+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Processing Timeline 2024

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, Yes I am the student of Jan 2024 Intake. Currently, I am in Canada. We applied for SOWP on 26th January. But didn't received the Biometric Instructions Letter yet.
All you can do is wait a few days. If you are a Master/Phd student, your spouse is eligible. If not, given recent announcement that spouses will not get SOWP, all you can do is wait to see if IRCC is processing these permits.

Mounika333

Sep 8, 2023
All you can do is wait a few days. If you are a Master/Phd student, your spouse is eligible. If not, given recent announcement that spouses will not get SOWP, all you can do is wait to see if IRCC is processing these permits.
Okay. Thank you.

ARAZ ALI

Jan 31, 2024
As Minister said this will implement on upcoming students, current study holder will not be affected, i suggest you to wait for a while and see clear policy & statement as they will update in coming weeks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As Minister said this will implement on upcoming students, current study holder will not be affected, i suggest you to wait for a while and see clear policy & statement as they will update in coming weeks
Correct this will not impact current study holders. Applying for a SOWP is not a current work permit holder. It is a new permit. Given the backlash from Canadians on international students & the cap on number of students, i doubt government will all of sudden say that the hundreds of thousands of students families can still apply. SOWPs are not guaranteed anyways. You would need to meet new study permit funding guidelines too to bring a spouse or children.

NVA004

Star Member
Nov 4, 2023
Last edited:

mettysally

Mar 6, 2024
Hi, applied for pgwp, sowp ,visitor's visa for my kid of 4years old.on the 15th of nov 2023,biometrics already done,ni medical request yet,and till now we haven't received any update,meanwhile my husband's pgwp was approved in march,he is currently in Canada.any idea what could be causing this delay.

merwynd0810

Jul 17, 2022
Hi, applied for pgwp, sowp ,visitor's visa for my kid of 4years old.on the 15th of nov 2023,biometrics already done,ni medical request yet,and till now we haven't received any update,meanwhile my husband's pgwp was approved in march,he is currently in Canada.any idea what could be causing this delay.
Where have you applied from?