+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should express entry take over 18 months and counting?

Jane13

Apr 17, 2020
My visa office is Accra vo. My AOR was May 2019 and there's been no activity on my application since then. My medicals expired April 2020 and I wrote them but I was told the immigration officer hasn't asked for re-medicals. Does it mean my application would be denied or what? Because I was specifically told multiple times that the officer hadn't requested for another medicals so I didn't want to waste money. Recently I read a post about medicals being a forced activity, so I wanted to go ahead and do it anyway but my account was updated to say I don't medicals at this time but would be contacted if that changes meanwhile it was reading medicals passed but expired before. I really don't know what to do, other people that submitted months after me have received PPR and my gcms notes basically has no activity since June 2019. Has anyone experienced this? Can it still be called express entry if it has taken three times the normal processing time and still counting. What do you advise me to do? I appreciate your input. Thanks