+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP NOC 2172 education requirement, urgent

dakota1r

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I wanted to choose 2172, on the website, in the requirement section for 2172 (from the website says):

2172 – Database analysts and data administrators

Employment requirements
  • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science or in mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Computer programming experience is usually required.
My duties are the same as 2172, with a different degree title. If the degree title is different than what they will not accept that?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a master's in industrial systems engineering and my job title is data analyst. I wanted to choose 2172, but on the website, in the requirement section for 2172 (from the website says):

2172 – Database analysts and data administrators

Employment requirements
  • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science or in mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Computer programming experience is usually required.

My question is that my degrees are in electrical engineering and industrial systems engineering. I do not have a degree in mathematics or computer science, my degree is called industrial systems engineering but during my master, I passed computer science courses like Artificial intelligence and deep learning. If my duties in my job fall under this category, would SINP still reject my application based on my degree?
Yes they can still reject your application. As per their requirements,

You will find you once your review takes place. You are trying to get around their licensing requirements by selecting a NOC that doesn’t require a license. Artificial intelligence is NOC 2173 anyways. You most likely are that NOC and they know what you are trying to do.