+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Timeline

akhnoor

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
kaisin82 said:
i have submitted them personally via the VFS in Singapore. I went down to the office personally at equity plaza
Hi Kaisin,

Have they requested for passport at the same time with other documents? Or they requested for passports at later date? In my case, they have requested only documents and bank draft but not requested for passports.

Any idea?

Akhnoor

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
kaisin82 said:
Yup, it was kinda looking at the lottery ticket when i took the documents out from the envelope at the VFS office and it says"we are pleased to inform...." and i smiled.
Thanks to everyone in this thread for your support!! Garu, Steveheng, CRS,a, Bappisan, Taivoi, ffarin, kid robot,nusrat, eeassy, thank you all for the support and advices. there are so many ups and downs in this 2.5years wait. I mustarded messaging on this forum at page 22 and now it's page 199!!

Here is my story if you are interested!
2006> got a chance to visit my aunt in calgary and loved it there
2008>applied for AINP Family stream, waited a few months before i got rejected as i have yet to complete my university degree
2009>applied again in July, rejected again because they changed forms, submitted again in september 2009 for third time, processing time for alberta nominees keep increasing

2010 august> they close the program for the family stream program but i'm still to be nominated by the province
2011 August> Finally received the nomination and orange stickers, had my wedding, submitted to singapore visa office in 2011 November
2011 November>Submitted application to singapore visa office(that time processing time was 15-17 months)

waited waited waited waited waited waited

2014 Feb> in process
2014 March>medical request, PPR, submitted passports on 28th March

Waited waited waited rant rant rant GCMS GCMS GCMS

2014 June 15th> Decision Made
2014 June 16th> Visa issued

Bappissan>> u are next!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! I feel so blessed and happy that everyone in this forum is very helpful and help each other with their best that they can do. I know waiting time is killing you but don't feel despair when you hear nothing from visa office. Try to do more research on your occupation requirement by Canada. See how you can upgrade your skills before come here. Write a Canadian style resume and CV. Prepare job inquiry email.

Good luck everyone!

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

How you’ve all been??? Neweys, just want to share our landing experience in the land we all call our new home:

We are QSW and departed from SG last Aug19 going to Beijing and then to Vancouver, once there we all queue for customs and the officer conducted interview related to things brought to Canada and how much money we have (we declare only the cash we have on hand) btw he did not ask to see the actual cash…. After he then instructed us to get all our baggage and proceed to the immigration section to complete all landing formalities.

Before you can go inside there’s another officer guarding and will tell you to leave all baggage and bring only those hand carry bags with you, Inside the immigration section there are two sections which are for students and for immigrants. There another officer will welcome you and give you all booklets pertaining to Canada and related to your profession, they will give you a queue number and wait for your number then immigration officer will get your COPR and passports and will interview all adults. Kids will take a seat at the waiting area just in front of the counter where you’ll have your interview, the officer will then conduct a series a questions related to your application and anything he deems fit. Then he will ask which address are you staying where the PR card will be mailed. Since we are QSW we need to provide Quebec address…. Unfortunately we only stayed in a service apartment so we told him that and he was very kind and told us not to worry about it and just provide our permanent address once we have it adding it is vital that once you have it make sure you update them thru online, email or call cic so they can start processing your PR card and avoid further delay. The processing takes about 2-3months from the date CIC receives your permanent address. He also explained on ways how to update our address and he said it’s done and give him a few minutes to copy everything… during the entire procedure he was taking notes. Once everything was in order he then give us a copy of our individual COPR. Told us to keep make a copies and keep the original safe. Then ending it with “welcome to Canada and your now officially Canadian PR”.

You then need to claim your baggage outside and they will inform you on how to avoid another custom queue (I forgot at which stage) then we proceeded to our final destination which is Montreal.

Here are a few tips to avoid all the stress we experienced during the entire travel:
1. Make sure you have enough time for layover / stop over for the next flight. It is ideal to have ample time like 3-4 hrs to avoid unforeseen events like crowded tarmac, long queue in customs and immigration, delayed departure-plane still waiting for some passengers which we don’t have any controls.
2. For your goods and goods to follow. It is best to asked the custom so they will stamped it and you’re good to go.
3. Make a separate folder for all your immigration documents. Best to put maker/label so easy for pull out when asked for it.
4. SIN application is fast and same day processing. Bring all document like passport, COPR etc….
5. Health card application. Same as #4, probably go there early as the queue is long.
6. Bank opening. Scout for the best plan for you/family package and then make appointment. I don’t know how other province work but in Montreal when we directly go the bank they will try to squeeze you in if there is available financial consultant otherwise they will book you some other day. So far we approached BMO and RBC… both of them got special offer to new immigrant but we decided to opt for RBC as they offer unlimited banking transactions, plus individual account & joint account as well with some more perks even though we will start paying the monthly fees of 30 for the maintenance. They also give us unsecured 1k credit limit for each of us with waive annual membership.
7. Transportation and banking convenience. It is better to purchase monthly pass as it will save you as much rather than having to pay 3.00 per ride. You may get the weekly pass if you arrived middle of the month so save cost. As for banking options it was more convenient here in SG as you can withdraw money anytime from outside the MRT, below HDB and Malls. In Montreal, they do have it in malls but its general atm which they will deduct 2.00 from your account every time you take your own money from your account otherwise you need to locate and proceed to your nearest bank.
8. Start using your credit card. Once you have it, immediately use it so you’re building your credit history.

God bless and take care friends. Wishing you all speedy process.

A.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
a said:
Hi All,

How you've all been??? Neweys, just want to share our landing experience in the land we all call our new home:

We are QSW and departed from SG last Aug19 going to Beijing and then to Vancouver, once there we all queue for customs and the officer conducted interview related to things brought to Canada and how much money we have (we declare only the cash we have on hand) btw he did not ask to see the actual cash.... After he then instructed us to get all our baggage and proceed to the immigration section to complete all landing formalities.

Before you can go inside there's another officer guarding and will tell you to leave all baggage and bring only those hand carry bags with you, Inside the immigration section there are two sections which are for students and for immigrants. There another officer will welcome you and give you all booklets pertaining to Canada and related to your profession, they will give you a queue number and wait for your number then immigration officer will get your COPR and passports and will interview all adults. Kids will take a seat at the waiting area just in front of the counter where you'll have your interview, the officer will then conduct a series a questions related to your application and anything he deems fit. Then he will ask which address are you staying where the PR card will be mailed. Since we are QSW we need to provide Quebec address.... Unfortunately we only stayed in a service apartment so we told him that and he was very kind and told us not to worry about it and just provide our permanent address once we have it adding it is vital that once you have it make sure you update them thru online, email or call cic so they can start processing your PR card and avoid further delay. The processing takes about 2-3months from the date CIC receives your permanent address. He also explained on ways how to update our address and he said it's done and give him a few minutes to copy everything... during the entire procedure he was taking notes. Once everything was in order he then give us a copy of our individual COPR. Told us to keep make a copies and keep the original safe. Then ending it with “welcome to Canada and your now officially Canadian PR”.

You then need to claim your baggage outside and they will inform you on how to avoid another custom queue (I forgot at which stage) then we proceeded to our final destination which is Montreal.

Here are a few tips to avoid all the stress we experienced during the entire travel:
1. Make sure you have enough time for layover / stop over for the next flight. It is ideal to have ample time like 3-4 hrs to avoid unforeseen events like crowded tarmac, long queue in customs and immigration, delayed departure-plane still waiting for some passengers which we don't have any controls.
2. For your goods and goods to follow. It is best to asked the custom so they will stamped it and you're good to go.
3. Make a separate folder for all your immigration documents. Best to put maker/label so easy for pull out when asked for it.
4. SIN application is fast and same day processing. Bring all document like passport, COPR etc....
5. Health card application. Same as #4, probably go there early as the queue is long.
6. Bank opening. Scout for the best plan for you/family package and then make appointment. I don't know how other province work but in Montreal when we directly go the bank they will try to squeeze you in if there is available financial consultant otherwise they will book you some other day. So far we approached BMO and RBC... both of them got special offer to new immigrant but we decided to opt for RBC as they offer unlimited banking transactions, plus individual account & joint account as well with some more perks even though we will start paying the monthly fees of 30 for the maintenance. They also give us unsecured 1k credit limit for each of us with waive annual membership.
7. Transportation and banking convenience. It is better to purchase monthly pass as it will save you as much rather than having to pay 3.00 per ride. You may get the weekly pass if you arrived middle of the month so save cost. As for banking options it was more convenient here in SG as you can withdraw money anytime from outside the MRT, below HDB and Malls. In Montreal, they do have it in malls but its general atm which they will deduct 2.00 from your account every time you take your own money from your account otherwise you need to locate and proceed to your nearest bank.
8. Start using your credit card. Once you have it, immediately use it so you're building your credit history.

A.

Congrats A!

I found out that basically we don't have to bring cash in Canada. Almost all the shop or restaurant accept credit card.

Building a good credit history is very important in Canada. If you already have HSBC account in your home country you can transfer your credit history to Canada.

If you are planning to buy a car you need to pay around 40% of the car price so that you can get a car without co-signer. Some allow you to do it with only $5000 down payment. Depends on the dealer.

Fall has come. Weather become breezing and cold. Take care everyone!

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-08-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
06-03-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent on 28-03-2014, VISA issued 16-06-2014
LANDED..........
Calgary here I come!!
Your landing experience got me all excited. 70 more days for me to go. The other day, I had a nightmare of myself flying to calgary without doing a proper landing in Vancouver! Hope it doesn't happen!!scary!

Your landing seems fast enough! Hope mine is too! Will need to board plane in 2.5hrs time. Hope I make it!

nusrat9991

Sep 20, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Already attached with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
06.02.2015 & Medical results have been received Dt-12.02.2015 Decision made-10.05.2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
a said:
Hi All,

How you've all been??? Neweys, just want to share our landing experience in the land we all call our new home:

We are QSW and departed from SG last Aug19 going to Beijing and then to Vancouver, once there we all queue for customs and the officer conducted interview related to things brought to Canada and how much money we have (we declare only the cash we have on hand) btw he did not ask to see the actual cash.... After he then instructed us to get all our baggage and proceed to the immigration section to complete all landing formalities.

Before you can go inside there's another officer guarding and will tell you to leave all baggage and bring only those hand carry bags with you, Inside the immigration section there are two sections which are for students and for immigrants. There another officer will welcome you and give you all booklets pertaining to Canada and related to your profession, they will give you a queue number and wait for your number then immigration officer will get your COPR and passports and will interview all adults. Kids will take a seat at the waiting area just in front of the counter where you'll have your interview, the officer will then conduct a series a questions related to your application and anything he deems fit. Then he will ask which address are you staying where the PR card will be mailed. Since we are QSW we need to provide Quebec address.... Unfortunately we only stayed in a service apartment so we told him that and he was very kind and told us not to worry about it and just provide our permanent address once we have it adding it is vital that once you have it make sure you update them thru online, email or call cic so they can start processing your PR card and avoid further delay. The processing takes about 2-3months from the date CIC receives your permanent address. He also explained on ways how to update our address and he said it's done and give him a few minutes to copy everything... during the entire procedure he was taking notes. Once everything was in order he then give us a copy of our individual COPR. Told us to keep make a copies and keep the original safe. Then ending it with “welcome to Canada and your now officially Canadian PR”.

1. Make sure you have enough time for layover / stop over for the next flight. It is ideal to have ample time like 3-4 hrs to avoid unforeseen events like crowded tarmac, long queue in customs and immigration, delayed departure-plane still waiting for some passengers which we don't have any controls.
2. For your goods and goods to follow. It is best to asked the custom so they will stamped it and you're good to go.
4. SIN application is fast and same day processing. Bring all document like passport, COPR etc....
6. Bank opening. Scout for the best plan for you/family package and then make appointment. I don't know how other province work but in Montreal when we directly go the bank they will try to squeeze you in if there is available financial consultant otherwise they will book you some other day. So far we approached BMO and RBC... both of them got special offer to new immigrant but we decided to opt for RBC as they offer unlimited banking transactions, plus individual account & joint account as well with some more perks even though we will start paying the monthly fees of 30 for the maintenance. They also give us unsecured 1k credit limit for each of us with waive annual membership.
8. Start using your credit card. Once you have it, immediately use it so you're building your credit history.

A.
Congratulation a. wish you a happy life in canada.

nusrat9991

Sep 20, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
06.02.2015 & Medical results have been received Dt-12.02.2015 Decision made-10.05.2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Visa Received with......

Taivoi= Late
Kasin82= Too Late
Akhnoor Ali= Super Late

& Me, Nusrat9991 = Super Duper late

akhnoor

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
nusrat9991 said:
Visa Received with......

Taivoi= Late
Kasin82= Too Late
Akhnoor Ali= Super Late

& Me, Nusrat9991 = Super Duper late
Really sad Nusrat!
According to my calculation, you will receive your medical instructions in the 3rd or 4th week of October. Check your email on each friday.

Akhnoor

nusrat9991

Sep 20, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
akhnoor said:
Really sad Nusrat!
According to my calculation, you will receive your medical instructions in the 3rd or 4th week of October. Check your email on each friday.

Akhnoor
All calculation will be failed in my application, see that. whats about you? everrything done?

akhnoor

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
nusrat9991 said:
All calculation will be failed in my application, see that. whats about you? everrything done?
I have sent bank draft, police certificates and completed medical here in Dhaka.

My eldest son just has received his Canadian police certificate today and his medical date is on 19th Sept (Tomorrow). Once all the documents in file then they will complete the full review. I guess, I have to wait until October 15 to receive next update.

Lets see what next.

Akhnoor

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-08-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
06-03-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent on 28-03-2014, VISA issued 16-06-2014
LANDED..........
Calgary here I come!!
nusrat, maybe they just want you to land after winter when it's not so cold! =)
be patient, it's coming. anyway time to sell stuffs and do some clearing up when u have the time!

nusrat9991

Sep 20, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kaisin82 said:
nusrat, maybe they just want you to land after winter when it's not so cold! =)
be patient, it's coming. anyway time to sell stuffs and do some clearing up when u have the time!
good say. Thanks.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
In other thread where people are getting PR within 6 months but here it is very frustrating to see that people are waiting more than 2 years to get PR. I am now so much frustrated after coming to this thread as my VO is also Singapore. Oh GOD i have to wait 2 years or more!!!!!!...........OH NOOOOOOOOO

Already waited one year to get MPNP and again now another 3 years waiting would be painstaking.