+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP effectivity date

accidenteleng

Star Member
Jul 30, 2022
Hi We just received PPR, but I've question regarding effectivity date of SOWP, My wife's classes will start from 9th Jan 2023, I know her validity for Co-op will be starting from 9th Jan only but how about my open work permit will it be also from 9th Jan? becasue we were planning to book flight somewhere in mid December.

The reason I asked this question is because my employer have office in Canada as well and I asked transfer there for 2 years while my wife finishes her license training, Just want to make sure would I be able to work legally from the day I arrive there or it'll be from 9th Jan only. This will give me idea to inform my employer about number of leaves.

Thank you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi We just received PPR, but I've question regarding effectivity date of SOWP, My wife's classes will start from 9th Jan 2023, I know her validity for Co-op will be starting from 9th Jan only but how about my open work permit will it be also from 9th Jan? becasue we were planning to book flight somewhere in mid December.

The reason I asked this question is because my employer have office in Canada as well and I asked transfer there for 2 years while my wife finishes her license training, Just want to make sure would I be able to work legally from the day I arrive there or it'll be from 9th Jan only. This will give me idea to inform my employer about number of leaves.

Thank you in advance.
If her classes start on January 9 then your SOWP will begin on that date too.

Man000

Sep 7, 2022
I have applied my husband's sowp from u.a.e on march 28,2022, only review is started on August 2022,when I can get response?

accidenteleng

Star Member
Jul 30, 2022
I have applied my husband's sowp from u.a.e on march 28,2022, only review is started on August 2022,when I can get response?
Hard to say with current situation, but I would send webform just to follow-up incase they missed it some how, I requested gcms notes in July which I received just yesterday as per notes, Visa was approved in Feb 2022 and due date for visa office for stamping was March 22nd 2022, But I got PPR on 31st August 2022.

But with your timeline seems decision has been already made and it's just pending with local visa office for stamping.

Reactions: Man000