+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

kevin09

Nov 27, 2009
Hi chi Alittlewave,
I really appreciate for your detailed and thorough answer. This is exactly what I am looking for. I actually did the Police Certificate number 2 and sent to Singapore last week as the supplementary document. I read somewhere in this forum that when you provide supplementary documents, your file will be re-opened and looked into, so one shot 2 birds :)). I also remember reading from some sources saying that the Police Certificate will have the validity of 1 year from the issuing date, but it must be issued within 3 months before submission. I don't think you need to get the new Police Certificate but I will look for that source just to confirm.

We are content for the visitor visa for now, as we can see each other after one year apart, but I do hope that the paperwork will be done before we have to take any further action. I truly hope you will hear good news from CIC soon!

Alittlewave

Dec 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2014 to CPP Ottawa
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
kevin09 said:
I also remember reading from some sources saying that the Police Certificate will have the validity of 1 year from the issuing date, but it must be issued within 3 months before submission. I don't think you need to get the new Police Certificate but I will look for that source just to confirm.

We are content for the visitor visa for now, as we can see each other after one year apart, but I do hope that the paperwork will be done before we have to take any further action. I truly hope you will hear good news from CIC soon!
Thanks Kevin09. What you said about Police certificate is right but the thing is I didn't submit the new one before I travelled to Canada, I just brought it here with me. As far as I know about the way Singapore solve our case, re-opening files doesn't mean speeding up our cases. It all depends on Singapore's assessment on the files. During our 1 year waiting, my husband visited me 2 times in Vietnam and we submitted new supporting documents including air tickets, pictures ... after each time to Singapore and the result is we are still waiting.

My husband once went to his MP to ask for help. The MP's secretary told us about the way Singapore process file like this: after initial review, every file is queued in line waiting to final review. The order of each file in the line depends on how the files are assessed. It means somehow like files that are decided to go quick will be up, and files that are decided to go slow will be down in the line. So if the MP asks Singapore about our file, our file will be taken out of the line. They will look at it and give details to MP but then the file will have to be queued all over again, and this may make the process even slower. Basically, the MP's secretary advised us not to request anything at this time and just let our file queue in the line, so we didn't.

kevin09

Nov 27, 2009
Hi Alittleware,

I contacted MP office and after that ordered the GCMS as well. I don't know how accurate the information given from your MP's secretary, but I can see from my GCMS Note that my MP's Assistant talked to Montreal Call Centre to ask for my case's status. I guess what they did is looking into my GCMS just as I ordered later, but apparently the MP's Assistant told me that he talked to Singapore office (which is not the case according to the GCMS Note) and they were not that helpful except giving a quick look for my file.

Alittlewave

Dec 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2014 to CPP Ottawa
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
The MP's assistant also told us that what they can obtain from Singapore is nothing more than the GCMS notes, and the fact that if the MP office asks about our case, it still doesn't speed up our process. He said that the most detailed information we can get from Singapore is actually the GCMS notes so we just went with the notes. (We ordered it 2 times).

I think Singapore has a procedure to solve cases. Each case has different story and the way they perceive our cases is different than what we think. Sometimes I guess it also depends on our luck.

So all the best to you.

bangla

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/2013
AOR Received.
March/2013
File Transfer...
???
Med's Request
Feb/2014
Med's Done....
Jan/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb/2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
hey...

I went to MP 2 times first my status, because i did not receve a AOR and didnt know about the CGMS notes and later after ordering CGMS notes.. finding out that Singapore did a mistake on my address and email... from the notes i was able to see that MP had called Montreal office..so does that mean that my file was further delayed???

Cuz that is just bad....its like everyone takes advantage of you... when you need help and try to seek help...makes me not want to trust anyone...

I hope that is not the case.....

kevin09

Nov 27, 2009
I would say it all depends on who is in charge of your application. If you get a lazy officer then that's pretty bad luck. I think one thing we can do is sharing the code of the officer in the timeline spreadsheet (not sure if it's legal). Regarding your MP's assistant words on the files line up, it's hard to believe if they actually do that though, because it doesn't make sense at all...

When you bought the flight ticket, what was the return date that you booked? I am not sure if my wife put 4 5 months that might make the landing officer to question. And as you have stayed in Canada for about 5 months now, do you plan to extend the visa or you might have to go back Vietnam? Sorry for asking too much details but I'd appreciate if you can share your thoughts.

There is an official (long) manual guide for family sponsorship if you want to read which is as below. This guide is used by visa officer as well, so it would help us to understand how they perceive our file:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

sama2012

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Med's Done....
1st on April 2012 & 2nd on July 2013 (Re-Medical)
Interview........
Waived & file status "IN PROCESS" in July 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
SVO is very slow now. looks like there is no update for anyone last couple of weeks.

Kellyxin

Aug 27, 2013
Hi guys!

I just submitted Canada PR application inland, then I got a letter that my Singapore citizenship has been approved. I will get a new passport in 4 month. What am I gonna do? If I go back Singapore to surrender my China passport, my 6 year visitor visa will e no longer in effect. If I re-enter Canada with Singapore passport, how long I can stay in Canada. I really want Singapore citizenship cos I have a house,relatives and friends in Sing.
And how to update CIC about changing of citizenship? if I do, is PR application going o be affected?

regars

Alittlewave

Dec 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2014 to CPP Ottawa
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
kevin09 said:
When you bought the flight ticket, what was the return date that you booked? I am not sure if my wife put 4 5 months that might make the landing officer to question. And as you have stayed in Canada for about 5 months now, do you plan to extend the visa or you might have to go back Vietnam? Sorry for asking too much details but I'd appreciate if you can share your thoughts.
My return ticket date is about 5,5 months after. I came here at the end of June so I'm just approaching 4 months now. Yes, I do have plan to extend my visa next month. Although my visa is 2 year - multiple entry, I guess the maximum stay for each entry is still 6 months. The other Vietnamese wife I know also got her extension for another 1 year after the her first 6-month staying.

I told the officer straightforwardly that I came here to visit my husband while waiting for my outland PR application's result. Then the officer stamped my visa immediately without asking to see any documents although I prepared some documents with me.

kevin09

Nov 27, 2009
How did you get the multi-entry visa for 2 years? Do you mean the time shown on your visa stamped by the officer or the expiry date of the visa on the passport? Your information is very helpful to me :)

Kellyxin

Aug 27, 2013
kevin09 said:
How did you get the multi-entry visa for 2 years? Do you mean the time shown on your visa stamped by the officer or the expiry date of the visa on the passport? Your information is very helpful to me :)

I got a v-1 visitor visa for 7 years till the passport expire. I did not buy a return ticket. The officer did not ask for it. They stamp entry but did not stamp when I have to leave the country, neither did they tell me when I should leave at the airport immigration. I am not sure if I can only stay for 6 month....
The last time I came to Canada, immigration officer at Vancouver airport asked for return ticket and not this time at Calgary airport. Of all 4 times I visited Canada, all the immigration officers asked how long planning to stay but none of the officers tell me when I shall leave. A bit puzzled.

VietCan

Oct 21, 2013
Hi,

I recently submitted the sponsorship application for my husband in Vietnam. I just got the sponsorship approval and now waiting on the Singapore approval. I know it will be a long wait from now on, so I'm considering to have my husband apply for the visitor visa in the meantime. Could anyone please advice me if it is a good idea for my husband to apply for the visitor visa? Will it have any impact or delay on his sponsorship application? Is there a good chance that he will get approval on the visitor visa without having the migration officer suspecting that he may not return back to his country?

Thank you in advance for responding to my questions!

Alittlewave

Dec 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2014 to CPP Ottawa
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
kevin09 said:
I just asked for 1- month multiple visa on the application and surprisingly I was granted 2-year multiple visa. The officer just stamped the date of entry on the page next to visa page. I'm glad that my information can help you.

Alittlewave

Dec 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2014 to CPP Ottawa
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
kevin09 said:
I Regarding your MP's assistant words on the files line up, it's hard to believe if they actually do that though, because it doesn't make sense at all...
I think it doesn't mean physical files pile up on the table. I think after initial assessment each file is coded and categorized in different sections waiting to final review. For examples, files that are decided to go quick go to "6 months" section, and files that are decided to go slow go to "20 months" section, or files that are decided to be interviewed go to "interview" section, and from there files are solved in their own order. That explains some cases go to final review very quick after initial assessment and some cases have to wait like my case.

On my GCMS notes, I saw my initial assessment done in September 2012, then my file is just sitting there the whole year until now to wait for final review.

Of course these are just my speculation about the way they do, I may be wrong.

kevin09

Nov 27, 2009
That's super generous from visa officer side! I don't know that we could apply for multiple entry visa, so now I know :). My wife's visa will be expired 6 months from now, but I think the period we are allowed to stay will be determined by the landing officer. Between, how do you know it's multiple entry visa? It doesn't show on my wife's visa if it's single or multiple though.

To VietCan: If you have just submitted the application, my advice would be waiting for a bit longer until the processing time takes longer than normal (we had submitted the application 1 year after we applied for the visitor visa). The processing time ON PAPER for Singapore office is 80% cases will be processed within 06 months after transferred to Singapore Office. I would apply for the visitor visa after this period is over. The proof which shows that your husband will return VN is his financial tight in Vietnam (properties, saving accounts, cars, on-going employment with decent pay, etc.). Your application should be clean (genuine relationship with proper supporting documents) as visa office in Ho Chi Minh city will consult Singapore office for your case for that.

Hope it help.