ensure the smooth running of the family and house which requires extensive communication. We assume we will have some common friends and do most (not all) of our socializing together.

From what I've witnessed in Morocco (including my husband - god love him), is that is not really the way it is there. Husbands seem to be really left to live their own lives - go out with friends, socialize at the coffee shop, mosque etc...whereas the women take care of the home and the family and mostly socialize with other women. That's not to say husbands and fathers aren't involved , they are - just in a different way.

As always, relationships are hard. you both need to give a little and change a little for each other. Oh and bubbleboy - tread lightly with the controlling wife business - for a lot of women (including me) - that is one of the worst insults you can hurl at us...

Lynn
Yes, I as a woman would also like to be with my husband like a team. I wouldn't want him to be distant from house and family chores. Otherwise, what's the point of getting married if they like their "single" lives so much? Then they shouldn't get married if they are not ready for a family life.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats what i was trying to say bubbleboy....Obviously in that circumstance of course theres no respect nonetheless love if the person is trying to control the other...And I agree in Morocco (which i love )....where my husband is from which more towards the oriental part they are not modernized yet (up to date) my husband will bring me out for coffee by example but his friends will be there all like 6men with the wives home i was the only woman ...which its quite different here the couples go out with couple or singles we mingle together...Here i can go to he mall and everywhere but there my husband had to be with or at least the sisters ....never alone so its quite different then again im not talking about casa or rabat this is a small village in Morocco.....I agree marriage is all about being a team but with our independant spaces as well not joint to the hip .....The reason i said shark because unfortunately i had one before my husband so thats why i know about them.....

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
locolynn said:

Lynn
Bang on! +1 for that.

You've got it exactly right.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Quince777 said:
Yes, I as a woman would also like to be with my husband like a team. I wouldn't want him to be distant from house and family chores. Otherwise, what's the point of getting married if they like their "single" lives so much? Then they shouldn't get married if they are not ready for a family life.
But that is the point...what constitutes contributing to and fulfilling your family responsibilities is likely something very different for a Moroccan husband and a Canadian wife. No one is purposefully trying to be disrespectful or controlling...each person is just playing out their own ideas and expectations. Which, again, are Probably pretty different.

Lynn

bubbleboy

Star Member
May 22, 2009
locolynn said:

Lynn
hey i m not talking about my wife .
my wife she respects me and treating me well really
i m talking about what happen to my friends and my wife she is a wettness about what is going on.good luck to

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
bubbleboy said:
hey i m not talking about my wife .
my wife she respects me and treating me well really
i m talking about what happen to my friends and my wife she is a wettness about what is going on.good luck to
Haha! Sorry about that. Glad to hear things are good with your wife!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Precisely right. Bravo.

And I somewhat disagree when he said he feels he should be the same person as before the marriage. When you're married to someone, especially someone who brings a different culture with them, you have no choice but to adapt, and the same goes for the other person. It's not a huge change, but I would not say I am the same person now as before I got married.
Quince777 said:
Honestly what you're saying can happen in any marriage, can happen to either men or women, regardless of culture, age or nationality. That's why there's a high divorce rate everywhere in the world because people change after marriage or you find out about them something negative once you start living together and knowing them closer than before. Unfortunately, nobody is immuned from such stuff happening to them. Marriage either works out or breaks down. That's why sponsorsed marriages are no different from normal marriages.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
For sure I won't be the same person for my husband once he lands in Canada. I mean he has never seen me juggling with 3 jobs, the education of my son and taking care of my house and dog. I won't be this carefree relax woman he lived with when I went to visit him during my vacation time. Also it has always been my son and I (and the dog!) for the past 10 years! I don't know anymore how it is to share a life with another person other than my son!!! It might be stressful on me lol But I intend to give my best as my husband is wonderful!

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Hey does anyone (rjessome?) know if my husband could submit his passport via courier? Here's what I am thinking...

My husband is in morocco now waiting for some post interview communication from Rabat. We have no idea when this call/email/letter will come, and I really want him to come back home to Taiwan. So, I am thinking he does his medical now, comes back here and we courier everything as it is requested....

Is this possible or do they only issue passports in person??

Lynn