+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP + 2 Kids VV

Anoosha

Aug 1, 2023
Hi,

I have applied for my SOWP and Visitor Visa for my 2 kids on May 28th. Biometrics got completed on 7th June and review started on 7th July. After that there are no updates. I can see people got their approvals in 30 days. Why is it getting delayed in my case?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have applied for my SOWP and Visitor Visa for my 2 kids on May 28th. Biometrics got completed on 7th June and review started on 7th July. After that there are no updates. I can see people got their approvals in 30 days. Why is it getting delayed in my case?
Processing depends on where you live, and processing times are different for SOWP and visitor visa. So there may be no delay because of where you live. Assume spouse is in Canada on a work or study permit and children are under 5. If over 5, should be applying for study permits.

Anoosha

Aug 1, 2023
I live in India and my husband is in Canada on Study Permit. You mean to say that as I have 3 applications it is taking time to get approval?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I live in India and my husband is in Canada on Study Permit. You mean to say that as I have 3 applications it is taking time to get approval?
Yes. SOWP probably takes longer to process than TRVs. Each application is processed separately. You can raise a webform, if you want. What does your status say for each application? Have you passed medical, background, eligibility?

How long has your spouse been in Canada? When does his program end?

Anoosha

Aug 1, 2023
Each Application is under Eligibility Review and Background Check. Medicals is passed for all three. He is there in Canada since 3 months and his program ends next year.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Each Application is under Eligibility Review and Background Check. Medicals is passed for all three. He is there in Canada since 3 months and his program ends next year.
So nothing unusual. All you can do is wait. Since your children are not school aged and will not be attending school then TRV is the correct application. Your spouse may want to look into daycare as waiting lists can be long. Good luck.

Sujith_SU

Nov 15, 2022
I have face this for my spouse as well in the last year and finally after 5 months of waiting i got a update from IRCC saying your application got rejected.

Reason : Initially IRCC asked for some more medical tests and this information we didn't know and even my third party didnt informed us. So please check in that area and ask where you completed your medicals is there any pending medicals are showing on you or not and complete.

Charlest11

Dec 9, 2023
Hi,

Hello good day , please have you gotten responds from IRCC concerning your application have you gotten the passport request yet please share your timeline thanks .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello good day , please have you gotten responds from IRCC concerning your application have you gotten the passport request yet please share your timeline thanks .
SOWP for spouses of international students aren’t guaranteed. SOWP often take around 6 months to be processed.

chamankaushal

Jan 14, 2024
Subject: Inquiry on Adding Child's Visitor Visa to SOWP Application

Hello

I have submitted an application for a Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) for my spouse. I would like to inquire about the process for adding my 2-year-old child's Visitor Visa to the same application. Could you please provide guidance on the necessary steps and documentation required for this?

Thank you for your assistance.
Best regards,
Kaushal