Maan1

Apr 12, 2023
Just sharing as an update after calling IRCC:

Eligibility:
not started on tracker, but agent told its Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started.

Visa office: RROC (Primary) and CIO (Secondary)

Overall timeline:

ITA: July 06
AOR: September 01
MEP/BIL/UCI: September 27

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
AOR 6 September
6 October Application rejected as incomplete.

Letter states

The Police certificate from United Arab Emirates was issued prior to your spouse’s last residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on 2023/07/18. His last residence in this country was 2023/08/28.

He left to India to get his Canadian residence visa stamped as we had applied for him from Indian VO. He is back in U.A.E since 3 Oct and yet to cancel his U.A.E residence as of writing this post.

He is booked to land in Canada on 17 Oct. So he is still a U.A.E resident. The PCC is valid until 16 October.

Can I challenge this? A country of residence PCC we can provide while we still continue to live there, isn't it? Is the visa officer correct in this assessment? Did we mess up?

Thanks for your inputs.

nofearamk

Star Member
May 15, 2023
AOR 6 September
6 October Application rejected as incomplete.

Letter states

The Police certificate from United Arab Emirates was issued prior to your spouse’s last residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on 2023/07/18. His last residence in this country was 2023/08/28.

He left to India to get his Canadian residence visa stamped as we had applied for him from Indian VO. He is back in U.A.E since 3 Oct and yet to cancel his U.A.E residence as of writing this post.

He is booked to land in Canada on 17 Oct. So he is still a U.A.E resident. The PCC is valid until 16 October.

Can I challenge this? A country of residence PCC we can provide while we still continue to live there, isn't it? Is the visa officer correct in this assessment? Did we mess up?

Thanks for your inputs.
Did you applied PR from India?

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Did you applied PR from India?
I am in Canada since June on work permit. I applied from here. My family is in Dubai and are approved as my dependants. My daughter with study permit and husband with SOWP. They submitted their visa applications (biometric, medical) in India as they were there on vacation there for a wedding.

So he travelled back from Dubai to India on 28 August for visa stamping. That`s how they know he travelled. He submitted the passport to the consulate in Bangalore. In travel history, I didn't mention home country travels.

Maybe they think he left UAE for good on 28 August when he went to stamp Canada visa in India (his Canadia visa approved on 15 Aug).
I submitted EE application on 6 Sept. After stamping he went back to Dubai to cancel his visa and wind up and his Dubai visa still valid and is being cancelled only next week. The Dubai PCC is also valid until 16 October.

Could I write a letter explaining these things and produce a new PCC after he leaves UAE?

nofearamk

Star Member
May 15, 2023
Your husband should have submitted his documents/application first before leaving for India. You can appeal this decision but it's always advisable to submit application before traveling. Since India is his country of origin, the officer might have thought he went back for good but his UAE PCC got issued before he left. There's a slight confusion here but always submit before traveling.

Reactions: priyapkai

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Your husband should have submitted his documents/application first before leaving for India. You can appeal this decision but it's always advisable to submit application before traveling. Since India is his country of origin, the officer might have thought he went back for good but his UAE PCC got issued before he left. There's a slight confusion here but always submit before traveling.
Agreed, I read that we can appeal decisions within 15 days. If we take a new PCC for him now and explain in a letter that he was still holding UAE residency and reentered UAE after the EE application was submitted? His residency in UAE valid till date and is only being cancelled next week. So, being a resident of the country, he doesnt need to wait till after leaving to get PCC. So the July dated PCC at the time of EE application submission is not incorrect, as he was still resident and reason for travel to India was to get the Canadian visa stamped.

Do you guys think that they would reconsider or it doesn't hold ground?

Rjsm15

Aug 19, 2018
FSW - Outland - Single Applicant
ITA - July 5, 2023
AOR - September 1, 2023
ADR - September 28, 2023 (Additional Family Information)
Medical Exam Passed - September 29, 2023
ADR Sent - October 2, 2023 (Additional Family Information Sent)
Biometrics Collection Letter - October 3, 2023
Biometrics Completed - October 4, 2023
Eligibility Completed in Tracker but not in GCKEY - October 6, 2023
Background Check - In progress