Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Wiggie said:
Hey everyone,

Its been a few days now but just wanted to share that my wife received request to redo medicals this past Monday : ) We have already taken care of everything they requested in the package (medicals, new police certificate, fingerprints, new passport type photos etc) The fingerprints had to be sent to Ottawa for the RCMP and the doctor who did the medical sent the results to Manila, Philippines. The doctor said that as of May 1st this year he had to start sending the medical results to the Philippines for cases being processed in Singapore instead of Singapore itself. He said this was most likely due to the recent budget cuts. After they receive and process the medical results in Manila, they are then forwarded to Singapore now instead of all being done in Singapore like before. Hopefully this doesn't add much more time to the whole process. Just need to wait another week to receive the new police certificate and we should be sending that along with our copy of the medical to Singapore. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we receive a passport request in good time : )
Great news. I am sure you will get pasport request very soon...

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Suman1980 said:
canada visa office reopen in bangladesh......
really where did u find this info?

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
Shiny88 said:
really where did u find this info?
Actually I think these are the visa application centre or as they call VFS. So the High Commission of Canada is still closed. It was in BD News.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Amy,

PPR and then it will take 3 months to return the passport. Do not forget to send your passport accompanied by UPS/DHL/FedEx Pre pay envelope.

bdlugger,

many sources say Visa Section in Dhaka is completely deserted and no one is there. that section is closed now.

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
jnathan said:
Amy,

PPR and then it will take 3 months to return the passport. Do not forget to send your passport accompanied by UPS/DHL/FedEx Pre pay envelope.

bdlugger,

many sources say Visa Section in Dhaka is completely deserted and no one is there. that section is closed now.
Yeah thats right, but they have these VFS (opened) in BD who has the authority to receive and process most types of application other than permanent residence ( if I am not mistaken). The consulate is definitely closed and not open to public anymore.
However, thanks for your clarification.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
jnathan said:
Amy,

For spousal sponsorship, Singapore doesn't take more than 8 weeks to return passpost when we have to drop passport in Dhaka High Commission. Most of the people gets back within one month or less. As we have to send the passport directly to Singapore and they will mail it to me directly, it will not take more than one month at all.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Amy

RKDG is waiting for over 8 weeks now. Still no sign of returning her/his Visa stamped passport.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Amy612 said:
For spousal sponsorship, Singapore doesn't take more than 8 weeks to return passpost when we have to drop passport in Dhaka High Commission. Most of the people gets back within one month or less. As we have to send the passport directly to Singapore and they will mail it to me directly, it will not take more than one month at all.
Amy did VO ask for passport?

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
jnathan said:
Amy

RKDG is waiting for over 8 weeks now. Still no sign of returning her/his Visa stamped passport.
RKDG's case is unusual. Singapore told him they didn't receive the passport yet. So there must be something wrong with Dhaka visa office.
I told you before that when you submitted through Dhaka high commission there may be delay. But now we can courier to singapore which is faster than before.
What about yo? You sent a personal message that you submitted your passport dhaka high commission. Have you got your passport return?

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Shaheenaz said:
Amy did VO ask for passport?
Ha ha . I am not that much lucky. My file is still In Process from April 10. I have not yet received anything from Singapore. You know my husband is ex military. So I am prepared for longer processing time due to his extensive background check. I hope he doesn't need that and will get PPR by the end of this week.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Amy612 said:
Ha ha . I am not that much lucky. My file is still In Process from April 10. I have not yet received anything from Singapore. You know my husband is ex military. So I am prepared for longer processing time due to his extensive background check. I hope he doesn't need that and will get PPR by the end of this week.
In Sha Allah ..We all praying for each other to reunite with our other half .May Allah listen to our prayers .

calvinh

Mar 25, 2012
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-01-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2012
Amy612 said:
RKDG's case is unusual. Singapore told him they didn't receive the passport yet. So there must be something wrong with Dhaka visa office.
I told you before that when you submitted through Dhaka high commission there may be delay. But now we can courier to singapore which is faster than before.
What about yo? You sent a personal message that you submitted your passport dhaka high commission. Have you got your passport return?
Yes Amy RKDG's case is unusual. He submitted in March and still Sing VO has not received it, something is not right. When I submitted my passport I was told it would take 6-8 weeks but I got mine in a little over 3 weeks. I think I would have got it even early if CHC Dhaka had not closed down.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
RKDG should immediately notify this problem to the Honorable High Commissioner of Canada in Dhaka.
This is a serious matter and should ve dealt with urgency.

bdlugger

Apr 5, 2012
jnathan said:
RKDG should immediately notify this problem to the Honorable High Commissioner of Canada in Dhaka.
This is a serious matter and should ve dealt with urgency.
Guys chill out!!! my wife submitted her passport on April 10th and have not heard anything since. I had communicated to CHC-Singapore, her file is in the queue to be finalized. So all I am trying to say is that it is not too unusual to have a passport returned in 2 months. Not everyone is that lucky!!

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
bdlugger said:
Guys chill out!!! my wife submitted her passport on April 10th and have not heard anything since. I had communicated to CHC-Singapore, her file is in the queue to be finalized. So all I am trying to say is that it is not too unusual to have a passport returned in 2 months. Not everyone is that lucky!!
Hi,
Are you from Bangladesh? Could you please share yor timeline?
Thanks