+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Visa Inquiry

GRETZKY99

Sep 27, 2013
Hello all, although i have posted elsewhere within this forum i thought perhaps this maybe another avenue?

We are not sure if I am eligibly to apply for a Skilled Visa under my occupation from Australia to Canada.

According to the NOC List I fall under the details as follows:

Group: 22
Code: 2282

I have completed completed my Secondary Schooling, as i have also completed some external IT certifications to go along with my 4 years IT experience.

My wife falls under:

Group: 14
Code: 1435

My wife has completed up to year 11 but wouldn't take much to complete year 12 to computer her whole secondary schooling, she has certification in Finance Business Administration along with 8 years of experience in the Finance Industry.

Any help would be most appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To qualify to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker program, you would need a job offer in Canada.

GRETZKY99

Sep 27, 2013
scylla said:
To qualify to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker program, you would need a job offer in Canada.
Hi scylla within another thread i started i was told i don't need a job offer to apply for FSW.

Just a letter only ??? not sure what this means.

I'm 31, married, no dependents, wanting to immigrate to Canada from Australia who knew i would be limited with my options, if non at all...from the surface its looks like i could only go on a holiday to Canada that's all :-(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There are only certain occupations that allow you to apply for FSW without a job in Canada. Unfortunately neither your occupation nor your wife's occupation is on that list. You can find that list here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=jobs#jobs

Since your occupations are not on the list, this means that you need to have a valid offer of arranged employment in order to qualify to apply for PR through the Federal Skilled Worker program. You can find out more about the arranged employment requirement here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=arranged#arranged

You can also take a look at the provincial immigration programs to see if you qualify to apply under one of these. Each is different so you are going to have to spend quite a bit of time reading up on each. If you do not have time / are not comfortable doing this research yourself, then I would recommend that you hire an immigration lawyer or consultant to assist you.

GRETZKY99

Sep 27, 2013
So besides if i AMAZINGLY found a job offer the only other option how i could go to Canada is on a holiday...im still half banking on being able to accompany my wife on her IEC WHV even though i dont meet the age requirement.

Ill check with POE Canada see what they say :)

Ill let you know what the outcome is bud.