+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
sham.rash said:
Dear Nashe & Mandie,

My application reached CIO today morning, received by KRSZWDA - CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION.

Nashe, yours also received by the same person, and congrats Mandie on your CC charging.

Wish you guys luck and hope we all get a positive response.

Now counting days for CC charging.

Shami
Welcome on board Sham....good luck!

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
sham.rash said:
Dear Nashe & Mandie,

My application reached CIO today morning, received by KRSZWDA - CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION.

Nashe, yours also received by the same person, and congrats Mandie on your CC charging.

Shami
Great....
Yes, mine was received by the same person,
Lets wait & pray,
Nashe

Viktoria

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13.07.2011 add. document
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
17.10.2011 In process........: 23.11.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sham.rash said:
Dear Nashe & Mandie,

Shami
Congratulations for all of you!

Good luck!

Viktoria

mayjay

May 29, 2011
Hi im new here,i recently applied under this NOC but did not include the checklist for the cio as i did not realise it had to be the two checklists.I only included the checklist for my vo and all documents on bothe the cio checklist and the vo checklist.I really hope that wont affect my application.Please guys from experience what do you think?im waiting for responses thanks.I must say a very good forum,wish i had known about this before i submitted.Thanks

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mayjay said:
Hi im new here,i recently applied under this NOC but did not include the checklist for the cio as i did not realise it had to be the two checklists.I only included the checklist for my vo and all documents on bothe the cio checklist and the vo checklist.I really hope that wont affect my application.Please guys from experience what do you think?im waiting for responses thanks.I must say a very good forum,wish i had known about this before i submitted.Thanks
Welcome Mayjay, when did you apply? I think so far as you as you provided all the documents required on the checklist, you should be fine...the only way to be sure is to wait and see. better still, you can check whether your credit card/bank draft has been processed, that shd give u clue that ur application passed the completeness check.
Mandie

sham.rash

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-May-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jul-2011
File Transfer...
RBVO -19-Aug-2011, In Process - 23-Nov-2011
Med's Request
24-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
07-Dec-2011, E-cas update 24-Dec-2011
Passport Req..
24-Nov-2011, RPRF/PP sent on 10-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jan-2012, DM on E-cas -14-Jan-2012
Thanks Nashe, Viktoria & Mandie..........

Let us keep our fingers crossed..........

Good luck to us all..

Shami

mayjay

May 29, 2011
Thank you Mandie,thts more of a relief for me.They received it on the 24th of May so fingers crossed.Il keep an eye on my bank.My guess is like from first week in June we late may applicants should hear from then.Fingers crossed.Thanks peps this forum is awesome.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Hi guys,
Just thought this info might be of interest to you all:
http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?lang=eng&noc=4152&action=search_province&keyword=social+worker
Mandie

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
mandiebraxton said:
Hi guys,
Just thought this info might be of interest to you all:
http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?lang=eng&noc=4152&action=search_province&keyword=social+worker
Mandie
Dear Mandie, u have shared a good piece of information, and what i concluded after going through some of the job postings, we will need to ......
1. get registered with provincial association of SWs,
2. have a vehicle with a driving licence,
3. be capable of communicating in English (Oral as well as written) proficiency in French language is a Plus.
4. have a University degree,

To find a reasonable job in Canada's job market as a Social Worker.

Nice post Mandie! :D

Cheers,
Nashe

dila2401

May 18, 2011
hi nashe ..

i am a social worker ... i have apply for my PR since May 2010 and my immigration is for Quebec ...
im trying to grasp the idea about NOC ..i have paid an agent for my application ...

should i have apply through the NOC ???..sorry im newbie here

Adi

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
dila2401 said:
hi nashe ..

i am a social worker ... i have apply for my PR since May 2010 and my immigration is for Quebec ...
im trying to grasp the idea about NOC ..i have paid an agent for my application ...

Adi
Dear Adi, Welcome to the forum, :),

You have applied for Quebec immigration in May, 2010.
What idea do u want to have about the NOC, and what is the current status of ur application?
There is absolutely no prob if u are a new comer, as all of us are newbie at many stages of our lives.
Please give a bit more detail to get a reply.
Cheers,
Nashe

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
dila2401 said:
hi nashe ..

Adi
Hi Adi, Quebec has its own immigration requirement for selection of PR applicants. What this means is that unlike PR thru FSW where you can land anywhere/province (except Quebec), but with Quebec application, it is specifically for living in Quebec.... Since as of June 2, 697 applications have been received for social workers towards the 1000, you can apply for the FSW before the new rule sets in somewhere July. For this application TEF or IELTS is a must. I hope this ansewrs you query.
Mandie

dila2401

May 18, 2011
hello mandie and nash ...

thnx a lot for ur reply ... actually i have made my application for Quebec since July 2010 and i hv recieved my file number and is still waiting for the Certificate of Selection for Quebec CSQ .. i hv just join the forum recently and learning slowly through the load of information on the forum .... i wish to know can i apply the job on the site u gave mandie ?? as nash said we hv to register with the council as social worker ....but wht is the NOC actually ?? bite confused ...

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
dila2401 said:

thnx a lot for ur reply ... actually i have made my application for Quebec since July 2010 and i hv recieved my file number and is still waiting for the Certificate of Selection for Quebec CSQ .. i hv just join the forum recently and learning slowly through the load of information on the forum .... i wish to know can i apply the job on the site u gave mandie ?? as nash said we hv to register with the council as social worker ....but wht is the NOC actually ?? bite confused ...
No need to be confused. U can file another application, if u wish to apply as a Federal skilled worker, under NOC 4152,(that is assigned to social workers).
Since 4152 is a regulated occupation in most of the provinces in Canada, one have to get one's credentials evaluated, b4 practicing it.
Cheers,
Nashe

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
dila2401 said:

I can understand...i felt the same way when I first started my own little research on Canadian immigrations...it takes time to get well informed abt the process...we are learning everyday!
Back to ur query...Social Work NOC is 4152. Yes, you can apply for a job from that site and lots of other sites. I suggest you explore this site: http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?noc=4152&action=search_province and http://www.casw-acts.ca/ if ur social work credentials have not yet been evaluated against the Canadian one.
It is not clear if you are already in Canada or not. I guess u already know that to practic e, u need a provincial social work license (except for some provinces). It is quite difficult to get a job when applying from outside Canada, but I have come across some wonderful sites which couldbe helpful....
http://www.jobrapido-ca.com/?w=social20worker&l=canada&r=&utm_source=jobalert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CA_JOB_ABROAD_SEARCH
http://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social+Worker&l=Canada&from=ja&hl=en&fr=t&of=0
http://www.wowjobs.ca/BrowseResults.aspx?q=Social+Worker
http://www.workopolis.com/EN/job-search/jobs-social-work?fid=544097303&ak=&ek=&lk=&nk=&l=&c=&j=&e=&lg=en
http://www.careerbeacon.com/Social-Sciences
if you intrested in children social work in Toronto:
http://www.oacas.org/careers/
http://www.simplyhired.ca/a/jobs/list/q-social+worker

I hope this info helps..good luck!