+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SP-MINOR (SINGLE MOTHER ON PGWP)

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
hello everyone,

Just recently received my PGWP for one year. I am a single mother. I would like to bring my child here. I do not know how to start. Is there anyone who could help me? my child is 15 y.o..and I hope to bring her here so that we'll be together. Have not been with her for more than 3 years now due to pandemic. I came from KSA and went directly here and never got a chance t visit her due to cancellation of flights. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello everyone,

Just recently received my PGWP for one year. I am a single mother. I would like to bring my child here. I do not know how to start. Is there anyone who could help me? my child is 15 y.o..and I hope to bring her here so that we'll be together. Have not been with her for more than 3 years now due to pandemic. I came from KSA and went directly here and never got a chance t visit her due to cancellation of flights. Thank you.
She needs to apply for a study permit since she is in high school. What is your NOC? Is it skilled? You will need to show employment, employment letter and 3 paystubs.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes it os NOC B. Do i have to get an LOA? I will apply for a study oermit and not TRV? Thank you
Since she is 15 and in high school, she needs a study permit as a minor. You can apply without LOA but you can contact the local school board ask. They may not as LOAs are for international students paying international fees. So include where you plan for her to go to school.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Since she is 15 and in high school, she needs a study permit as a minor. You can apply without LOA but you can contact the local school board ask. They may not as LOAs are for international students paying international fees. So include where you plan for her to go to school.
Yes it os NOC B. Do i have to get an LOA? I will apply for a study oermit and not TRV? Thank you
You can also state that she will attend the school in your catchment area and don’t need to be specific about what exact school she will attend. Unfortunately it will take quite a while for her application to be processed. You will need to show that you have the extra savings to support another person in Canada. Do you have a plan as to how you will obtain PR with only a one year PGWP. Having a one year PGWP usually makes obtaining PR more challenging.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Maybe she just want to study, get some experience in Canada and return to home country to continue her career.
Never know. Otherwise, 1 year PGWP isn't very useful.