+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP same employer POINTS for EE

eskander

Feb 1, 2021
I'm on a spouse open work permit, and I have been working in Canada for 1.5 years for the same employer. Does this qualify me to claim job offer points in my Express Entry application, based on the following condition?

Your employer doesn’t need an LMIA to support your job offer if:
  1. you have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least 1 year (or an equal amount of part-time work)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm on a spouse open work permit, and I have been working in Canada for 1.5 years for the same employer. Does this qualify me to claim job offer points in my Express Entry application, based on the following condition?

1. you have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least 1 year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
No. You are on an open work permit with no employer named on the work permit. So you need an approved LMIA from your employer to claim the 50 points.

Reactions: eskander

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019

You forgot a big part of the condition:

An open work permit like the one you have does not specify the employer on the work permit, so you are not fullfilling all the conditions to be exempt from a LMIA to get the points for job offer

Reactions: eskander