+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

Lifer

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
mirjahan said:
21 months and 54% spouse approval from Singapore VO :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Jesus this is terrifying. 54% ?!?!?!?!

21 months starting when? When my application is filed? When it is received in Singapore? When they start processing?

I'm really scared that my wife and stepson will be rejected, despite us being absolutely genuine. We sent lots of good photos of us and her son and a fair number of emails, but we don't have things like shared accounts, telephone records, bank records showing money sent... we live together and I take money from my Canadian bank account via ATM once every few weeks. Everything in Thailand is in her name.

To make it worse for us, a number of things:
-she was a bar girl when I met her (I was never her customer but I doubt visa office cares).
-I have already been married and divorced once in Canada.
-we have been together only 2-3 years and applied for visa immediately after being married.
-we didn't have a big wedding ceremony as my family is unable to travel and we aren't too close with her parents so we plan to have a ceremony in Canada. We did have a little party with our friends and took photos.
-The majority of the money I saved up before coming to Thailand was made by playing poker... perfectly fair, but not really provable. It would be reasonable for the visa officers to suspect that I do something shady like deal drugs, pimp hookers, or who knows what.
-she has only a high school education, no job, would be dirt poor without a man to support her. That counted against us when we tried to visit Canada for Christmas one year.

Since we applied for immigration, we have had a daughter (now 6 months old... to think that I hoped we would be in Canada before she was born). The four of us live together (with my wife's sister and nephew as well) and in every possible way are a genuine family. I'm the only father her son has ever known. Our landlord and all the staff/many of the parents at my son's school can confirm that our relationship is genuine. We have many more photos from the time since we applied.

I'd like to get together more photos of our family, and collect statements (or something?) from the staff at my son's school, verifying that we are a real family, and send them to Singapore as further proof of our relationship. Can that be done? What's the correct procedure? Does anyone have any ideas that could be helpful?

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Lifer said:
Jesus this is terrifying. 54% ?!?!?!?!

21 months starting when? When my application is filed? When it is received in Singapore? When they start processing?

I'm really scared that my wife and stepson will be rejected, despite us being absolutely genuine. We sent lots of good photos of us and her son and a fair number of emails, but we don't have things like shared accounts, telephone records, bank records showing money sent... we live together and I take money from my Canadian bank account via ATM once every few weeks. Everything in Thailand is in her name.

To make it worse for us, a number of things:
-she was a bar girl when I met her (I was never her customer but I doubt visa office cares).
-I have already been married and divorced once in Canada.
-we have been together only 2-3 years and applied for visa immediately after being married.
-we didn't have a big wedding ceremony as my family is unable to travel and we aren't too close with her parents so we plan to have a ceremony in Canada. We did have a little party with our friends and took photos.
-The majority of the money I saved up before coming to Thailand was made by playing poker... perfectly fair, but not really provable. It would be reasonable for the visa officers to suspect that I do something shady like deal drugs, pimp hookers, or who knows what.
-she has only a high school education, no job, would be dirt poor without a man to support her. That counted against us when we tried to visit Canada for Christmas one year.

Since we applied for immigration, we have had a daughter (now 6 months old... to think that I hoped we would be in Canada before she was born). The four of us live together (with my wife's sister and nephew as well) and in every possible way are a genuine family. I'm the only father her son has ever known. Our landlord and all the staff/many of the parents at my son's school can confirm that our relationship is genuine. We have many more photos from the time since we applied.

I'd like to get together more photos of our family, and collect statements (or something?) from the staff at my son's school, verifying that we are a real family, and send them to Singapore as further proof of our relationship. Can that be done? What's the correct procedure? Does anyone have any ideas that could be helpful?
mate good points are u lived together before marriage for 2+ yrs. very positive. and u can submit more documents if u want after SG receives your file. i am also sending more proofs. good luck.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Me and my wife have been together for almost 3 years now and about 1.5 years before we applied for the PR. We have a bit of proof of actually living at the same address but it is hard as well because it was all in her name and I use a pay as you go phone from TrueMove. So I have no bills whatever connecting me to her address. But I do have a ton of letters, from university (I attended Mahidol international uni for a year), my family, etc that were sent to her address (a bunch of original packages with dates and addresses on them), which should help. I had a ton of emails making reference to our relationship between me and my mom which my mom happened to have saved and some of my mom talking to her and asking for our address with a reply. We went on a couple of out of country trips together and showed photos and pictures of passport with identical exit and entrace stamps. We have a joint account and proof of sending money before we had it.

We got our village chief and her mother to write and sign about my presence at her place with copies of the government id and government status. After I realized I should have got them notarized but have no idea how to start with that process and we don't know the village cheif well enough to take too much of his time, though everyone knows who I am because I'm the only white guy in the village.

We did not have a wedding cerimony but explained why (because it wasn't too import to us, I was a full time time student, she had a laundry business, and we didnt have much money, family being so far away, etc).

As of now we did recieve a request for a new medical (the first one has expired) along with a request for additional documents (that is when I sent the declarations from her mom and the village chief and all the letters and originakl packages.

We did the 2nd medical almost 3 months ago and are still waiting for a reply. It has also been 3 months since I get status inquiry with my MP, so I'm going to call him again and get him to do another. Last time he provided valuable information. People say that after the 2nd medical request it means we are good to go and that is the final step for the passport request, but it ahs been 3 months already with nothing again and they also sent an additional document request with the medical request so I don't know if this means they are still unsure.

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
lenardparnold said:
As of now we did recieve a request for a new medical (the first one has expired) along with a request for additional documents (that is when I sent the declarations from her mom and the village chief and all the letters and originakl packages.

We did the 2nd medical almost 3 months ago and are still waiting for a reply. It has also been 3 months since I get status inquiry with my MP, so I'm going to call him again and get him to do another. Last time he provided valuable information. People say that after the 2nd medical request it means we are good to go and that is the final step for the passport request, but it ahs been 3 months already with nothing again and they also sent an additional document request with the medical request so I don't know if this means they are still unsure.
I am very curious over the lack of consistency, when my wife was requested to do a second medical, they asked for her passport to be sent along as well. From what I can tell that's a good thing. I wonder why they asked your wife for a second medical, but no passport request.

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
This week i went to Boston to visit my family. From gas station i bought $1 mass cash lottery and i win $100,000. i got $67,000 cash after taxes.i always wanted to win lottery, but i never thought i will ever win in real life. i am really happy, but i would be more happy, if my wife got her visa instant of winning lottery.

j5huynh

Oct 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
12-01-2011
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
03-12-2011
stupidrim said:
j5huynh,
Did you play the landing fees before? or Singapore VO just asked you to pay now?
How did you pay?
I paid my landing fee when i first applied to sponsor by credit card. my case is technically still in process. we received passport request via email about a week ago. it took us a total of 8 months from date of application to passport request and still ongoing. if my file is any indication, singapore received my file on april 08, 2011, singapore is processing the april recieved files in October. i hope this helps.

j5huynh

Oct 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
12-01-2011
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
03-12-2011
doan123 said:
hey guys ...
Just want to share some of my timeline info here

I sent in my application in Jan 25ish, 2011 for sponsorship and approved on Feb 25ish, 2011
my wife PR application in turn sent to and received by singapore visa office on Mar 3, 2011
until a few days ago, it changed the status from "Application Received" to "In Process"
following the In Process link, it stated

We received xxxx's application for permanent residence on March 3, 2011.
We started processing xxxx's application on October 19, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

Iam very happy and I hope our application will go smoothly and everyone's in here as well

fingers crossed
doan, congratulations, if it says medical results have been received then they will send you passport request via email within a week or two of update. tell the sponsored person, to regularly check their email inbox including any junk mail folders. your ppr should already be sent to the email you guys registered when you sent in your application. get back to us of any news.

j5huynh

Oct 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
12-01-2011
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
03-12-2011
baobaowaiting said:
Anyone know if this means we're nearly done?

Bear in mind that ECAS was never updated to my knowledge regarding Singapore VO sending back our photos and evidence, medical request, passport request.

I am wondering if this update is to reflect on the above action.

"Permanent Residence
We received Your Wife's application for permanent residence on January 20, 2011.

We started processing Your Wife's application on August 12, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on Your Wife's application. The office will contact Your Wife concerning this decision."
That is great news, your file has been finalized. tell the sponsored person to regularly check their email (the one you registered when you applied) for emails from singapore. have you already sent in your passport? if so, you will get the approval letter with your passport and visa when they send it back to you.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
baobaowaiting said:
I am very curious over the lack of consistency, when my wife was requested to do a second medical, they asked for her passport to be sent along as well. From what I can tell that's a good thing. I wonder why they asked your wife for a second medical, but no passport request.
I am thinking the samething. Usually they ask for the 2nd medical if everything is ok. They shouldn't ask for it if they are still not sure, because what if they decided for an interview and the 2nd one expired and they asked for a 3rd one. That would be rediculous.

But if they asked for more documents this implies they are still unsure, but asking for the 2nd medical implies they are sure in most cases. Im confused. Anyways I already gave my mp the go to do a 2nd case inquirey, so we will see what they say. It's been 3 months sicne the 2nd medical and additional documents, and the last time the mp said they were going to make a desision in late september after recieving the 2nd medical.

MapleBear

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-10-2010
File Transfer...
03-11-2010
Passport Req..
17-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2011
Just to give an update on our experience with Singapore - they took nearly 9 months to open my husband's file and then they asked him to provide a UK police certificate, which took another 6 weeks or so, and by that time his medical results were about to expire. I received an email from someone in the Singapore office out of the blue asking us if we would be able to fly to Canada from Bangladesh within 4 days (before the medical results expired). We are fairly spontaneous and often willing to travel on a whim, but trying to buy tickets, pack our bags and say goodbye to family in this timeframe was pushing the envelope. So, they sent a letter requesting a second medical and that we send the passport after two weeks. We still didn't know whether my husband's application had been approved or how long it would take. But the good news is that they mailed the passport back within two weeks - and it had the visa stamp in it.

The entire process took 13 months. It took a relatively long time for them to "open" the file and then things moved quite quickly.

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
j5huynh said:
That is great news, your file has been finalized. tell the sponsored person to regularly check their email (the one you registered when you applied) for emails from singapore. have you already sent in your passport? if so, you will get the approval letter with your passport and visa when they send it back to you.
Awesome.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Strange. It took them only 6 months to open our file. And now they have been processing for 5 months. But it seems the process may be almost finished and still under the 13 months that it took you. Who knows. I think most people can agree that the date they say they start processing the file isn't the actual date, and that they take a look at the files before then. If this isn't the case then it means that they don't open the files on the first come first serve basis.

Congrats anyways and we will try to keep waiting positivly.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
MapleBear said:
Just to give an update on our experience with Singapore - they took nearly 9 months to open my husband's file and then they asked him to provide a UK police certificate, which took another 6 weeks or so, and by that time his medical results were about to expire. I received an email from someone in the Singapore office out of the blue asking us if we would be able to fly to Canada from Bangladesh within 4 days (before the medical results expired). We are fairly spontaneous and often willing to travel on a whim, but trying to buy tickets, pack our bags and say goodbye to family in this timeframe was pushing the envelope. So, they sent a letter requesting a second medical and that we send the passport after two weeks. We still didn't know whether my husband's application had been approved or how long it would take. But the good news is that they mailed the passport back within two weeks - and it had the visa stamp in it.

The entire process took 13 months. It took a relatively long time for them to "open" the file and then things moved quite quickly.
Congratulations! But I am wondering why they took 9months to open your file. Because it says 20% cases are finalized between six months and they serve fisrt comce first basis.

Cheers

May 11, 2011
Amy612 said:
Congratulations! But I am wondering why they took 9months to open your file. Because it says 20% cases are finalized between six months and they serve fisrt comce first basis.
They got my wife's file by the end of march, still shows application received and haven't heard back from them. I think it really varies from person to person and it is very unlikely (accroding to me at least) that they do first come first serve basis, and my file is a simple one, first marriage for both with ample of evidence provided. It is tough on a married life and difficult spot to be on. But can we hold singapore responsible, I guess not.

Now I don't know what people mean by opening a file? Singapore is famous for delaying process, look at the stats how they have been dealing with applications so far. 54% acceptance is nothing but too harsh, a refugee from China and/or India would immigrate 3 times faster than a spouse from countries dealth by Singapore........this is nothing but BAD LUCK!

Oct0711

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 14, 2011
Med's Request
re-med's request Nov. 22, 2012
Interview........
waived; ecas "In Process" Oct. 12, 2012
My application was sent to CPC-M the first week of October; given the fact that it's 70 days now for step 1, I don't expect it to be in Singapore until at least after the new year. Reading posts from J5huynh and some others, it's hopeful that our file might be processed by late summer or early Fall. I've also heard that Singapore has a rather high rate of interview requests, especially with applications from Vietnam. We've been married for 3 years and have a 9-month old baby girl. The baby just received her canadian citizenship certificate. We are applying for her passport.

I wonder if any of you would kindly offer your thoughts on my case regarding: 1) the possibility of a waived interview (we are ready for any interview! :) however, not having one would mean a much shorter processing time for us); 2) if you know of any similar cases in which there is a child/or children involved, and the processing time for such applications. Thanks in advance, everyone!