+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor my adult son

David58

Apr 17, 2018
Has your son already been approved and become a PR?

Why are you sponsoring your partner as conjugal? Are you unable to get married or live together to become common law? If so, then why? The conjugal route may not be the right choice for you given your son's sponsorship.
Thanks your eeply.
Yes my son landed here as PR. Now he is employed living by himself independantly.
I am divorced 7yrs ago. But my that marriage registered back home hence I caanot marry again unless take divorce from my country court. My divorced ex wife is canadian citizen she declined to goto home country to apply for divorce. So I cannot marry my current partner and plan to sponsor her as conjugal partner.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks your eeply.
Yes my son landed here as PR. Now he is employed living by himself independantly.
I am divorced 7yrs ago. But my that marriage registered back home hence I caanot marry again unless take divorce from my country court. My divorced ex wife is canadian citizen she declined to goto home country to apply for divorce. So I cannot marry my current partner and plan to sponsor her as conjugal partner.
I would strongly recommend that you get a consult with an immigration lawyer. I feel your situation is not straight forward and there could be issues if you submit a conjugal application.

Here's why I feel this is not a straight forward situation: I assume you have been in the conjugal relationship for a while now. So you were basically in a relationship where you may qualify to sponsor your partner, however instead you sponsored your son first to take advantage of the lonely Canadian rule. And now you want to sponsor your conjugal partner. It's possible IRCC may view this as misrepresentation and have issues with what you've done.

Consult with a good immigration lawyer before you submit any application.

David58

Apr 17, 2018
I would strongly recommend that you get a consult with an immigration lawyer. I feel your situation is not straight forward and there could be issues if you submit a conjugal application.

Here's why I feel this is not a straight forward situation: I assume you have been in the conjugal relationship for a while now. So you were basically in a relationship where you may qualify to sponsor your partner, however instead you sponsored your son first to take advantage of the lonely Canadian rule. And now you want to sponsor your conjugal partner. It's possible IRCC may view this as misrepresentation and have issues with what you've done.

Thank you so much your kind advice.
Yes I am in relationship with her last 5yrs and more. Originally my plan was to retire and get settled backhome. But now there situation not sounds well. So I proposed her to come here.
Now I dont know where to contact a good lawyer.
If

Thank you very much your kind asvice.
Yes our rwlationship goes back over 5 yrs more now. Originally I had a plan to retire and settle down back home. Now there situation is unhealthy. So I proposed her to come here.
I do not know any good lawyer to handle this case. If you know any one please recommend me, in GTA area most welcome. Appreciate you again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I am in relationship with her last 5yrs and more. Originally my plan was to retire and get settled backhome. But now there situation not sounds well. So I proposed her to come here.
If

Yes our rwlationship goes back over 5 yrs more now. Originally I had a plan to retire and settle down back home. Now there situation is unhealthy. So I proposed her to come here.
I do not know any good lawyer to handle this case. If you know any one please recommend me, in GTA area most welcome. Appreciate you again.
I don't have experience with any immigration lawyers and don't have one to recommend.

This forum is paid for by a Canadian immigration lawyer. You can try reaching out to them. Their contact info is in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
If

Would you mind telling us how long did your process last?? Since application was received to granted PR ? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If

How old was the son you sponsored? 22 and under? Did you declare that your mother is still alive? Did you apply through a pilot program for people who hadnKt declared family members?