+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

zshanimdad

Jun 6, 2011
Mandie can u plz tell me when will this catagory end???? i mean time duration as somebody told me in july this catagory will end. ???

zshanimdad said:
thanks Mandie for yr prompt reply:)

mistcn

Jun 3, 2011
Hi, there,

Nice to meet you guys!

I am in 4152, submitted the application on 31 May. VO Kuala lumpur

Good luck to all!

Deshi bhai

Jun 7, 2011
Hi
I am very new in this forum. I am planning to apply FSW 4152 very soon.
What i understand from EG7 guide that every section have individual pointing system eg.
age, education, work experience etc. I wants to know from senior that do i need a graduation to apply under 4152
because I have 2+2 years diploma on social work and project management. Last 7 years I am working as a social worker
and my present position is project coordinator. What I find that to continue as social worker in Canada I need degree on
social work, does it mean that I need degree to apply FSW 4152.

Thanks every one for nice forum.

Desi Bhai

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
zshanimdad said:
Mandie can u plz tell me when will this catagory end???? i mean time duration as somebody told me in july this catagory will end. ???
This category will end when the 1000 cap is reached. As of June 2, CIO has received 697 NOC 4152 applications. There will be changes to the FSW rule, but not sure when this will take effect...some say July. What is certain however is the fact that as soon as the 1000 cap is reached, they won't accept any more NOC 4152 applications.
Mandie

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mistcn said:
Hi, there,

Nice to meet you guys!

I am in 4152, submitted the application on 31 May. VO Kuala lumpur

Good luck to all!
Mistcn, Welcome to the NOC 4152 family....and good luck with your application!
Mandie

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Deshi bhai said:
Hi
I am very new in this forum. I am planning to apply FSW 4152 very soon.
What i understand from EG7 guide that every section have individual pointing system eg.
age, education, work experience etc. I wants to know from senior that do i need a graduation to apply under 4152
because I have 2+2 years diploma on social work and project management. Last 7 years I am working as a social worker
and my present position is project coordinator. What I find that to continue as social worker in Canada I need degree on
social work, does it mean that I need degree to apply FSW 4152.

Thanks every one for nice forum.

Desi Bhai
Welcome Desi,

The most important thing about the FSW program is to get the mandatory 67 points based on the criteria mentioned above. You mentioned you already have a diploma in social work, which is good as gold. What is important for the FSW application is that you first to the self adssessment and see if you are eligibale to apply in the first place.... plase go here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp
The other option is to get a job offer from a Canadian employer in order to apply for FSW2, in which case the cap will not affect you. Hope this helps.
Mandie

Deshi bhai

Jun 7, 2011
Thanks Mandie, actually I already calculated my point it is 72, because my aunt stay there as well my IELTS score arrange me 10 points.
I am worried, without Bachelor degree can I apply under this category. I calculated my education 4 year diploma is 22.

Regards
Deshi

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Deshi bhai said:
Thanks Mandie, actually I already calculated my point it is 72, because my aunt stay there as well my IELTS score arrange me 10 points.
I am worried, without Bachelor degree can I apply under this category. I calculated my education 4 year diploma is 22.

Regards
Deshi
You can apply with your diploma. The guide for FSW application is for all NOCs, and not only 4152. If u look at education section, it says:
A three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study - 22 points.
From the guide, someone with a diploma or even a secondary education can still apply so far as that person gets the 67 points. So in your case, you don't necessarily need Bachelors to apply. Mandie

merciguerrero

May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
AOR Received.
August 22, 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
September 15, 2011
Interview........
November 29, 2011
Hi everyone!

I have been following your discussions/posts this past weeks and have gained useful information and insights. This forum is awesome !

I am planning to lodge my application this week but still doubtful if I could pass through it as my husband is overstaying in the US. I cannot submit his FBI certificate as requesting for one takes a long time. However, I will be submitting with my application an explanation that we will present his FBI certificate once our application is placed into processing. I am afraid if I won't submit this month, I would no longer qualify once the new regulation will take effect.

Does anybody knows if illegal staying in the US makes someone inadmissible in Canada? I have gone through criminal inadmissibility in the Canadian Immigration and Protection Act, and as I understand, only those that are arrested and/or criminally convicted in and outside Canada are inadmissible. My husband has never been arrested in the US. Kindly shed light.

Many thanks,

Merci

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
merciguerrero said:
Hi everyone!

I have been following your discussions/posts this past weeks and have gained useful information and insights. This forum is awesome !

I am planning to lodge my application this week but still doubtful if I could pass through it as my husband is overstaying in the US. I cannot submit his FBI certificate as requesting for one takes a long time. However, I will be submitting with my application an explanation that we will present his FBI certificate once our application is placed into processing. I am afraid if I won't submit this month, I would no longer qualify once the new regulation will take effect.

Does anybody knows of illegal staying in the US makes someone inadmissible in Canada. I have gone through criminal inadmissibility in the Canadian Immigration and Protection Act, and as I understand, only those that are arrested and/or criminally convicted in and outside Canada are inadmissible. My husband has never been arrested in the US. Kindly shed light.

Many thanks,

Merci
Hi Merci,
I suggest you pose this question in another thread so that seniors like who are not in this NOC can respond to it.
Mandie

merciguerrero

May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
AOR Received.
August 22, 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
September 15, 2011
Interview........
November 29, 2011
Thanks Mandie. Already done. Nevertheless, I am planning to submit my application this week or early next week and take the risks. How did you package your application? Did you fasten your documents or just use a paper clip? Hope I 'll get some luck.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
merciguerrero said:
Thanks Mandie. Already done. Nevertheless, I am planning to submit my application this week or early next week and take the risks. How did you package your application? Did you fasten your documents or just use a paper clip? Hope I 'll get some luck.
I used paper clips

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Hi Guys Manny from Australia...received my PER last week on Friday after 5months wait...

Manny

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mperei02 said:
Hi Guys Manny from Australia...received my PER last week on Friday after 5months wait...

Manny
Congrats Manny...can u give some details for the spreadheets
NOC code:
VO:
Application received date:
PER date:
Thanks, Mandie

Tasneem

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Sent my appication package on June 06, 2011.
Expected to be delivered by June 10, 2011.

Tasneem