+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling points using COPR

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Please has anyone successfully used a signed COPR instead of PR card to claim siblings 15 points of late. My brother in-law landed last week. I have heard people say signed COPR is fine, and I want to be sure nobody was rejected because of this.
So your sister landed as well given obviously a brother in law is not a sibling ?

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
I m in same situation.did u get solution at that time .please let me know.thank u.due to COVID ma sister in law dint receive PR card but I already claimed 15 point .
There are three proofs required for your sibling status points

1. Proof of relationship
2. Proof of Residing in Canada
3. Proof of Status in Canada.

All three are required. A PR card or a signed and stamped COPR (IMM 5292 OR IMM 5688) after you've landed are both valid proofs of status as a PR and both would work for #3.

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
First you can't claim points for a sister in law it must be your sister but in order to claim your relative needs to already be a PR.
It clearly mentioned that you n your spouse’s brother sister should be on PR status as he is coming with me .so I can claim for this points.
Ma sister in law got PR in July 2020 but dint not go for country in out due to COVID restrictions. After tht in July she applied for PR card which she did not receive yet.in tht case can I use copr .
Tht ws the my question.
I can explain the situation too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It clearly mentioned that you n your spouse’s brother sister should be on PR status as he is coming with me .so I can claim for this points.
Ma sister in law got PR in July 2020 but dint not go for country in out due to COVID restrictions. After tht in July she applied for PR card which she did not receive yet.in tht case can I use copr .
Tht ws the my question.
I can explain the situation too.
No you can’t use COPR. She is not a landed immigrant. If she doesn’t live in Canada you can’t claim the sibling points.
To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having

• a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for the Federal Skilled Worker Program adaptability points);
  • an adult brother or sister who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada (for additional CRS points).

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
No you can’t use COPR. She is not a landed immigrant. If she doesn’t live in Canada you can’t claim the sibling points.
To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having

• a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for the Federal Skilled Worker Program adaptability points);
  • an adult brother or sister who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada (for additional CRS points).
She is here in Canada .living here from last two years.got her PR but not PR card yet.just due to COVID she did not go to border due to restrictions.evn immigration said that copr document valid for one year of u don’t get ur PR card.

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
She is here in Canada .living here from last two years.got her PR but not PR card yet.just due to COVID she did not go to border due to restrictions.evn immigration said that copr document valid for one year of u don’t get ur PR card.
Then you are good to go mate. As long as you have any documents prove that your sibling is living in Ca. COPR is fine since she is already an inland.