+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing / Montreal / Express entry

YounGo85

Mar 21, 2023
Hi,

I got my PR as an fsw applicant and I'm planning to do soft landing in montreal at first then take the public transportation to Ottawa after two days rest in montreal.
Will provide an adress in Ontario to the cbsa officer as my final destination.

Is it okay to accomplish my first landing procedure in montreal airport & stay there for few days ?

Thanks for responding

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I got my PR as an fsw applicant and I'm planning to do soft landing in montreal at first then take the public transportation to Ottawa after two days rest in montreal.

Is it okay to accomplish my first landing procedure in montreal airport & stay there for few days ?

Thanks for responding
Sure you can.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for responding
You should have proof of your ongoing travel to anywhere outside of Quebec and proof of where you intend to stay (eg. Airbnb or hotel booking) as proof that you aren’t intending to remain in Quebec. If you only plan on remaining in Quebec fir a few days you would have bookings for your travel to your settling location outside of Quebec.