+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Hampig

Sep 15, 2022
Hello all, and thank you for taking the time to read my post, any insights are highly appreciated.
We submitted my SWOP in March 2023, just this month, an update was made in my application that medical is passed on Sept. 11. and the "Review of Eligibility" changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"
I did not give any biometrics, because I had done it in 2015. When should I hear something back from IRCC? my wife is already in Canada on a closed work permit TEER 3.
Appreciate any information.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Saurabhgopal7

Aug 21, 2023
My wife is on open work permit and has valid visa and passport expiry by Aug 2024. She has visited India, should she get her passport renewal from India? Does it impacts her visa/work permit in any way? Will there be any issue for her to re-enter Canada with new passport?
Would it be better if we opt for passport renewal from Canada once she returns?

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
Hi All,
I am currently in Canada,Montreal with an Open work permit and employed. obtained my work permit through PGWP. Currently the status on my visa is W-1.

I recently got married and an I'm planning to apply visa for my partner. She had tried to apply for a visitor visa few months ago and her visa got rejected - because she was single and unmarried and the officer did not see enough reason for her to return back to India.

I now posses a marriage certificate which proves our relationship. wanted to know what is the fasted way to obtain a visa - do apply through visitor visa again or do I apply for a SOWP visa? Since her visitor visa was rejected in the beginning will she face any risk of rejection again?

Do I need to show any proof of funds? Also, is it mandatory to change my martial status on my passport? Please advise.
Thanks in advance!

nitish123

Oct 2, 2023
Hi,

I applied for my wife's SOWP. The file was submitted on June 16, 2023. Biometric done June 24, 2023. Medical was done upfront but got approved on September 8, 2023. Till now waiting for the result.

We are Indian and we applied from UAE. Any idea what can be done to get the result

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I applied for my wife's SOWP. The file was submitted on June 16, 2023. Biometric done June 24, 2023. Medical was done upfront but got approved on September 8, 2023. Till now waiting for the result.

We are Indian and we applied from UAE. Any idea what can be done to get the result
Nothing can be done to expedite. The application is within current processing times.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Reactions: BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi All,
I am currently in Canada,Montreal with an Open work permit and employed. obtained my work permit through PGWP. Currently the status on my visa is W-1.

I recently got married and an I'm planning to apply visa for my partner. She had tried to apply for a visitor visa few months ago and her visa got rejected - because she was single and unmarried and the officer did not see enough reason for her to return back to India.

I now posses a marriage certificate which proves our relationship. As for IRCC, a marriage certificate alone is not enough. New relationships are often scrutinized and you need to establish your genuineness. wanted to know what is the fasted way to obtain a visa Ideally she should apply for SOWP and not a visitor visa if she wants to stay long term with you- do apply through visitor visa again or do I apply for a SOWP visa? Since her visitor visa was rejected in the beginning will she face any risk of rejection again? What were the grounds of refusal? unless those are clearly explained and evidences attached, yes there is a risk of refusal again.

Do I need to show any proof of funds? She has to show her own funds, justify purpose of visit and home ties. You can show funds if you are sponsoring her visit but if she has no funds of her own then that is a problem unless articulated sufficiently.
Also, is it mandatory to change my martial status on my passport? For now it is not necessary. All depends how well you can establish your relationship and marital status.

Good Luck

Please advise.
Thanks in advance!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
My wife is on open work permit and has valid visa and passport expiry by Aug 2024. She has visited India, should she get her passport renewal from India? Does it impacts her visa/work permit in any way? Will there be any issue for her to re-enter Canada with new passport?
Would it be better if we opt for passport renewal from Canada once she returns?
Does not make sense to renew so much in advance.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello all, and thank you for taking the time to read my post, any insights are highly appreciated.
We submitted my SWOP in March 2023, just this month, an update was made in my application that medical is passed on Sept. 11. and the "Review of Eligibility" changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"
I did not give any biometrics, because I had done it in 2015. When should I hear something back from IRCC? my wife is already in Canada on a closed work permit TEER 3.
Appreciate any information.
Thank you.
Google check processing times to see if your application is within the timeline based on country of application

If yes, wait it out
If no, then you can raise a webform

Good Luck

Reactions: Hampig

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
Hi,

Can anyone please help me with the below question ?
1. I need to apply for SOWP extension and kid's study permit extension as both are expiring soon. Spouse has PGWP till 2024.
In this case who should make an application for SOWP and study permit extension? Can the SOWP holder do it (for self and kid) or the PGWP holder (on behalf of spouse and kid) should do it ? or either of us can apply?
Thanks in advance!

mansipareek

Oct 4, 2023
Hi Gaurav ,

I applied for SOWP in sep 15 2023 , I want to apply for TRV by oct 15 2023 if I don't receive any update on my application by then, is it safe to do so?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,

Can anyone please help me with the below question ?
1. I need to apply for SOWP extension and kid's study permit extension as both are expiring soon. Spouse has PGWP till 2024.
In this case who should make an application for SOWP and study permit extension? Can the SOWP holder do it (for self and kid) or the PGWP holder (on behalf of spouse and kid) should do it ? or either of us can apply?Either can

Make sure to answer the questionnaire rightly

Thanks in advance!

Hampig

Sep 15, 2022
Google check processing times to see if your application is within the timeline based on country of application

If yes, wait it out
If no, then you can raise a webform

Good Luck
Thanks BA101 for your reply.
The processing time now is wayyyyy higher than when we submitted, we even saw processing times which were 15 weeks, and the application was already over 25 weeks, we have raised webforms, sent CSEs, sent demand letters, and requested ATIP but received no reply whatsoever.
currently, it's been 1 month since the passing of my medical upfront exam. I did not do my biometrics because they have that information since 2015, but the biometrics in the portal are not updated yet.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thanks BA101 for your reply.
The processing time now is wayyyyy higher than when we submitted, we even saw processing times which were 15 weeks, and the application was already over 25 weeks, we have raised webforms, sent CSEs, sent demand letters, and requested ATIP but received no reply whatsoever.
currently, it's been 1 month since the passing of my medical upfront exam. I did not do my biometrics because they have that information since 2015, but the biometrics in the portal are not updated yet.
There is nothing one can do except wait