Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon!
Hi there!

We have a question. Since the PR is gonna take some time -and we're cool with that- my husband and I want to remain together for as much time as we can. So he's cooming to stay with me soon; our question is, if he's not in Canada for lets say 6 months, will that affect the application ? Will the authorities know he's not in the country? Will they really check that?

If we're travelling that's ok I assume because we're not settling down anywhere.

We don't want to ruin the process, since we will be living in Canada once we get it, but for now we decided to be together here.

What is your opinion on that?

Thanks in advance!

CVK

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Sponsor leavings Canada to stay with me for a long time

Depends.

If he's a citizen, your husband is free to leave and stay with you.

If your husband is a PR, then he can visit you for 3 weeks or so but must then return to Canada. PRs must be living in Canada to sponsor and the application will be refused if CIC finds out that he is no longer here. And yes - CIC does find out and they do cancel applications. We've seen several cases here.

CVK

Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Abril 4, 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
April 25, 2013 Approved as Sponsor
AOR Received.
May 15, 2013 Bogota
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
April 25, 2013 Sent to Bog
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon!
Thanks for your reply Scylla

He's a citizen. So that means we're ok? We don't want to ruin it.

CVK

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you're fine. Go ahead as planned.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Yes that's fine,
Im a Canadian citizen and I went to live with my husband in Mexico for almost a year! without any problems, just a fantastic experience :)

CVK

Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Abril 4, 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 15, 2013 Bogota
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon!
Awesome!

Thank you guys!

CVK

CVK

Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Abril 4, 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 15, 2013 Bogota
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon!
One more thing. I will take advantage of this opportunity.

I've read you can pay for the police certificates before they ask for them so the company starts processing them and it will be ready for when the embasy needs it.

How does that work? When you pay, the company -risk management- starts working on your thing or they do it when the embassy tells them to do so?

I paid for it already but using the UCI my husband got on his sponsorship approval letter which is different from the one I got with AOR from the visa office.
Do I have to pay it again using my number?

Thanks again,

CVK

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
CVK said:
Thanks for your reply Scylla

He's a citizen. So that means we're ok? We don't want to ruin it.

CVK
I don't know about your last question, but I wanted to comment a few things based on my experience, since my husband (Canadian Citizen) stayed with me in Chile while the PR was processed:

-In your application, you have to have some proof that you indeed plan to move to Canada once the PR is processed. In our case, we had Storage Unit receipts, bank accounts still open and being used in Canada, he was still putting money to his RRSP, AND we had a letter from his boss stating that he was allowed to work long distance from Chile while my PR was being processed, but had to come back as soon as it was possible, or at a max. of 18 months since he left Canada.

-Since he's going to be out of Canada for more than 6 months, he'll have to go back to Canada as a returning resident. All he needs for this is a set of B4/B4A to declare whatever goods he's taking into the country.

Hope that helps!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
CVK said:
One more thing. I will take advantage of this opportunity.

I've read you can pay for the police certificates before they ask for them so the company starts processing them and it will be ready for when the embasy needs it.

How does that work? When you pay, the company -risk management- starts working on your thing or they do it when the embassy tells them to do so?

I paid for it already but using the UCI my husband got on his sponsorship approval letter which is different from the one I got with AOR from the visa office.
Do I have to pay it again using my number?

Thanks again,

CVK
there is a thread for applicants goign through Bogota, try and find it, you will have a better answer there, as it's a question very specific to Bogota.
Good luck,
Sweden

singaporeVO

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
August 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 31, 2012
Med's Request
July 04, 2013
Med's Done....
April 29, 2012
Sweden said:
there is a thread for applicants goign through Bogota, try and find it, you will have a better answer there, as it's a question very specific to Bogota.
Good luck, Sweden
Hi sweden: I thought it is a general question though. Why do you think it is a VISA office specific question ? Please shed some more lights on it. Thanks. I am also planning to live with my spouse for 3-4 months with the employers consent though. I am a citizen too.

2nd question do I need to inform my specific VISA office that I am going to live with my spouse for this many months ?? Please help.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
singaporeVO said:
Hi sweden: I thought it is a general question though. Why do you think it is a VISA office specific question ? Please shed some more lights on it. Thanks. I am also planning to live with my spouse for 3-4 months with the employers consent though. I am a citizen too.

2nd question do I need to inform my specific VISA office that I am going to live with my spouse for this many months ?? Please help.
Police Certificates are required normally in advance, BEFORE the application is submitted. Some countries will only issue them if specifically required by CIC ( or any authority that asks for it). It's the case for Hong Kong for example, and it seems to be the case for Colombia. That's why I advise to ask people that are going through the same VO.
About informing your VO: it might be a good idea, as what the VO is trying to determine is: if the applicant has a criminal background, is medically admissible, and if the relationship is genuine. If the sponsor lives Canada for several months to stay with the applicant, it proves that the relationship is genuine. If the sponsor can not go for any reason (being a PR, or being a citizen but not able to leave Canada), it's not an issue as CIC can understand that everybody has special circumstances... but if you are going to live with your spouse for 3 to 4 months, you might want to inform your VO, and send the proofs ( plane ticket etc), so it can be added to your file as an extra proof.

Good luck,
Sweden

dee86

Jun 5, 2013
Hi,
I am seeking for an advice if anyone can help me, I have a resident permanent in Canada which I obtained before getting married, I got married outside of Canada and want to move with my husband to Canada, my husband is trying to find a job in order to move with me to Canada but he is refused because he doesn't has a work permit. how could I move with my husband to Canada as soon as possible. Should I go alone to Canada and do a family sponsorship from Canada, or should he apply for an open work permit then get a job and move there???
Thank you