+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore and then London (as I'm in London from 5years)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Request 16/07/14. Interview 23/07/14(London). Re-med 01/09/14
Passport Req..
23/09/14. Decision made : 20/10/14
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/14. Received : 22/10/14
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
goodman36 said:
Sorry to hear what happened. The $4000 was it in your account or your husband's? Did they ask for any other document or just sent you a refusal letter?
My heart is totally broken... :( :( :( for the damn bloody stupid waiting system...anyway yea it was in mine account. My husband shown his last 6months pay stubs and his business letter.i submitted on 06-06-2013.and the date of mine refusal letter created on 07-06-2013. All together they took 3working days.i think they made the decision without even open my file.no documents requested...shame of them..I wish they would ve live without their partners then may be they could realise our pain...

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore and then London (as I'm in London from 5years)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Request 16/07/14. Interview 23/07/14(London). Re-med 01/09/14
Passport Req..
23/09/14. Decision made : 20/10/14
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/14. Received : 22/10/14
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
I can't login my ecas....anyone have any idea!!!

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhmh, I don't know why you can't log-in into your ecas.

Anyway, 3 days seem to short period of time to make a decision on TRV.

Yes, the system is not in our favor.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone tell me, how does one know that there will be an interview? I mean, is there a way to know?

We got an e-mail in February asking only my wife's birth certificate which we sent right away. Since then there is no update. So, after the file was transferred to SVO, it has been over 8 months already. :(

tuntuni

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 march 2013
AOR Received.
17th april 2013
File Transfer...
17th april
Med's Request
february 6th
Med's Done....
20th january
Passport Req..
feb 11th and sent and recieved on march 6th by SVO decision made april 25th :D PASSPORT DISPATCHED 19TH MAY
hey goodman 36 have u tried doing gcms ? just wondering :S

samkh

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/May/2012
Doc's Request.
13/Aug/2012
Nomination.....
12/July/2013 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
24/Aug/2012
Med's Request
04/July/2013
Med's Done....
1st on 21/March/2012 & 2nd on 05/July/2013
Interview........
Waived, Ecase In Process 04/July/2013
Passport Req..
10/Oct/2013, Mail over on 07/Nov/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/Nov/2013, Decision Made 24/Nov/2013, Complete 13/De/2013
LANDED..........
13/Dec/2013
Davidsuchet said:
Latest news latest new we have to do something..........

Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

Do u think they will stop progressing of our applications ?

samkh

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/May/2012
Doc's Request.
13/Aug/2012
Nomination.....
12/July/2013 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
24/Aug/2012
Med's Request
04/July/2013
Med's Done....
1st on 21/March/2012 & 2nd on 05/July/2013
Interview........
Waived, Ecase In Process 04/July/2013
Passport Req..
10/Oct/2013, Mail over on 07/Nov/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/Nov/2013, Decision Made 24/Nov/2013, Complete 13/De/2013
LANDED..........
13/Dec/2013
Davidsuchet said:
they have already stopped :(
Since when and until when they want to continue this ?

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
CANADA'S FOREIGN SERVICE ON STRIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07 June 2013 - WHY IS CANADA'S FOREIGN SERVICE ON STRIKE?
How did we get here?

In mid-March 2013, the 1,350 members of the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers – the union which represents Canada’s non-executive diplomats – voted 82% in favour of job action to bolster our position at the bargaining table. Nearly 75% of members cast a ballot. This followed a year and a half of contract talks plagued by impasse and delay: by the time negotiations broke off in January 2013, the Treasury Board’s pay position had not moved one inch since the launch of negotiations in August 2011.

For any federal public service union, such a turnout and mandate would be remarkable. Under current fiscal and political circumstances – and given our group’s vocation to analyze key players and motivations in any negotiation, assess levers and options, and pursue an achievable course of action – this mandate is nothing short of overwhelming.

What has happened so far?

The Foreign Service entered into a legal strike position on April 2 and we initiated job action measures the same day starting with “electronic information pickets” – automatic e-mail replies informing contacts of the breakdown in contract negotiations and expressing regret for any service delay. Work-to-rule followed a week later, with FS officers refusing to do overtime, check their BlackBerries outside business hours, fill in for their bosses, or perform any tasks outside their job descriptions.

Treasury Board’s continuing failure to return to the table led to a significant escalation on May 13, when members began targeted walkouts in select missions abroad and at headquarters in Ottawa for the first time in our association’s 46-year history. New service withdrawals of escalating scope and intensity are foreseen in the weeks ahead barring a commitment from our employer to engage in a genuine discussion on our reasonable and long-festering demands.

What are the key issues?

There is only one key issue: equal pay for equal work. Foreign Service officers are subjected to a series of unfair and demoralizing wage gaps at all four levels of our pay scale compared to other federal professionals performing similar or identical work. These include economists, commerce officers, policy analysts, and lawyers. Often these employees work right next to us in neighbouring cubicles – not only in Ottawa but increasingly abroad as well. As of June 2013, gaps will range from a minimum of $3,000 at the FS-03 level all the way up to $14,000 per year for FS-02s. We were prevented from addressing them in the last round of bargaining in 2009 when the Government circumvented collective bargaining and imposed wages through legislation.

The FS group is simply looking to catch up to what these workers have been granted in their own contract negotiations with Treasury Board. While some of these gaps are recent, others have persisted for eight years and long predate not only current fiscal circumstances but even the current Government. The result is that, over the last few years, diplomats are cumulatively out of pocket thousands – and in some cases, tens of thousands – of dollars compared to their professional colleagues.

At the same time, these other workers don’t face the same personal or career challenges that we do. Our families must regularly move homes, our children must constantly change schools, our spouses must quit their jobs, we risk our safety and health in hazardous environments, and we miss countless birthdays and other special moments with friends and family while living for months or years at a time in war zones and disaster areas.

What is the solution?

Foreign Service officers recognize that in these tough economic times, everyone must do their part. Diplomats are no exception. But we have done our part. We have accepted the Government’s two key demands: wage increases of 1.5% per year (well below average national wage growth and inflation) and the elimination of severance pay on retirement and resignation (in effect a 2% annual pay cut).

In exchange, we have simply asked that the maximum pay at each level of the FS group be lifted one increment in the third and final year of the contract – except at the FS-02 level, where the gap is so large that it would require three additional increments, one in each year of the contract. The total bill for these adjustments would be less than 2.5% of the total FS payroll in the third and most expensive year.

Anything to add?

In launching job action, we are not trying to embarrass the Government or undermine the Cabinet ministers we serve. Challenging our employer in such a public way goes against our very nature as diplomats and dedicated professionals.

Our goal is simple: to have Treasury Board recognize the real value of the high-quality work we perform, often under difficult circumstances, in delivering on the Government’s international priorities. Ultimately, we want them to agree that basic fairness – a fundamental Canadian value that our members promote abroad every day – dictates that we be paid at least the same as those performing the same work.

After eight years of seeing the can kicked down the road by our employer, the Foreign Service has declared resoundingly that the time has come to insist on a fair deal. Canada’s face and frontline abroad deserves nothing less.

Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers - May 2013

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
D.N.A request 29/5/2013- D.N.A result 10/9/2013
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
Re: CANADA'S FOREIGN SERVICE ON STRIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i also read d news many days ago, but i didnt bother as i thought its only confined in canada not singapore.........omg, when this strike will b stopped? i shoould hv got my d.n.a test request many days ago, still no news..hope they will stop d strike soon. :'(

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
Canada's Foreign Service Officers walk off job in Ottawa and around the world
OTTAWA, June 6, 2013 /CNW/ - The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO), representing Canada's 1,350 non-executive diplomats, staged a mass walk out in Ottawa today and at posts around the world, protesting the Government of Canada's unwillingness to engage meaningfully at the negotiating table.

As part of a coordinated escalation of service withdrawals, over 400 Foreign Service officers based at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade headquarters in the National Capital Region left their positions this afternoon, joining members at twelve other missions worldwide who had walked out earlier in the day.

"After nearly two years of negotiations and a four-month hiatus in talks, the Government returned to the table with the same position they presented back in the fall of 2011," says Tim Edwards, PAFSO President.

"The Government's unwillingness to compromise is an affront to the principles of free and fair bargaining, and to the tremendous value and dedication Foreign Service Officers offer to Canadians and their elected representatives."

The primary issue at hand remains PAFSO's request for equal pay for equal work. Specifically, the union is seeking wage adjustments to keep Foreign Service Officer pay in line with comparable employment groups in the federal government.

"We've made concessions to address their concerns in the current economic climate. But they still seem intent on punishing some of our less senior diplomats, who earn up to $14,000 less than those doing the same work in Ottawa," says Edwards.

At several posts around the world, Canada's political, trade and immigration officers will not be reporting to work until further notice. This includes some of Canada's largest and most important embassies and high commissions overseas. Affected Canadian offices abroad include: London, Paris, Tokyo, Tel Aviv, Ramallah, Dublin, Hong Kong, and Canada's delegation to the European Union.

All Foreign Service immigration officers in Beijing, Shanghai, Delhi and Chandigarh have also walked off the job, which will severely reduce the pace and volume of visa and immigration processing for applicants from China and India.

SOURCE: Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO)

For further information:
Frederic Fournier
media@pafso-apase.com
+1-613-790-5402

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
diyabrar said:
Canada's Foreign Service Officers walk off job in Ottawa and around the world
OTTAWA, June 6, 2013 /CNW/ - The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO), representing Canada's 1,350 non-executive diplomats, staged a mass walk out in Ottawa today and at posts around the world, protesting the Government of Canada's unwillingness to engage meaningfully at the negotiating table.

As part of a coordinated escalation of service withdrawals, over 400 Foreign Service officers based at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade headquarters in the National Capital Region left their positions this afternoon, joining members at twelve other missions worldwide who had walked out earlier in the day.

"After nearly two years of negotiations and a four-month hiatus in talks, the Government returned to the table with the same position they presented back in the fall of 2011," says Tim Edwards, PAFSO President.

"The Government's unwillingness to compromise is an affront to the principles of free and fair bargaining, and to the tremendous value and dedication Foreign Service Officers offer to Canadians and their elected representatives."

The primary issue at hand remains PAFSO's request for equal pay for equal work. Specifically, the union is seeking wage adjustments to keep Foreign Service Officer pay in line with comparable employment groups in the federal government.

"We've made concessions to address their concerns in the current economic climate. But they still seem intent on punishing some of our less senior diplomats, who earn up to $14,000 less than those doing the same work in Ottawa," says Edwards.

At several posts around the world, Canada's political, trade and immigration officers will not be reporting to work until further notice. This includes some of Canada's largest and most important embassies and high commissions overseas. Affected Canadian offices abroad include: London, Paris, Tokyo, Tel Aviv, Ramallah, Dublin, Hong Kong, and Canada's delegation to the European Union.

All Foreign Service immigration officers in Beijing, Shanghai, Delhi and Chandigarh have also walked off the job, which will severely reduce the pace and volume of visa and immigration processing for applicants from China and India.

SOURCE: Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO)

For further information:
Frederic Fournier
media @ pafso-apase.com
+1-613-790-5402
I POSTED THIS TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW THAT SINGAPORE OFFICE IS NOT AFFECTED

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........