+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Timeline-Help Needed

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Hello,

My friend's (Currently a student) husband has applied for SOWP. Below is his timeline. Can anyone please advise us on how long it usually takes to get SOWP as the the application is past the processing time. We tried reaching out IRCC via local MP but was told that application is under review. Call center doesn't help much either.

Application: September 21 2023

Biometrics: September 29 2023

Medical Clearance: 3rd October 2023

Application status currently under review.

Thanks in advance
S

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

My friend's (Currently a student) husband has applied for SOWP. Below is his timeline. Can anyone please advise us on how long it usually takes to get SOWP as the the application is past the processing time. We tried reaching out IRCC via local MP but was told that application is under review. Call center doesn't help much either.

Application: September 21 2023

Biometrics: September 29 2023

Medical Clearance: 3rd October 2023

Application status currently under review.

Thanks in advance
S
Where did husband apply from? When does study permit expire?

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Not much can be done as application is under review. Can raise a webform but unable to expedite. MP can only find out status of file. Should have applied with spouse at same time.
Any idea what the processing times have been lately? I was unable to find the posts for SOWP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Any idea what the processing times have been lately? I was unable to find the posts for SOWP
Google - IRCC processing times. IRCC clearly state that the normal processing time is when most are completed. Times change from week to week.