+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP + SP minor refusal

Kenneth2014

Dec 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

good day.. kindly please help me to understand, i am having a valid work permit visa to work in Canada. My LMIA, contract and visa etc i have everything. I tried to apply for my OWP and SP minor to come with me in Canada, but today I received the refusal, i don’t understand.

SP minor refusal:*
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

*OWP refusal:*

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
• The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and
financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any
accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the

Questions:
1. OWP: they asking regarding the job offer, which is undetermined for now.
2. SP minor asking the assets, while actually it’s minor and the tuition fee is free.
3. and all the other refusal reasons.

please can someone explain how can i address all this refusal.

thank you so much in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

good day.. kindly please help me to understand, i am having a valid work permit visa to work in Canada. My LMIA, contract and visa etc i have everything. I tried to apply for my OWP and SP minor to come with me in Canada, but today I received the refusal, i don’t understand.

SP minor refusal:*
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

*OWP refusal:*

paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
• The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and
financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any
accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

Questions:
1. OWP: they asking regarding the job offer, which is undetermined for now.
2. SP minor asking the assets, while actually it’s minor and the tuition fee is free.
3. and all the other refusal reasons.

please can someone explain how can i address all this refusal.

thank you so much in advance
What is your NOC? Under what program did you get approved LMIA and WP? What is your salary/wage?

Reactions: Kenneth2014

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
the NOC i have is 62020, my LMIA and work permit is approved. Salary wage is $17/hr.
Your salary is an issue. You are in a supervisor position and making just above minimum wage. Not even meeting Low Income Cut Off for 3 people. After tax, probably making around $14 an hour so about $2500 per month. That may not even cover rent depending where you live. No way you can support a family. What province/city? How much in funds did you show?

Last edited:
Reactions: Taran D