United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
1)Does anyone know what is the process to get PCC from Sharjah?
2) I live in Sharjah but work in dubai, can i get the PCC from Dubai or Sharjah is a must?

Please advise!.

Regards

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
I'm also looking for the same answer! I live in Sharjah and work in Sharjah as well.

Sharjah's process is a bit complicated. I got a PCC through this link which is a soft copy issued by the UAE Ministry of Interior:

https://www.moi.gov.ae/en/eservices/issuance.clearcriminalrecord.certificate.348.aspx

Is it suitable to be submitted?
I applied online at the sharjah police website but its been 2 days and no reply. Dubai is much faster so would prefer getting from there..

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I applied online at the sharjah police website but its been 2 days and no reply. Dubai is much faster so would prefer getting from there..
You might have to go show your emirates id to any police station, that's what i had to do when i applied online, mine was in Dubai though. Would assume it would be the same PCC for UAE. You can try going to the Dubai Police Headquarters they issue police clearance there in person ie hard copy, probably you can talk to them to get more info.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, to get Sharjah PCC, your visa has to be from Sharjah. If your visa is from any other Emirate, then there is a 99% chance that the system won't accept your request. To get a Sharjah PCC, you have to apply online at their website. You have to also state where do you want to collect the PCC from once it is ready. On successful application, you will receive an SMS from Sharjah Police. After 2 days (average processing time) you will receive another SMS regarding collection. Sharjah PCC is much cheaper than Dubai and you get a signed and stamped hard copy certificate unlike Dubai.

Reactions: hassaan_anwar

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Hi all, to get Sharjah PCC, your visa has to be from Sharjah. If your visa is from any other Emirate, then there is a 99% chance that the system won't accept your request. To get a Sharjah PCC, you have to apply online at their website. You have to also state where do you want to collect the PCC from once it is ready. On successful application, you will receive an SMS from Sharjah Police. After 2 days (average processing time) you will receive another SMS regarding collection. Sharjah PCC is much cheaper than Dubai and you get a signed and stamped hard copy certificate unlike Dubai.

My visa is from Dubai but i live in Sharjah, i did apply on sharjah website but its been 3 weeks now and no reply. I will check with the Sharjah Police HQ but if it doesnt work out then im applying from Dubai

Rich03

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
You might have to go show your emirates id to any police station, that's what i had to do when i applied online, mine was in Dubai though. Would assume it would be the same PCC for UAE. You can try going to the Dubai Police Headquarters they issue police clearance there in person ie hard copy, probably you can talk to them to get more info.
I got mine from a Dubai Police station, they wouldn't give me a hard copy, they said they will only email a soft copy. Will CIC accept the PDF soft copy?

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Last edited:

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
My visa is from Dubai but i live in Sharjah, i did apply on sharjah website but its been 3 weeks now and no reply. I will check with the Sharjah Police HQ but if it doesnt work out then im applying from Dubai
I was wondering the same - whether I should have obtained both Dubai and Sharjah PCC because of attending university in Sharjah. I'd already submitted my application and so I almost panicked. The good news is a PCC from ANY one emirate would suffice. Read here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/united-arab-emirates.asp#spec

agentsophy

Apr 26, 2017
My husband applied via the MOI app for sharjah...and I got mine from Dubai through the dubai police website. I had to however verify my id card at a police station and got it done immediately. I got a copy via email and so did my husband, we have used that and I believe it should be accepted....has anyone gotten rejected for this? I mean that's silly because UAE now has everything digitalised!

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband applied via the MOI app for sharjah...and I got mine from Dubai through the dubai police website. I had to however verify my id card at a police station and got it done immediately. I got a copy via email and so did my husband, we have used that and I believe it should be accepted....has anyone gotten rejected for this? I mean that's silly because UAE now has everything digitalised!
Sharjah still gives out paper PCCs. However, Dubai has completely switched to digital and yes, it is acceptable by CIC

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you receive SMS confirmation as soon as you applied the PCC. If not, then your application didn't go through. If you have a Dubai visa and are applying for PCC on Sharjah police website then it won't even give you an error page but the application won't go through. It is best to apply from Dubai if you have Dubai visa

Reactions: hassaan_anwar

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......