+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sinp nominiee renew work permit. Urgent!!!

keane

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Hello all,

I am nominated under SINP student sub and submitted my application to federal last year. I'm going to renew my work permit but have a lot of confusion about current policy.
1. Am I eligible to apply BOWP with AOR? I saw the Cic website and it seems like that they don't give BOWP if PNP letter states the restriction of employment is YES. Will this be true even if I have AOR?
2. If i have to apply closed work permit, do I need to ask employer paying $230 compliance fee even I have AOR?

Have you ever renewed WOrk permit in this stage of immigration?

Thanks!!!

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keane said:
Hello all,

I am nominated under SINP student sub and submitted my application to federal last year. I'm going to renew my work permit but have a lot of confusion about current policy.
1. Am I eligible to apply BOWP with AOR? I saw the Cic website and it seems like that they don't give BOWP if PNP letter states the restriction of employment is YES. Will this be true even if I have AOR?
2. If i have to apply closed work permit, do I need to ask employer paying $230 compliance fee even I have AOR?

Have you ever renewed WOrk permit in this stage of immigration?

Thanks!!!

no you will not get bowp. sinp always gives employer restricted letter for inland applicant.
yes your employer has to pay 230 plus one form. i forgot which one but i m sure.
dont try open as i m sure sinp guys never get open.

Cantilangnonako

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 22, 2015
Doc's Request.
April 23, 2015
Nomination.....
Aug. 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan. 07, 2015
IELTS Request
Included in Application
Med's Request
June 30, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
April 2012
My WP application was refused today. I submitted the application after I lost my status (after implied). Submitting WP Application without status Will surely be denied. Nominated tru SINP with restrictions.

My timeline:

WP expired June.
Under implied status June to July.
I lost status July 2015.
Got nominated tru SINP August 14.
Submitted WP application and restoration August 25
Submitted PR App Sept 22. Inland
Received AOR January
WP refused Feb 2016

keane

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Thank you for replying. Some people says Yes and some say No. Is there any one had same issue and renewed work permit?

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
i was in the same boat, i applied for my work permit extension with just the application of SINP, it got refused after a month and i was in restoration phase, i applied for restoration within the day (my sinp came after i applied for work permit extension). yes , you have to ask your employer to pay the $230 compliance fee.

after all documents were done, i applied for my restoration of status and it took exactly 16 weeks for the restoration to come in. my work permit got extended.

reply for any questions.

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
moneywater said:
i was in the same boat, i applied for my work permit extension with just the application of SINP, it got refused after a month and i was in restoration phase, i applied for restoration within the day (my sinp came after i applied for work permit extension). yes , you have to ask your employer to pay the $230 compliance fee.

after all documents were done, i applied for my restoration of status and it took exactly 16 weeks for the restoration to come in. my work permit got extended.

reply for any questions.
Congrats on your work permit extension. Please what documents did your employer provide to you?

My employer forwarded the receipt confirmation page and another confirmation page that he submitted a form. Is that enough to extend my work permit?

Nh Nguyen

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar - 8 - 2016
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
Oct - 27 -2016
Med's Done....
Nov - 4 - 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Feb - 6 -2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar- 8- 2017
LANDED..........
inland
Has anyone recently applied for BOWP?

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
yengyeng said:
Congrats on your work permit extension. Please what documents did your employer provide to you?

My employer forwarded the receipt confirmation page and another confirmation page that he submitted a form. Is that enough to extend my work permit?
just follow the checklist, all the documents you say were also provided by my employer

bravia

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2013
AOR Received.
?
Med's Request
August 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
yengyeng said:

Hello.

Just follow the document checklist and you cant go wrong.

And yes, if the other document that you mentioned is the ones from the Employers Portal wherein your employer applied you, plus the payment receipt if I remember it correctly, $230. Just that and the rest is yours.

Thanks