+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP application

Mar 5, 2024
I live in USA and will be applying for a WP For canada, I talked to a bunch of lawyers and they told me to apply for my spouse SOWP application in tendem with my WP application. my spouse lives in EU and does not have ability to come to USA .
so what I want to know if and then my application get approved will my spouse application be approved also since its applied at the same time?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I live in USA and will be applying for a WP For canada, I talked to a bunch of lawyers and they told me to apply for my spouse SOWP application in tendem with my WP application. my spouse lives in EU and does not have ability to come to USA .
so what I want to know if and then my application get approved will my spouse application be approved also since its applied at the same time?
So your spouse is Canada or PR? Or what type of permit are you coming to Canada on?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I have a job offer with LIMA.
But what is the NOC which is your job title/responsibilities? It is important to know if spouse is eligible for SOWP based on the WP stream. For some WP programs, spouses are not eligible for work permits. Go on the IRCC and apply for work permit and SOWP at same time. All the best.

Mar 5, 2024
But what is the NOC which is your job title/responsibilities? It is important to know if spouse is eligible for SOWP based on the WP stream. For some WP programs, spouses are not eligible for work permits. Go on the IRCC and apply for work permit and SOWP at same time. All the best.
do you know if the application will get processed at the same time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
do you know if the application will get processed at the same time.
Not necessarily because not applying from same country. You need to check IRCC processing times for the country he is applying from. Again don’t know your NOC, so hopefully you are in a high wage/NOC/skill stream so spouse is eligible for SOWP.