AOR Received.
7-10-2013
File Transfer...
11-11-2013
meks said:
Now let see what happen on my case.
Jajak allah khair
Hi meks,
Is there any update on your case? did you get the interview date?

jennifoysol

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
04/11/2014
File Transfer...
13/10/2014
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
January 16th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Got my hubby's PPR via email today!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your application is now ready for finalization.
Please comply with the attached instruction for passport submission immediately as your visa is valid till ... and disregard the 60-day time period in the attached letter.
Your medical report is valid till ...and so is your visa. Please advise the Canada Visa Application Centre that your case is urgent due to the short visa validity period. Please notify us via email the date you despatch your passports to VAC so we can keep track. We will expedite on account of this.
We hope this information will be of assistance.

i have never seen CIC being soo direct before as they always have been soo vague!!

So whoever says that the wait is long till you hear and all the negative comments on this forum, i would tell the others who's still waiting, please don't let those negative thoughts bother you and hope for the best and if you eagerly want and wait for something and you know you are true to yourself and the relationship, it will come to you! :D :D

even the generic timeline says 31 months, but thats only when interview comes into play.. my hubby and i never believed in that..

jennifoysol

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
04/11/2014
File Transfer...
13/10/2014
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
January 16th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
fandv said:
Not trying to discourage you or anything, but when it comes to dealing with the SVO, a little patience is our friend. It took my wife 15 months (from applying to getting her visa -- and our case was a straightforward one (meaning, no issues whatsoever). Difficult cases could even take 2 years or more), and you only applied in August 2014? So at this time (Dec 2014) it's only been 4 months for you. Not saying yours will take 16 months though......just saying that it's normal that you're still seeing "Application Received" in ECAS :).
my ecas still shows app received but we got our PPR already.. and it says its an urgent.. ecas can be unstable and doesnt always show true data

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
jennifoysol said:
my ecas still shows app received but we got our PPR already.. and it says its an urgent.. ecas can be unstable and doesnt always show true data
What do you mean by "urgent"?

jennifoysol

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
04/11/2014
File Transfer...
13/10/2014
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
January 16th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hasan9999 said:
What do you mean by "urgent"?
they asked my hubby to tell the vac that its an urgent as his medical expires soon and so does his visa so the 60 days timeline to send the passport doesnt apply to him and he should send his passport immediately.

dreamtocanada_uk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/02/2014
Doc's Request.
16/08/2014
AOR Received.
07/03/2014
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Don't know
Med's Request
15/02/2015
Med's Done....
16/02/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not sure
jennifoysol said:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your application is now ready for finalization.
Please comply with the attached instruction for passport submission immediately as your visa is valid till ... and disregard the 60-day time period in the attached letter.
Your medical report is valid till ...and so is your visa. Please advise the Canada Visa Application Centre that your case is urgent due to the short visa validity period. Please notify us via email the date you despatch your passports to VAC so we can keep track. We will expedite on account of this.

i have never seen CIC being soo direct before as they always have been soo vague!!

So whoever says that the wait is long till you hear and all the negative comments on this forum, i would tell the
Cothers who's still waiting, please don't let those negative thoughts bother you and hope for the best and if you eagerly want and wait for something and you know you are true to yourself and the relationship, it will come to you! :D :D

even the generic timeline says 31 months, but thats only when interview comes into play.. my hubby and i never believed in that..
Congratulations..... My e-case status is "In Process" from 5th January/2015.But not PPR yet.How long will be take for PPR after changing status? 2nd PCC will be expired within 50 days.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
jennifoysol said:
they asked my hubby to tell the vac that its an urgent as his medical expires soon and so does his visa so the 60 days timeline to send the passport doesnt apply to him and he should send his passport immediately.
Congrats! It seems that things are moving fast for the straight forward cases.

rhtareq

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
jennifoysol said:

So whoever says that the wait is long till you hear and all the negative comments on this forum, i would tell the others who's still waiting, please don't let those negative thoughts bother you and hope for the best and if you eagerly want and wait for something and you know you are true to yourself and the relationship, it will come to you! :D :D

Congratulations! Your timeline is very close to mine. hope I'll hear soon from VO

pirates of sandvip

Jul 10, 2014
Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jennifoysol said:

Congratulation :)

jennifoysol

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
04/11/2014
File Transfer...
13/10/2014
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
January 16th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
pirates of sandvip said:
Congratulation :)
thank you! i hope you hear sth soon too.

jennifoysol

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
04/11/2014
File Transfer...
13/10/2014
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
January 16th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Tdot123 said:
Yes, now she can :) it was a bit nerve wrecking but finally got it!

Thanks everyone in this forum, people were really cooperating. I will check in time to time.
Did you guys return to Canada yet??? My hubby just submitted his passport today, but my ecas still shows app received still.. and didnt get the photos back or anything orginal yet..they asked for passport and photos immediately as his medical would expire in april..

etienbjel

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
AOR Received.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Interview........
Initially requested but waived after providing more evidence online
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
jennifoysol said:

Just, wow! That was fast. Congratulations!

etienbjel

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
AOR Received.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Interview........
Initially requested but waived after providing more evidence online
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
Anyone get a request for interview letter yet? My wife got one last week. No date set yet. I'm going to ask for the GCMS notes but would appreciate any more advice. The reasons for the interview are:

No objection letter from the child's father;
Proof of further financial support; and
Proof of ongoing relationship since submitting the application.

I have a few questions if anyone can help:

-What happens if the sponsor shows up for the interview? Does the VO let them sit in as well?
-My wife is regretting that she didn't request a translator. She's afraid she may not understand the questions properly, with English being only her 2nd language. Is it too late to request a translator?

....getting reeeeaaally nervous now.