+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I stay or should I go...?

Emily

Apr 25, 2008
Im an american citizen, I went to school out here for a year at a technical college. I was here for two years and loved it out here (B.C) Ive been here quite often since, for long periods at a time. I have a job offer and have just sent out my LMO application.
Am I ok to be here in Canada until we hear back for the approval?
I have applied for a visa before but was denied because the wage i was to be making was not enough...nothing came about that because i decided not to work for that business. is this going to affect my most recent application for an LMO?

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
If you are an international student in Canada. You can apply for open work permit (post graduation work permit) within 90 days of receiving confirmation of your degree. This does not require any job offer and if you are successful it will allow you to stay for 3 years (this is the recent changes in Immigration laws for international students). Refer to CIC website for details.

THANKS

Emily

Apr 25, 2008
The thing is, my student visa expired a while ago. I guess from here i have to start from scratch with obtaining a new visa. If I receive a positive LMO, can i go to the border to get my work visa while im here in Canada? Do i have to be in the states while my LMO is being processed?