+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP January 2017

M&C041817

May 23, 2017
Now Nova Scotia PNP is the best option for you.

Nova Scotia

There was a flurry of activity in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) in early May, with the highly popular Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream welcoming applications for the first time since 2015.

This stream contains two categories, one of which does not require a candidate to have a job offer. For this category (Category B), candidates must have at least one year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) skilled work experience in the last six years in one of the 16 ‘opportunity’ occupations considered by Nova Scotia.
Soon after opening, intake under Category B of the stream was paused. A staff member at the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration, speaking to CICNews, said that this was because the online application system was experiencing technical difficulties, and that it is expected that applications will once again be accepted under this category in due course.

I think it is closed now.

Jigs9090

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/02/2017
Nomination.....
Waiting
I think it is closed now.
Yes Nova Scotia is closed just now but will open soon. Be ready with your file. Looking at the rush, it seems that it may close within 1 day.

M&C041817

May 23, 2017
Thank you for that information, would you know any other province aside from NS that doesn't require a job offer for PNP?

I am aware of OINP, but you need to have 400+ pts to receive an ITA.

Jigs9090

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/02/2017
Nomination.....
Waiting
Thank you for that information, would you know any other province aside from NS that doesn't require a job offer for PNP?

I am aware of OINP, but you need to have 400+ pts to receive an ITA.
Manitoba and Quebec with their own set of rules. British Columbia too I think.

M&C041817

May 23, 2017
Manitoba and Quebec with their own set of rules. British Columbia too I think.

BC requires a job offer, I actually am interested in BC because I have a lot of relatives there.

Quebec job opportunities requires us to be bilingual (English and French, we don't speak French).

I'll check Manitoba again.

Thanks for your inputs.

UPDATE :

The MPNP for Skilled Workers Overseas nominates applicants who demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through:

• the support of family members or friends;
  • through previous education or work experience in the province; or
  • through an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/other-options/

The Federal Skilled Worker Program
This is an economic immigration program for people with skilled work experience. To be eligible, candidates must:

I think the latter circles back to the EE - FSWP .

Last edited:

Jigs9090

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/02/2017
Nomination.....
Waiting
Bilingual is not necessary in Quebec. Check again. They have a 1st come 1st serve basis.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Quebec has the slowest Immigration System in the world. Takes 4-5 years to complete.

Just after SINP,
NS is the best. Everything else is tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: M&C041817

M&C041817

May 23, 2017
Sorry I meant, Quebec job opportunities requires us to be bilingual (English and French, we don't speak French).

Jigs9090

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/02/2017
Nomination.....
Waiting
Yes Quebec is the slowest among all the PNPs. If you don't have any other option than go for it. They accept IELTS 5 bands too :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: M&C041817

M&C041817

May 23, 2017
Quebec has the slowest Immigration System in the world. Takes 4-5 years to complete.

Just after SINP,
NS is the best. Everything else is tough.
I'll look into it again, at first glance our Occupations are not part of their In Demand list.

Thanks.

The MPNP for Skilled Workers Overseas nominates applicants who demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through:

• through an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
I wonder how I will be able to get the underlined requirement, mentioned above.

Last edited:

Snipping

Star Member
May 17, 2017
BC requires a job offer, I actually am interested in BC because I have a lot of relatives there.

Quebec job opportunities requires us to be bilingual (English and French, we don't speak French).

I'll check Manitoba again.

Thanks for your inputs.

UPDATE :

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/other-options/

The Federal Skilled Worker Program
This is an economic immigration program for people with skilled work experience. To be eligible, candidates must:

I think the latter circles back to the EE - FSWP .
Another nuance with the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program is that candidates are penalized for work experience in another province, as this indicates, in their minds, that the prospective applicant is not committed to settling in Manitoba.

Maitreyi

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hello Seniors

Please guide my NOC code that matches my job role is 0423 Managers in social, community and correctional services

I have 10 years experience in the same profile as an Asst. Manager (Please guide if I can apply for the above NOC)

Secondly my qualification is 3 + years bachelors degree & 1 year part time diploma in Human Resouce please guide I need your help seniors.

M&C041817

May 23, 2017
Another nuance with the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program is that candidates are penalized for work experience in another province, as this indicates, in their minds, that the prospective applicant is not committed to settling in Manitoba.
Woah, that's painful to hear. In light with this topic, how long should we stay in a particular province to work/live if we are nominated?

Jigs9090

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/02/2017
Nomination.....
Waiting
Woah, that's painful to hear. In light with this topic, how long should we stay in a particular province to work/live if we are nominated?
That's the question every PNP Nomination holder wants to know but nobody gets the perfect answer.
Most answered : It's better to stay at least 2 years to avoid future problem.