Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Cheers said:
It shoudn't have taken as much as what they have so far, however I must be wrong as Singapore treats the countries listed under (their jurisdiction) as (perhaps) full of people who don't have the rights/need to live a conjugal life like some of the fortunate countries. People talk about high percent of marriage scams (in countries covered in Singapore) without actually having a stats in hand. Now it is a different subject matter, but it hurts. As a Canadian Citizen I feel aweful about this, however not sure how many would agree with me on this. Just a personal perspective.
I would bet if you did have the stats you would see they are right to assume this. I can only speak to Thailand as that where we are from but this place is the land of scams, and not just thai's trying scam non thai's but each other. I know of a number of people that have talked about finding a "farang" (thai word for non thai people) to get out of this hell hole and to a better country, I also know of one guy that is in a totally fake marriage to a girl from Calgary I know this factually.

I understand how if you don't like to hear this but I know in the case of Thailand it's true, this country is a mess, the corruption and poverty is everywhere, the Elite that run the country don't give a crap about the poor and do everything they can to keep them in debt and under educated, simply look at the outcome of the last election here if you need any further proof. I too see the cringes from people when they first hear my wife is Thai, but I can't change their opinion as I know its often due to the reality of life in Thailand, only my wife can change how they view Thai's by the way she is as a person.

I have heard Vietnam and Cambodia are worse although I don't have any first hand experience with that. You know the old saying where there's smoke there is fire..

When you are not sure about anything you look for an answer, however if it doesn't hurt you bad, I doubt how hard you try. This is an office who doubt people's honesty by making them wondering.......what if. It takes them (may be for 30-40% of the cases) 10-15 months (???, don't know) to ask for an interview (cause they have a processing time of 21 months, they can go do WHATEVER) no wonder we evolve as human not so long ago. As a tax payer, I see my money (and of course of million others) goes into something totally "IGNORANT".
You are very mistaken in that it is not "THIS" office it is the Immigration process. I was told face to face by the Consular General of Thailand that in the Immigration world "EVERYBODY is guilty until they prove otherwise" I would hope that you as a Canadian would accept that is the way it must be if we are to make sure only the legit people get through. I would much rather 100 real couples have to wait longer than they or I feel is fair than one fake couple get through. I doubt the ratio is anywhere near that but I trust you get my point. I waited too don't forget and I didn't like it any better than you or anyone else, but that is the process and we all know and accept it's flawed and we should work from within the system to make it better. But for now this is what we have and we have to work within it's confines.

Cheers

May 11, 2011
Bangkokcanuck said:
I would bet if you did have the stats you would see they are right to assume this. I can only speak to Thailand as that where we are from but this place is the land of scams, and not just thai's trying scam non thai's but each other. I know of a number of people that have talked about finding a "farang" (thai word for non thai people) to get out of this hell hole and to a better country, I also know of one guy that is in a totally fake marriage to a girl from Calgary I know this factually.

I understand how if you don't like to hear this but I know in the case of Thailand it's true, this country is a mess, the corruption and poverty is everywhere, the Elite that run the country don't give a crap about the poor and do everything they can to keep them in debt and under educated, simply look at the outcome of the last election here if you need any further proof. I too see the cringes from people when they first hear my wife is Thai, but I can't change their opinion as I know its often due to the reality of life in Thailand, only my wife can change how they view Thai's by the way she is as a person.

I have heard Vietnam and Cambodia are worse although I don't have any first hand experience with that. You know the old saying where there's smoke there is fire..

You are very mistaken in that it is not "THIS" office it is the Immigration process. I was told face to face by the Consular General of Thailand that in the Immigration world "EVERYBODY is guilty until they prove otherwise" I would hope that you as a Canadian would accept that is the way it must be if we are to make sure only the legit people get through. I would much rather 100 real couples have to wait longer than they or I feel is fair than one fake couple get through. I doubt the ratio is anywhere near that but I trust you get my point. I waited too don't forget and I didn't like it any better than you or anyone else, but that is the process and we all know and accept it's flawed and we should work from within the system to make it better. But for now this is what we have and we have to work within it's confines.
And I can bet you if you had a stat, larger Asian and South Asian countries (don't want to name names) would suffer from the same scams more just because of the size of population/no of applications they have. Couple of news surfaced on Canadian National TV also point to those regions as well, however their processing time gets to be the shortest ones. Nevertheless, I am not putting my confidence behind anything as making an unfounded excuse is not the way to deal with public ineterests.

In the fire and smoke analogy, a fire-fighter can have a fire significantly larger (but in a politically less viable neighbourhood) and requires a lot of manpower to deal with than another (in a rich and politically strong neighbourhood). The smaller one can help showcase how efficient and brave they are and earn them the political and financial push they need to flourish.

Now, ALL comes down to ethics, which is very much relative. Unfortunately, I have a major ethical difference with CIC and rightfully, since I can go complain about it without actually doing anything, I thought what the hell. Like arunkumar said, we need to accept the system as it is.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Cheers said:
Now, ALL comes down to ethics, which is very much relative. Unfortunately, I have a major ethical difference with CIC and rightfully, since I can go complain about it without actually doing anything, I thought what the hell. Like arunkumar said, we need to accept the system as it is.
You are being a contrarian for the sake of being one.

Actually we don't need to accept the system the way it is, we need to work within it as it is now, but accepting it implies doing nothing to try and change it. If you have such a strong ethical difference I would think you would take steps to remedy that.

Good luck.

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
Again this is just my personal opinion.

Couple of systems that i know of which you cannot change - Embassy/Consulate and the Immigration (at the airport, sea port or land borders). They are way too powerful, they can just "ban" you for life from entering their country for no valid reasons. Unless you are a citizen of a country and you are trying to get something done for YOURSELF (not for your immigrant spouse), you cannot try and rebel for a change from the outside. Unless the related government wants to change it.

My humble opinion.

Cheers

May 11, 2011
Bangkokcanuck said:
You are being a contrarian for the sake of being one.

Actually we don't need to accept the system the way it is, we need to work within it as it is now, but accepting it implies doing nothing to try and change it. If you have such a strong ethical difference I would think you would take steps to remedy that.

Good luck.
I do not agree. Having a different opinion/hypothesis doesn't make me a contrarian/opinionated. I am trying to help people see my point of view even if they don't agree. To me it is about trying to see the broader spectrum of ideas/opinions and that is trying to figure out the problem. Having a difference doesn't make anyone right or wrong but both should benefit from.

ciao.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Anyone can help , Why i can not see medical report on my ecas. I checked every day since i get my client id.

We started processing your application on June 28, 2011.
We sent you a letter on June 28, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on June 28, 2011.

We received (my wife name) application for permanent residence on July 11, 2011.

CSQ Quebec MICC approved 28 July, 2011

My wife did not receive any AOR letter from Singapore visa office. I send an e-mail to SIG VO to know if they received my CSQ. They received and reply with my wife Visa file number F+9digits. After 2 days my wife mailing address shows up when i check with Visa file number.

Why i never see medical reports received on ecas becasue many people see it on their ecas. Does it mean they did not receive my medical report?
Is Singapore Visa office does not send AOR letter? What does mean File transfer?

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Cheers said:
I do not agree.
Really? ;D

Having a different opinion/hypothesis doesn't make me a contrarian/opinionated. I am trying to help people see my point of view even if they don't agree. To me it is about trying to see the broader spectrum of ideas/opinions and that is trying to figure out the problem. Having a difference doesn't make anyone right or wrong but both should benefit from.
My point still stands if YOU have ethical issues with CIC I would think you should go about working on fixing them. Regards of whether anyone else agrees with you or not as they are YOUR issues.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

May 11, 2011
mirjahan said:
Anyone can help , Why i can not see medical report on my ecas. I checked every day since i get my client id.

We started processing your application on June 28, 2011.
We sent you a letter on June 28, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on June 28, 2011.

We received (my wife name) application for permanent residence on July 11, 2011.

CSQ Quebec MICC approved 28 July, 2011

My wife did not receive any AOR letter from Singapore visa office. I send an e-mail to SIG VO to know if they received my CSQ. They received and reply with my wife Visa file number F+9digits. After 2 days my wife mailing address shows up when i check with Visa file number.

Why i never see medical reports received on ecas becasue many people see it on their ecas. Does it mean they did not receive my medical report?
Is Singapore Visa office does not send AOR letter? What does mean File transfer?
Usually,singapore doesn't update the ecas saying they had received your medical, doesn't mean that they haven't.

Word of advice, don't depend on the ecas, as they are late or never update. For my case I didn't receive any AOR. Since you got an e-mail from Singaporem you should be okay in terms of them getting your file.

File transfer means your file has been transferred from Mississauga to Singapore.

Cheers

May 11, 2011
Bangkokcanuck said:
Really? ;D

My point still stands if YOU have ethical issues with CIC I would think you should go about working on fixing them. Regards of whether anyone else agrees with you or not as they are YOUR issues.

Just my opinion.
Well you can make fun of anything you want, as you and I are independent. However, the subject matter you choose to pick on someone shows your way of thinking.

Good luck ;D!

russell_rulez

Jan 28, 2010
Re: Singapore timeline (How long did it take to get the pp back with visa stamp)

Hi:

Can anyone share their timeline from the period submitting the PP to chc singapore and getting back with visa stampped. i am particulary interested for ppl from Bangladesh for their timeline

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Re: Singapore timeline (How long did it take to get the pp back with visa stamp)

russell_rulez said:
Hi:

Can anyone share their timeline from the period submitting the PP to chc singapore and getting back with visa stampped. i am particulary interested for ppl from Bangladesh for their timeline
I would like to share but i am far from stage 2. Day by day Singapore time is increasing, it is frustration.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Cheers said:
Well you can make fun of anything you want, as you and I are independent. However, the subject matter you choose to pick on someone shows your way of thinking.
Seriously?? You didn't think it was all funny that I called you contrarian and the first line of your reply "I do not agree" I laughed out loud.

I am not making fun of anything perhaps you are misunderstanding my comments. I DO strongly feel if you have an ethical problem with CIC you should pursue a solution.. not sure how that is making fun of you directly or indirectly.

Good luck ;D!
Thank you, my luck has been pretty damn impressive for the last 45 years and (knock on wood) I do hope it continues..

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Singapore Visa office are working on which month file?
What is the best time to order CAIPS after Singapore VO received file?
When Singapore VO starts process how long it take to be complete?

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
mirjahan said:
Singapore Visa office are working on which month file?
What is the best time to order CAIPS after Singapore VO received file?
When Singapore VO starts process how long it take to be complete?
I think with all things related to the SG office or any office in the world every case is different. Our file went in process and three days later it was approved.. some people have been in process for months... I think it really is just a wait and see issue. sorry I can't be of more help.