Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
if I flagpole and the officer refuses to process my application(as ive seen situations like these on this forum), will my online application still be under processing or will that be rejected?

also which border did u guys go to for flagpoling?

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
if I flagpole and the officer refuses to process my application(as ive seen situations like these on this forum), will my online application still be under processing or will that be rejected?

also which border did u guys go to for flagpoling?
If the officer refuses to process your flagpoling application at the border, it will not have an impact on your application. However, all my friends (about 6) were successfully able to do flagpoling for coop permit. No one was refused.

We all went to Rainbow Bridge Niagara at different times. They accept application for flagpoling only on Tues, Wed and Thurs.

Just make sure you reach there by 7.30 and finish crossing the border by 7.50am. The flagpoling applications start at 8, and by 8.10am they stop accepting applications at Rainbow Bridge.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
If the officer refuses to process your flagpoling application at the border, it will not have an impact on your application. However, all my friends (about 6) were successfully able to do flagpoling for coop permit. No one was refused.

We all went to Rainbow Bridge Niagara at different times. They accept application for flagpoling only on Tues, Wed and Thurs.

Just make sure you reach there by 7.30 and finish crossing the border by 7.50am. The flagpoling applications start at 8, and by 8.10am they stop accepting applications at Rainbow Bridge.
Do I have to go at those times or can I go in the evening? Also how did you get to the other side or border, I mean how does it work? I dont have a car so I cant drive. Even if i get a friend to drive me, do i just turn around before US bridge?

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Do I have to go at those times or can I go in the evening? Also how did you get to the other side or border, I mean how does it work? I dont have a car so I cant drive. Even if i get a friend to drive me, do i just turn around before US bridge?
As I mentioned yes you have to go at those times at Rainbow Bridge in Niagara. I don’t know about other bridges/borders.

You don’t need a car if you are going to Rainbow Bridge as you can cross the border on foot. You can just walk on foot from Canada to US border, as you reach US around that time, they will ask if you are flagpoling, say yes and they will give you an administrative refusal slip happily and send you back!

Robelie

Apr 30, 2019
Hi, IM new here but needing all your INFO s and advises....please
Me and my husband were from the Philippines, we enter Canada as Tourist with a visitor SINGLE ENTRY visa expired last december 2018. BUT we got a status Extension valid until november 2019. WE DONT HAVE A US VISA. My husband got a job offer with a possitive LMIA.

Questions:
1. Is he allowed to apply for his work permit at the Port of Entry using Flagpole application? Or he needs to Go back to the Philippines and apply there for a work permit?
2. IF we Will be applying at the border, are we allowed to re enter Canada since our visa was expired but with valid status of stay and we are single entry?
3. Can we process together the work permit for my husband and my open work permit at the POE?
4. Does Flagpoling a good idea for US?

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018

Hi Guys,

What If they refuse to process your application? Will that consider as a visa rejection? No right ? Because they didn't even process application. Just worried.

nauman25

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Hi

Hi,
i will be very thankful if you reply me and solve my query, my WP application has been approved on 22 may, and they have mailed me my work permit, i m just waiting to receive my that mail.
my question is after getting work permit document, do i still need to do flagpoling and enter again, even though i will have work permit document.

nauman25

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Me and my husband were from the Philippines, we enter Canada as Tourist with a visitor SINGLE ENTRY visa expired last december 2018. BUT we got a status Extension valid until november 2019. WE DONT HAVE A US VISA. My husband got a job offer with a possitive LMIA.

Questions:
1. Is he allowed to apply for his work permit at the Port of Entry using Flagpole application? Or he needs to Go back to the Philippines and apply there for a work permit?
2. IF we Will be applying at the border, are we allowed to re enter Canada since our visa was expired but with valid status of stay and we are single entry?
3. Can we process together the work permit for my husband and my open work permit at the POE?
no you cannot, as much as i know

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi

Hi,
i will be very thankful if you reply me and solve my query, my WP application has been approved on 22 may, and they have mailed me my work permit, i m just waiting to receive my that mail.
my question is after getting work permit document, do i still need to do flagpoling and enter again, even though i will have work permit document.
I had applied for coop work permit not the regular one. I am not sure about the process involving work permit.

That being said, I am curious why do you think you need to flagpole if the application is already processed for work permit? As far as I know, only when your PR gets approved you are required to cross borders.

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

What If they refuse to process your application? Will that consider as a visa rejection? No right ? Because they didn't even process application. Just worried.
No it’s not a big deal. If they feel you do not have sufficient documents they will not enter your name in the system. Its all manual there, we did not even have to submit the application form.

PS: as long as all documents are fine, you should not be rejected.

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018

Questions:

Questions:
1. If you are applying for a Canada Work Permit then yes, you can make the application by flagpoling. But only at certain places. You check my post above for the details, I did it on rainbow bridge-Niagara. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VALID VISA TO ENTER CANADA.

2. You do not need a US visa for flagpoling as you are not actually entering US. The US immigrantion just hands you over a document that proves you’ve flagpoled.

3. Not sure about open work permit. They usually only process flagpole application if your application is solid, and requires to be processed urgently. If not, they might ask you to apply online instead.

4. I did not understand your last question.

nauman25

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
I had applied for coop work permit not the regular one. I am not sure about the process involving work permit.

That being said, I am curious why do you think you need to flagpole if the application is already processed for work permit? As far as I know, only when your PR gets approved you are required to cross borders.
then what is flagpole for, i came to Canada as a visitor, applied for WP, which has been approved and now they have mailed me my work permit, so i dont need flagpoling? my status is no more visitor ?