+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Hello Guys,
i sent some documents to singapore VO, they received it on 1st November according to Canada Post online tracking. But yesterday(8th november) they told me, they didn't receive any documents from me yet. So, my question is, do you know how long it takes to receive /process documents in Singapore VO ? Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
stupidrim said:
Hello Guys,
i sent some documents to singapore VO, they received it on 1st November according to Canada Post online tracking. But yesterday(8th november) they told me, they didn't receive any documents from me yet. So, my question is, do you know how long it takes to receive /process documents in Singapore VO ? Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance
What kind of document you send to them.I think until they add those documents to your file they will not say they received it. Or maybe they did not request so they will not say they receive it. This is my guess i am not 100% sure how it works.

bev canadian

Apr 27, 2011
Hello,
Pls i am confuss as i really dont know wat to do, my hubby received a letter from singapore weeks bak that he is on their interview list, he should wait for 2nd letter, and i have not paid the 490 landing fee, pls advise do i go and pay it now or wait until they tell us to? i called CIC and spoke the someone and he instructed me to go ahead n make the payment, he gave me a fax num to fax to them the receipt and they send to singapore...plss advise wat is rigth for me to do, pay it tomorow or wait till we hear from them? i really dont want anything slowing it down, plssss advises will be appreciated...thanks

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
they will send me medical form and other document request letter. do u guys think it is good news? should i be happy or still i need to worry? this is what they email me

Mr Khan,

We tried to send scan document request letter and medical form to your wife's e-mail and to your e-mail but was not able because both of your e-mail box are full. There are a lot of scan attachments

We will send the above letter to your wife's mailing address by normal mail. Or do you want us to send to your mailing address in Canada and you forward to her. Please confirm as soon as possible and advise your address if you want us to send the letter to you.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
bev canadian said:
Hello,
Pls i am confuss as i really dont know wat to do, my hubby received a letter from singapore weeks bak that he is on their interview list, he should wait for 2nd letter, and i have not paid the 490 landing fee, pls advise do i go and pay it now or wait until they tell us to? i called CIC and spoke the someone and he instructed me to go ahead n make the payment, he gave me a fax num to fax to them the receipt and they send to singapore...plss advise wat is rigth for me to do, pay it tomorow or wait till we hear from them? i really dont want anything slowing it down, plssss advises will be appreciated...thanks
You can pay now as CIC instructed and send the receipt via fax. That's the best way.i did the same. gud luck

Lifer

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
made a thread which got no replies yet, copy/pasted from there:

so after sending a few emails to Singapore i found out that they sent us a letter (which we never received) a few months ago, requesting 'medical examination, new immigration photos and no objection letter'.

I looked it up, and apparently a 'no objection letter' is a letter from her son's biological father stating that he has no objection to his son moving to Canada with us.

We already went to the local government office and got a document stating that my wife has sole custody of her son (which we sent along with our application package). The father has never met his son in 7 years, and besides, we don't know where he is or how to contact him.

How should we proceed?

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
hey guys, i have been away from the forum for a while now it seems.. kind of went over the pages since october.. so i see there are many applicants from Bangladesh in this interview queue thing. sort of a relief for me since we are in queue as well.. i dont know what to comment on the way singapore handles our files anymore, i am sure we are not going to hear from them by the end of this year for the interview..

anyway good luck to everyone.. i guess i should order CAIPS notes once again to see why we were put down for this interview..

Cheers

May 11, 2011
blues said:
hey guys, i have been away from the forum for a while now it seems.. kind of went over the pages since october.. so i see there are many applicants from Bangladesh in this interview queue thing. sort of a relief for me since we are in queue as well.. i dont know what to comment on the way singapore handles our files anymore, i am sure we are not going to hear from them by the end of this year for the interview..

anyway good luck to everyone.. i guess i should order CAIPS notes once again to see why we were put down for this interview..
Shame on SG and Canadian immigration, I am withdrawing my application.....I can't let people control my life anymore, because if I do they will. I got my caips, it says they haven't started processing my file yet 8 months since I applied, So first come first serve is BS . Thus said and done. If Canada doesn't want me/us,it is their loss. Good luck, see you Canada in 10-15 years on the other side, cause you are gonna look out for help. All the tax goes down the drain, and kenny is nothing but an ignorant snake. Cheers!

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Cheers said:
Shame on SG and Canadian immigration, I am withdrawing my application.....I can't let people control my life anymore, because if I do they will. I got my caips, it says they haven't started processing my file yet 8 months since I applied, So first come first serve is BS . Thus said and done. If Canada doesn't want me/us,it is their loss. Good luck, see you Canada in 10-15 years on the other side, cause you are gonna look out for help. All the tax goes down the drain, and kenny is nothing but an ignorant snake. Cheers!
Look what they replied me about process
Applications are processed in the order in which they were received.
I saw random processing. When you ask for status they never reply and if they request any thing always send by post mail. If mail is missing or never deliver we do not know because ecas is 100% not accurate and does not request by e-mail often.

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Question about Singapore VO: How do they generally respond to queries for information? From what I've read so far, it's pretty hard to get a lot of useful information out of them, re: timelines, status of application, and so on.

I'm a little confused about the information we have in ECAS, which says the following--all in the "sponsorship" section of our application status:

We received your application to sponsor XXXX on June 7, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 22, 2011.

We sent you a letter on August 8, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
It's been five months since we first submitted. The file should have been transferred to Singapore on August 8, when I got the "letter" they're referring to in the form of an email, so it's been three months since then. Since the "processing" date mentioned above is August 22 (after they sent the file to Singapore, I'm assuming), does that mean that our file is already being processed in Singapore? If so, should we expect something to happen soon? Would it be worth it to order CAIPS notes to see what kind of information is in the system? Besides CAIPS, is there some way for us to get them to tell us if they've started processing, if there are any problems, if we're on the interview list, etc.? Would it be safe for us to send the VO a request directly, or would it be largely pointless, or even set us back?

trungngan

Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
27-05-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
28-02-2011
Passport Req..
03-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2011
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
hey dangerJones
This is only mean cic accepted your sponsorship and sent your "package" to Singapore. If you check the Permanent Residence section you will either get "N/A" (Singapore did not receive it) or Application Received (Singapore received, but not process)

Most of us wait about 6-7 months to get anything out of Singapore. Hope this help.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Submitted in Feb 2011. I have heard from my MP they will be looking at our papers very soon. :)

We're pretty excited!!! :)

No interview...pleeease!

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Original 26/04/2011 Re-medical 15/05/2012
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
Hey guys,

Unfortunately got some very bad news today. Received all of our proof we submitted with our application in the mail. There were 3 packages total (seems as if that wasn't good enough proof for them ::) ) Each of the packages contained the generic letter that everyone gets when they are required for an interview. No useful information other than waiting for an interview can be up to 24 monthes :'( and that they will of course contact us when they get the date for the interview. I guess you can add us to the long list of people on here getting requests for interviews...

Me and my wife are living in Thailand by the way so hopefully the interview que isn't too long for this country (although I doubt it ???)

Thinking about ordering CAIPS soon to find out why exactly they weren't satisfied. I guess over 250 photos of us together from the past 2.5 years along with many inches thick of other proof wasn't good enough for them.

Oh yeah and our timeline is as follows:
Received app to sponsor in Mississauga - May 2, 2011
Sponsor approved - May 31, 2011
Singapore received - June 9, 2011
Sent our proof/interview request letter - Oct 11, 2011
Actually received it in mail - Nov 11, 2011

(and our ECAS was never updated to In Process of course)

Don't know what we are supposed to do here for possibly the next 2 years while waiting :'(
This Immigration system is so broken I don't even know where to begin...

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Wiggie said:
Hey guys,

Unfortunately got some very bad news today. Received all of our proof we submitted with our application in the mail. There were 3 packages total (seems as if that wasn't good enough proof for them ::) ) Each of the packages contained the generic letter that everyone gets when they are required for an interview. No useful information other than waiting for an interview can be up to 24 monthes :'( and that they will of course contact us when they get the date for the interview. I guess you can add us to the long list of people on here getting requests for interviews...

Me and my wife are living in Thailand by the way so hopefully the interview que isn't too long for this country (although I doubt it ???)

Thinking about ordering CAIPS soon to find out why exactly they weren't satisfied. I guess over 250 photos of us together from the past 2.5 years along with many inches thick of other proof wasn't good enough for them.

Don't know what we are supposed to do here for possibly the next 2 years while waiting :'(
SG is very efficient only in issuing interview letters. i guess they are not intelligent enough to evaluate the applications in first place. so they take the easy way...that is an interview. they never update the ecas. i dont know whats wrong with them, do they need proper training??

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Wiggie said:
Hey guys,

Normally when they return your proof mean positive but why they are ask you for interview list, weird. Now they send interview list almost everyone one and maybe they by random.
In my view 250 photos are lot and it can be an issue for interview. I am not sure order GCMS notes you will see. Now i thing i will be next victim for interview list hope not. Pray for me. Sended 18 photos only and call logs no other supporting couments. :( Except require documents.