+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

yourr.grace

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Guys, sorry for off topic post here.
Can one go to india and come back to canada on a PR card which has less than 6 months expiry?
My pr card expires in May 2023 (this year) and i am planning to visit india in april and come back before may. kindly guide.

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
Reactions: naz-y

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Tbh it will depend on your address then. For example my address is in Scarborough so it went to that office. Someone from north york or Mississauga will have their file send to Mississauga office. So all depends on the city you use in your address.

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Tbh it will depend on your address then. For example my address is in Scarborough so it went to that office. Someone from north york or Mississauga will have their file send to Mississauga office. So all depends on the city you use in your address.
I'm from north york but they sent my application.From people in this thread, It seems Mississauga office is faster.

Reactions: Sandy.gal

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Guys, sorry for off topic post here.
Can one go to india and come back to canada on a PR card which has less than 6 months expiry?
My pr card expires in May 2023 (this year) and i am planning to visit india in april and come back before may. kindly guide.
Yes, you can enter Canada by air up to and including the expiry date of your PR Card. Make sure your passport is valid. Also, do not risk it till the last couple of days and give your self some buffer. Given the number of issues with airlines such as missed connections and delays you want to land in Canada well before expiry.

You can also renew your PR card. Keep in mind the processing times and remember your old PR card is invalid for travel 60 days after the new card is printed and issued. So if you are returning after this 60 day window, you'll need someone in Canada to send you your new PR Card

Do what is best so you are not stuck outside Canada and are forced to apply for a PRTD to return

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
No update since you took the test? I took the test on Jan 24th and waiting since then, no update yet.
yep, took the test on the 16th, and there have been no updates at all. still stays "waiting on you for the test".

amontella

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
yep, took the test on the 16th, and there have been no updates at all. still stays "waiting on you for the test".
Ugh, I wonder what's up with the Vancouver office it seems it hasn't been clearing tests in at least 2 weeks... maybe they update them in batches or something, hope your status updates soon!

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Ugh, I wonder what's up with the Vancouver office it seems it hasn't been clearing tests in at least 2 weeks... maybe they update them in batches or something, hope your status updates soon!
Vancouver Office is always behind. I applied in Oct 2021 and I got my test invite in Jan 2023. And still, I have to wait for them to complete the process and God knows how long that would take. It is such a shame that they don't have a proper and efficient system to process the applications.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
can you please share your timeline?
its in my signature, here goes....

Citizenship Journey....
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: different for me n family; me = 1,374, family = 1,429
Application: Family (4 = 2 adults, 2 minors)
Delivered: 08Sep2022 | AOR: 15Sep2022 | In progress: 16Sep2022
BG: 22Dec2022
Test invite received: 12Jan2023, Passed: 17Jan2023
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions: Completed 19Jan2023 | Decision made in ECAS: 20Jan2023
Citizenship ceremony: Invite received 31Jan2023, Oath date 06Feb2023

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
They don't send anything via mail except for your citizenship certificate at the end. Check on ECAS if your address got updated! You will need your application number and UCI# for that.
It takes 15 days for the new address to be updated . It showed up on my ECAS but I am not sure how it works for online application. They sent everything by email after the AOR. Nothing my regular mail for me
Thank you so much! We still cannot log into ECAS - we tried every possible variant of his last name spelling, UCI, application number - nothing. We also tried calling IRCC several times, but couldn't get through. I guess we just have to hope it's updated.
Thanks again!

Reactions: sdharan21

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
My BG completed on Jan 6th (Updated in the tracker on Jan 10th). No updates after that. No test invitation yet. Anyone in the same boat ? I live in Mississauga .
Same date of BG completion for my husband. We're in Toronto and no test invite yet either.

Reactions: Greyson