+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Simples Questions About Immigration

Geaper

Aug 22, 2014
Hello.
I am a 22 years old guy from Portugal. I was thinking about going to Canada in 2 years after I finish my Master's Degree in Electronics. My uncles lives there and I think he could help me in the first weeks or so.

Canada looks an amazing country to live. Very peaceful and with low unemployment rates.

Do you know if it's too hard and expensive for a Master's Student who never worked in a real job to immigrate to Canada?
Should I think about other countries?
What should I do before immigrate? Get a job offer?

Thanks in advance. I dont know anything about this topic.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's generally extremely difficult to immigrate to Canada without any work experience - even if you have a job offer in Canada.

If you are serious about moving to Canada, you should gain at least one year of paid and full-time work experience first (preferably related to your degree).

Good luck.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get some work experience first and check if your country has a working holiday program agreement with Canada. If you get that, it is a one year open work permit that can help you get your foot in the door with an employer. After getting to Canada, you would need to find a skilled job as fast as possible in order to maximize your chances to qualify to apply for permanent residency. There are various ways to do it, such as applying through a provincial nominee program for example but for the most part, you need a job offer and it needs to be a skilled job.

If your country doesn't have a working holiday program agreement, then you would need a work permit and you can not get a work permit unless you find an employer who applies for you and proves that they have advertised the job and found no qualified Canadians or PR's that wanted it. Then you can get a work permit.

javedpasha

Aug 28, 2014
hello,
my student visa application was Refused last month,saying that u wont leave canada after completing of ur studies,ur travel history is limited,ur family ties in canada.....anybody can advise me that how can i satisfy visa officer.....shall i re-apply it r not?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
javedpasha said:
hello,
my student visa application was Refused last month,saying that u wont leave canada after completing of ur studies,ur travel history is limited,ur family ties in canada.....anybody can advise me that how can i satisfy visa officer.....shall i re-apply it r not?
Try posting to the International Students section of the forum.

singhabhishek251

Jun 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering how do they get to access that someone after completing his study will not leave Canada?