+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<< September 2023 AOR >>>>>

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
AOR 6 September
6 October Application rejected as incomplete.

Letter states

The Police certificate from United Arab Emirates was issued prior to your spouse’s last residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on 2023/07/18. His last residence in this country was 2023/08/28.

He left to India to get his Canadian residence visa stamped as we had applied for him from Indian VO. He is back in U.A.E since 3 Oct and yet to cancel his U.A.E residence as of writing this post.

He is booked to land in Canada on 17 Oct. So he is still a U.A.E resident. The PCC is valid until 16 October.

Can I challenge this? A country of residence PCC we can provide while we still continue to live there, isn't it? Is the visa officer correct in this assessment? Did we mess up?

Thanks for your inputs.
As others suggested, you can appeal, no harm in that. But the output is likely that they won't consider your appeal. Fwiw, in past threads I used to add a resource specific comment about this issue: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-aor-2023-thread.809527/post-10528524 (#2 point).

Best of luck for the next time :)

Reactions: priyapkai

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
As others suggested, you can appeal, no harm in that. But the output is likely that they won't consider your appeal. Fwiw, in past threads I used to add a resource specific comment about this issue: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-aor-2023-thread.809527/post-10528524 (#2 point).

Best of luck for the next time :)
Hi, the PCC was in colour. That was not the issue. They talked about it being dated July and he continued to stay until August. That's his country of residence. He doesn't need to provide a PCC after leaving. He has to stay somewhere. The visa officer seems to have made an assumption that he left UAE after getting Canadian residence visa and remained in India to come to Canada. I have checked elsewhere and this hasn't happened to anyone.

I will appeal after checking if I haven't made any errors in my submission in this regard. Thank you.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi, the PCC was in colour. That was not the issue. They talked about it being dated July and he continued to stay until August. That's his country of residence. He doesn't need to provide a PCC after leaving. He has to stay somewhere. The visa officer seems to have made an assumption that he left UAE after getting Canadian residence visa and remained in India to come to Canada. I have checked elsewhere and this hasn't happened to anyone.

I will appeal after checking if I haven't made any errors in my submission in this regard. Thank you.
Wasn't talking about the color of PCC, was rather talking about how sensitive+broad the topic of PCC really is :)

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Wasn't talking about the color of PCC, was rather talking about how sensitive+broad the topic of PCC really is :)
Ah okay. Yes, Criminality is a big issue. So, that's probably not easy to appeal. If he shouldn't have travelled before I applied, then I have no case. I have an appointment with an Immigration consultant tomorrow to find out. I already have the feeling nothing can be done but to wait for the next ITA.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Ah okay. Yes, Criminality is a big issue. So, that's probably not easy to appeal. If he shouldn't have travelled before I applied, then I have no case. I have an appointment with an Immigration consultant tomorrow to find out. I already have the feeling nothing can be done but to wait for the next ITA.
It honestly sucks that they don't give someone an option here as these rules are pretty unclear and the only way we learn about them is through past cases. I hope you get another ITA pretty soon.

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
It honestly sucks that they don't give someone an option here as these rules are pretty unclear and the only way we learn about them is through past cases. I hope you get another ITA pretty soon.
Thanks for the support. I really feel that the visa officer just does things on their own whims.
It's a crushing feeling to lose the ITA and be back in the pool waiting for the elusive ITA all over again :(

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I'm pretty sure you'll get your ITA soon, and I will be here to celebrate your PPR :)
Thank you again. FYI, I checked with a RCIC consultant and he agrees that this is a mistake from Visa Officer. Residence country police certificate remains valid regardless of travel. I'm filing an appeal.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you again. FYI, I checked with a RCIC consultant and he agrees that this is a mistake from Visa Officer. Residence country police certificate remains valid regardless of travel. I'm filing an appeal.
Yikes! I missed this line:
>He left to India to get his Canadian residence visa stamped as we had applied for him from Indian VO. He is back in U.A.E since 3 Oct and yet to cancel his U.A.E residence as of writing this post.

This would only be a problem if it was pre-AOR. Seems like he travelled to get his visa stamped, which isn't the same. You'll get your PPR. I don't know why and how an officer can make such a mistake.

wafaaawad

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019

Can you help me to understand if we are in same boat, so i try to send webform to ircc.

My husband pcc issued on September 27 , we submitted the file on October 7th, his residency expired on September 28 but we are in process to renew as we have one month validity in UAE.

That may lead to rejection?
File under process

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
You have not travelled outside UAE, so I dont think its a problem. My husband travelled. This confused them thinking he cancelled his visa when he had not in fact.

• Love
Reactions: wafaaawad

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Can you help me to understand if we are in same boat, so i try to send webform to ircc.

My husband pcc issued on September 27 , we submitted the file on October 7th, his residency expired on September 28 but we are in process to renew as we have one month validity in UAE.

That may lead to rejection?
File under process
Anything VISA related changes post AOR don't lead to rejection. OP's case is IRCC's officer getting confused between travel after ITA before AOR with pre-dated PCC(when infact that wasn't even the case). You should be okay.