+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

zeem

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO now ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2011
AOR Received.
28/06/2011
IELTS Request
Already Submitted with documents
Med's Request
15/7/2013 (babys med 07-07-14), Spouse rescheduled for Medical :9-9-14
Med's Done....
30-7-2013, 7-7-14, 9-9-14
Interview........
12/2/2013 ..
Passport Req..
PPR 1 : 02-04-2014, PR2 29-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2014
LANDED..........
InshaAllah March 2015
Thanks Mandie for the detailed reply!!

1. I do mean Job verification, I just wanted to have an idea that any one of us has been through verification yet or not !!

Good Luck to all of us! :)
BR,
Zeem

Miki27

Sep 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 December 2011[br]PER...............: 15 February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with app (Band 8.0)
File Transfer...
19 June 2012 [br]([i]"We started processing your application"[i])
Med's Request
02 August 2012
Med's Done....
08 August 2012[br]Med's Recvd...: 14 August 2012[br]Med's on ECAS: 25 August 2012[br][i]("Medical results have been received")[/i]
Passport Req..
18 October 2012[br]Decision Made: 31 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 October 2012
zeenat imran said:
can anybody tell cic london visa office operating hours. (8.00-10.30? gvn in website)
You were right! The opening hours are as follows:

Immigration and Visa Section: Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 10.30am

Michaela

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
gurcanada said:
Hi!
Is there anyone in the forum whose Social work organisation is not a registered one?
Hi,I passed ur que to Qorax, a very respected member of the forum and here is the response:
"Hey Qorax! It's me again....want your opinion on something: if the NGO one works for is not yet registered, will that pose a problem for purposes of FSW1 job verification? As usual, look forward to helpful response.. Amanda

Till the time u have a genuine experience in your field, it doesn't matter if that org was small or big... Registered or wasn't. Qorax.

Jatta

Sep 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear members,
Very good morning to you all. Just wanna ask that is there any template for job description and reference letter ? As my employer has asked me to draft all documents which I require. Can someone tell me ? Secondly I do not have salary slips record shall I make one letter which confirms salary details?
Just to share with you guys I have just received IELTS result and have scored 16 points :) means ready to apply :p

Best regards
Jatta

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Jatta said:
Dear members,
Very good morning to you all. Just wanna ask that is there any template for job description and reference letter ? As my employer has asked me to draft all documents which I require. Can someone tell me ? Secondly I do not have salary slips record shall I make one letter which confirms salary details?
Just to share with you guys I have just received IELTS result and have scored 16 points :) means ready to apply :p

Best regards
Jatta
Congrats on your good IELTS score. There is no template for ref letter, just follow what is in the guide. Te duties you list should reflect those listed under NOC 4152 on the HRSDC site below. Your can also state the salary and hours of work. Also ensure it is on a letter and attach the business card of the one signing for future verification (if at all). Hope this helps. And good luck! Mandie

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Dear Mandie

I have a query, please tell me how is PER recieved. Is it sent through email or by snail mail. plus i want to know which are the things that VO requires only on email or through snail mail, or they ask you every thing on both the mediums every time ?

Regards
Amir

rabia_rak

Star Member
Jul 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
4152 (SW)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Sep-11 (Reached 03-Oct-2012)
AOR Received.
29-Dec-11
File Transfer...
12-Jun-2012
Med's Request
08-Jul-2012 (letter dated 12-Jun-2012)
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2012 (Reached 20-Jul-2012)
Passport Req..
29-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Salam Amir,

As per my knowledge, PER would be received in email as well as in regular post.
Seniors, may correct, if I am wrong.

BTW, we both applied on the same day...

Rabia

amir82 said:
Dear Mandie

I have a query, please tell me how is PER recieved. Is it sent through email or by snail mail. plus i want to know which are the things that VO requires only on email or through snail mail, or they ask you every thing on both the mediums every time ?

Regards
Amir

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Dear Rabia

Thanks for reply, its good to know that we applied on the same date, please keep in touch so that we can share timelines with each other.

Regards
Amir

blackmagic

Sep 19, 2011
thanks in advance for your advice!

i started to work as a social worker(child services) right after completing my 12th & continued working full time for the next 2 yrs, after that i enrolled for science degree(3yrs) & started working part time do u think i m eligible....

also, for the school i was working, the principal expired & now there is a new principal.....who is going to be my reference.....

pls anybody drop in with advices & suggestions for me!

blackmagic

Sep 19, 2011
can anybody outhere help me!

i m writing coz its very important for my eligibility & 67 point score!!!!!

pls smbdy rply........

efer

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Dear Mandie , Nashe and all others who have applied as Social worker in or after April 2011.

I have received my PER in May 2011, since June 2011 it is received by Visa office.

Any one of you have any updates who have applied on or after April 2011.

Any thing we can do to enquire the case?

Any suggestions?

Efer

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
blackmagic said:
thanks in advance for your advice!

i started to work as a social worker(child services) right after completing my 12th & continued working full time for the next 2 yrs, after that i enrolled for science degree(3yrs) & started working part time do u think i m eligible....

also, for the school i was working, the principal expired & now there is a new principal.....who is going to be my reference.....

pls anybody drop in with advices & suggestions for me!
Sorry no one has responded to your query.
You are eligible to apply if you have worked more than one year (full time or part time equivalent). So add the the 2 years and the part time (the exact dates might be helpful to guage the yrs of experience).
Regarding the reference, use the new principal, I am sure there is a record of when you started work and what your roles are etc. CIC is interested in the duties your have performed, and not which manager has left the organisation. Please also make sure the reference match the duties listed under NOC 4152 below....hope it helps! Mandie

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
efer said:
Dear Mandie , Nashe and all others who have applied as Social worker in or after April 2011.

I have received my PER in May 2011, since June 2011 it is received by Visa office.

Any one of you have any updates who have applied on or after April 2011.

Any thing we can do to enquire the case?

Any suggestions?

Efer
Hi, it is a normal occurence to not have heard anything from VO after RBVO. Some have been at this stage for 6+ months. I am looking at the tracker and I can see you received 2AOR on 8 June, is that right? Also what is your VO? You could drop a case specific enquiry to your VO. You will probably get a standard reply that your file is in a queue for review. It is worth a try anyway. Just follow this link and select your VO:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp
Mandie