+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

guidebortoli

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Hi,
My wife got PPR for her OWP.
She applied from outside and she has been in Canada with me since June 18th. She also got the two doses of Pfizer.
Can she send the passport to any place inside Canada for stamping?
What are the procedures?
She has the Original Passport Request Letter, and also Correspondence Letter in her CIC account...

Thanks

Last edited:

MSCS21

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Hi, I have few basic questions.

1. Is sowp single entry or multiple entry ?
2. How long does one has to land in canda after getting trv?

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi…for SOWP , where should I submit experience letter , proof of funds etc as there is no placeholder specifically for that
Merge everything and upload in.client information which is used to update the officer anything related to ur application

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Please explain step by step process to proceed with permit applications:-
Scenario:-

1. Student in Canada and study visa validity is until March 2022
2. Study and Graduation completion will in May 2022
3. Spouse gets visa in August 2021 and valid until March 2022, and travel plan by October 2021

Questions related to Study extension,
PGWP Application and Open work permit extension

A) Spouse open work permit application required 2 times after it expires in March 2022?

B) Total 4 applications to be filed in the above case?
Can anyone explain the sequence of events how it should be? (Study extension from March 2022 untill August 2022, Open work permit extension from March 2022 until August 2022. Then again PGWP Application and again Open work permit application for spouse)

And the last two queries are:

C) A part-time job NOC (0) (zero) with two 15 days each paystub with the Graduation completion letter would be enough for PGWP application/ SOWP extension?

D) Bank balance proof requirement for Open work permit extension after March 2022 for the spouse ? (Yes/No)

Last edited:
Reactions: Miracle2018

shivaniverma_88

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Hello Everyone, I have applied for my husband's SOWP. The biometrics were done on 3rd March 2021, which got updated and reflects in "Applicant Information" section at the top of the application page along with biometrics number, date etc. However, the "Details about the applicant status" still shows "Biometrics: We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometric request message below for details.". Is this something to be worried about?

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hi guys, hoping someone could help me. I recently applied for SOWP for my wife, there was a question "Do you have a national identity document?". She does have a national identity document from Pakistan but it is in Urdu, so I put that as no as the passport was already filled in. Could there be a problem?

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi guys, hoping someone could help me. I recently applied for SOWP for my wife, there was a question "Do you have a national identity document?". She does have a national identity document from Pakistan but it is in Urdu, so I put that as no as the passport was already filled in. Could there be a problem?
I believe not a problem. But the same passport could have been updated as the National Identity document.

Reactions: bleachedaxe

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
Hi. I just want to ask about my application. My husband and I applied from Japan. He is a Japanese, I'm a non-Japanese. He applied for an employer specific work permit, while an open work permit for me. We applied on July 14. His application got approved on August 5. Mine is still processing. May I ask for an idea how long it will take for mine to have a decision? Here's what I see in the IRCC account.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: July 23, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: July 20, 2021 Completed.
  • Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Aug 11, 2021
Hi,

My spouse is working in NOC-A paid bi-monthly earning around 70k cad annually starting from June 2021 under PGWP. We are thinking of applying for SOWP. We were in relationship for 4 years and got married in march 2021. My spouse stayed for about a week after our marriage and had to return because of increasing COVID-19 travel restrictions. I am a software developer in India with 3+ years of experience. My salary is around 550 CAD monthly approx. I have income tax returns for last 3 years. I don't have salary slips but can get a salary certificate of last six months from my company. I have few questions -

1. Should I wait or apply for the SOWP ? If wait then Y?
2. I have around 6500 cad in my account and around 20000 cad in my spouse's account. Will more funds in my spouse and less in mine have impact on SOWP application?
3. I don't have any asset under my name. However my family owns land. What to show for home ties?
4. Is our marriage old enough (5 months)? I have proofs of our relationship prior to marriage, should I add those ?
5. Apart from being with my spouse, should I specify in my SOP I would also work in Canada as IT market has lot of requirement?
6. What is the approval rate?

Thanks in advance

halcurrent

Mar 18, 2019
Hello, good evening. Please I need advise. My wife has just been issued a Study Visa and is leaving for Canada anytime soon - from Nigeria.
Next step is that I am considering applying for myself and my first daughter, who is 7yrs, as it will be a bit challenging to be separated from her mother for a long time.
Question is .... What category of Visa should we be applying for? Visitor or Open Work permit.
Although the intention is for my daughter to enroll in primary school, while I will be visiting since I cannot really leave my job in Nigeria.
Appreciate any guidance, advise or help in this direction. Thanks

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
Hi,
Do we need PCC for SOWP ? Spouse is a citizen of India but living and working in Saudi Arabia from 5 years.