+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single mom with full custody of my son but his dad refused to sign the passport application form

sabrinamuxin

Feb 4, 2016
Hi there:

I am a single mom with a 10-years old son. I have the full custody of my son (court order). Recently I've been preparing for applying the first Canadian passport for my son. On the application form, there are some information needed to be filled and signed by his dad. However, I tried all the ways to contact with him but he did not reply to my request (of course he hasn't paid child support for years). I am almost desperate now since I want my son to travel with me and see the world. Is it still possible for my son to get his passport without his dad's signature? Has anyone heard or had such experience? Thank you very much.

Noshtemp

Nov 5, 2018
Hi there:

I am a single mom with a 10-years old son. I have the full custody of my son (court order). Recently I've been preparing for applying the first Canadian passport for my son. On the application form, there are some information needed to be filled and signed by his dad. However, I tried all the ways to contact with him but he did not reply to my request (of course he hasn't paid child support for years). I am almost desperate now since I want my son to travel with me and see the world. Is it still possible for my son to get his passport without his dad's signature? Has anyone heard or had such experience? Thank you very much.
This happened to my cousin. They asked for a copy of the divorce papers and custody order. You should be able to get the passport for him but contact passport Canada to confirm exactly what they need.

DimplySun

Aug 1, 2018
True, as long as you have full custody you don't need his father. Apply and attach all the paperwork especially regarding full custody and you will be. Good Luck