+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Processing times

prasanthkolar

Apr 1, 2024
Any one got any update? I have raised for open work permit outside canada from India on 9th December. Only biometrics got completed on 15th December. No updates after that.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey where are you seeing 22 weeks mentioned as processing time? It shows 20 weeks on IRCC's site. Is it based on any processed applications that you know of?
Maybe it changed. It is updated weekly. 20 weeks is an estimate when most will be processed. Find on this forum that most are not processed within the stated times.

Sarynumbra

Feb 18, 2024
I’m in a similar situation; I completed my biometrics on November 10th and am also waiting for any updates. However, seeing progress in a friend’s application does bring some comfort.
Hi have you received any positive updates? Since your application has already crossed 20 weeks

drprajapati

Jun 26, 2023
Hi,
I have applied the spouse work permit for my wife on the 12th March 2024.
She had the biometrics updated on 16th March.
Currently, it shows that the "We are currently reviewing your application". There are further instruction related to medical exam.
Should I wait for any updates regarding medical exam? Or She can have her medical exam, even they didn't asked.

merwynd0810

Jul 17, 2022
Hi,
I have applied the spouse work permit for my wife on the 12th March 2024.
She had the biometrics updated on 16th March.
Currently, it shows that the "We are currently reviewing your application". There are further instruction related to medical exam.
Should I wait for any updates regarding medical exam? Or She can have her medical exam, even they didn't asked.
You can do your medical and attach it as an upfront medical. Could save you some time ultimately.

Last edited:

prasanthkolar

Apr 1, 2024
My current situation: spousal open work permit
Applied on: 15th December 2023
Biometrics updated: 3rd Jan 2024
Medicals passed update: 6th march 2024

There has been no new update on application since then. The journey has been truly draining. Hope to get some updates soon.
Did you get any response?

In my case, i have applied for sowp on 9th december 2023, biometric got updated on 15th Dec and medicals got updated today. I am not when it gets approved. Any idea?