Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
CA_SG11 said:
Hi Guys.

I am having a problem getting the Singapore Police Certificate. Actually not a problem of securing it. It's the way they are sending it. I called Singapore Police last 12 Sept 2011 and they told me that they are sending the certificate via registered mail to the following address (as indicated on CIC SG letter):

Canada High Comission
Immigration Section
PO Box 845
Robinsons Road
Singapore 901645

I am not sure if the CIC-SG accept registered mail on this address. Anyone who has the experience getting sg police cert I would really appreciate your help.
forward this mail to CIC SG. tell them that it has been sent already.

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
By the way guys, no one seemed to have commented. But of course I might be too dense to realize. Does it look like my case is pretty much done?

Documents returned with new medical request + passport request...?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
baobaowaiting said:
By the way guys, no one seemed to have commented. But of course I might be too dense to realize. Does it look like my case is pretty much done?

When document return means case is almost done, just wait to finalize

thai/peg

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada and Trang Thailand
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bev,

My Thai husband and I did not hear a peep from Singapore, nor was the website every updated past "in progress" until we received the letter in the mail with the Passport request. This was 2 years ago but hopefully no news is good news.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
thai/peg said:
Bev,

My Thai husband and I did not hear a peep from Singapore, nor was the website every updated past "in progress" until we received the letter in the mail with the Passport request. This was 2 years ago but hopefully no news is good news.
but now , even for the sponsorship approval they r taking around 70 days.

CA_SG11

Sep 13, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2014
File Transfer...
July 2015
baobaowaiting said:

We have almost the same situation. additional documents+ppr. In my case it's sg police that is lacking. Anyway, I can get the sg police cert today. They will mail it to sg. Freaks me out that singapore police "forget" to mailed it out last September 12. My PCC sits in there for 10 days. My passport and PCC will drive in the same date. So hoping I can get my passport back in two weeks.

Good luck to to you and I hope your wf's medical goes well.

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
CA_SG11 said:
We have almost the same situation. additional documents+ppr. In my case it's sg police that is lacking. Anyway, I can get the sg police cert today. They will mail it to sg. Freaks me out that singapore police "forget" to mailed it out last September 12. My PCC sits in there for 10 days. My passport and PCC will drive in the same date. So hoping I can get my passport back in two weeks.

Good luck to to you and I hope your wf's medical goes well.
Thanks!

I hope your case is closed soon too.

Ice-tea

Aug 25, 2011
Hi suva,

My coc was sent to CHC via registered mail too. I asked Singapore police for tracking number and checked the item status at Singpost website. It was delivered within 2 working days. Hope this helps.

CA_SG11

Sep 13, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2014
File Transfer...
July 2015
Ice-tea said:
Hi suva,

My coc was sent to CHC via registered mail too. I asked Singapore police for tracking number and checked the item status at Singpost website. It was delivered within 2 working days. Hope this helps.
Hi Ice Tea.

Thanks for your reply. I have checked with Singpost and confirmed that CIC recieved my COC. I know it's a common and silly question but I submitted my passport the same time with my COC. In your case how long they send you passport back? I have to make travel arrangements the reason why. I am staying here in SG.

Thanks.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Checking in again. We sent the 2nd medical and additional documents (as they requested via mail) in early August. I noticed others recieved a request for the 2nd medical AND their passport at the same time. I'd better go back and double check the letter to make sure it didn't request for the passport as well. I'm pretty sure it didn't though. My MP said that the embassy said an offical would recieve the case to make a desision in late September. So that is now. I hope we get a passport request soon so we can get the next plane to Singapore and then to Canada.

I have a question. My wife will be able to bring her personal belongings dutyfree on her first entrance right? An immigration officer in my city told me this, but I'm not sure if I need to prepare any forms in advance. Can she just bring her passport with PR visa in it and show it at her first entrance to Canada in order to bring her computer, some electronics and clothes duty/tax free?

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
lenardparnold said:
I have a question. My wife will be able to bring her personal belongings dutyfree on her first entrance right? An immigration officer in my city told me this, but I'm not sure if I need to prepare any forms in advance. Can she just bring her passport with PR visa in it and show it at her first entrance to Canada in order to bring her computer, some electronics and clothes duty/tax free?
From the bottom of the form that came with the PPR.

Customs Rules and Importation of your Personal Belongings - You may bring your personal belongings duty-free when you immigrate. On your arrival, Canada Customs will require a list of all of the items that you are bringing into Canada. Two lists are required, one of the items that you will bring with you, and another list of any items to follow. In order to import your belongings into Canada, it is essential to ensure that any equipment, machinery or tool is completely free of soil.

Sep 26, 2011
I have no update at this point from CIC. Took help from a lawyer to be sure when applied. Even amended my last name with her name legally. Obtained passport and police verification. Celebrated year one wedding anniversary over skype recently.
From BGD. How do I request status without delaying the process?

Here's my timeline :

Medical done: 11 Nov 2010
Submitted Application: 08 Feb 2011
Approval of Sponsorship: 07 March 2011
Application Received in SG: 17 March 2011

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
I keep counting when will start my wife pr application process. Thought it will be Dec or Jan but with the current people process takes so much long. Could be mine more delay. i am so much confuse :( :( :( :(

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
I keep counting when will start my wife pr application process. Thought it will be Dec or Jan but with the current people process takes so much long. Could be mine more delay. i am so much confuse :( :( :( :(
stay strong man. cic is taking more time for everything these days. even for sponsorship approval the processing time is 73 days. so u r not the only person who is waiting for good news.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
waitingandwaiting said:
I have no update at this point from CIC. Took help from a lawyer to be sure when applied. Even amended my last name with her name legally. Obtained passport and police verification. Celebrated year one wedding anniversary over skype recently.
From BGD. How do I request status without delaying the process?

Here's my timeline :

Medical done: 11 Nov 2010
Submitted Application: 08 Feb 2011
Approval of Sponsorship: 07 March 2011
Application Received in SG: 17 March 2011
u can mail them. by the way what did you submit as proof of relationship?