+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

newbee2391

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hey Guys,
Please help. My husband and I got married April 2018 in India. I have now gathered all necessary documents for his outland application and About to send it out.

But looking at some of the INLAND Application forums, I am thinking differently. I am wondering if I should apply for his visitor visa instead and once he comes here to apply for his OWP and inland sponsorship application.

My whole idea behind thinking differently is because he could be with me sooner if his visitor visa gets approved rather than waiting a year apart while his OUTLAND application is in process.

Please advice.

TIA

Reactions: JackMa

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hey Guys,
Please help. My husband and I got married April 2018 in India. I have now gathered all necessary documents for his outland application and About to send it out.

But looking at some of the INLAND Application forums, I am thinking differently. I am wondering if I should apply for his visitor visa instead and once he comes here to apply for his OWP and inland sponsorship application.

My whole idea behind thinking differently is because he could be with me sooner if his visitor visa gets approved rather than waiting a year apart while his OUTLAND application is in process.

Please advice.

TIA

Yes !! it is recommended to apply his vistor visa and then OWP after landing. As your marriage is new , Apply his inland PR after a while. It is just a advice.

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
We've got our AOR at my husband's (sponsor) email around 5h30am (Vancouver time).
Application sent with OWP, PCC, Schedule A, Medical Exams Upfront
App. sent: 26th September
App. received: 28th September
AOR: 20th October

I already have linked my application at MyCIC and it shows I passed the medical exam.
On ECAS it shows they started to process on October 19th :)
Now waiting for OWP! ;)
____

Last edited:

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
I am trying to link my application. I logged-in in my husband's CIC account then placed the application number and all my details but it doesn't work. I tried five times and reached the limits for a day. Any suggestion?
Are you still trying?
I tried the Application number with the sponsor data to link on ECAS, it worked.
The principal applicant should try to link the application on MyCIC after login in the principal applicant's account.
Best,

haru22

Sep 30, 2018
GOT AOR Today!
Sent 26th
application received 27th
Got aor is 20th
I guess this is bad news for us, since our app arrived Sept 24th and still no AOR... Is the AOR emailed of mailed by post?
If our package gets sent back to us I guess we will need to move back to Korea since her visa runs out December 13th :(.

J-chy

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I guess this is bad news for us, since our app arrived Sept 24th and still no AOR... Is the AOR emailed of mailed by post?
If our package gets sent back to us I guess we will need to move back to Korea since her visa runs out December 13th :(.
The AOR was received by the sponsor‘s email. just check it

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi!
I would wait for the next days. Maybe you should try to check on ECAS with the sponsor UCI (if the sponsor has the UCI number already) and the principal applicant check on MyCIC... because it's possible they are about to send you the AOR. I don't know... I would try that...

Otherwise, phone them next week and ask.
I think if the application return to you and you fix and send back to them before Dec 13th is still good for the implied status.
But don't worry yet and just make sure you phone them...
Best of luck!

Reactions: lyn80

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
We've got our AOR at my husband's (sponsor) email around 5h30am (Vancouver time).
Application sent with OWP, PCC, Schedule A, Medical Exams Upfront
App. sent: 26th September
App. received: 28th September
AOR: 20th October

I already have linked my application at MyCIC and it shows I passed the medical exam.
On ECAS it shows they started to process on October 19th :)
Now waiting for OWP! ;)
____
Great News!!

How much time it may take for OWP approval?
Is it after Sponsor's Sponsorship eligibility approval ?

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Great News!!

How much time it may take for OWP approval?
Is it after Sponsor's Sponsorship eligibility approval?
Yeah!
I am not sure. I was expecting to be able to link the OWP but I couldn't make it yet.
I was told that, after they check the sponsor's eligibility, the OWP should be released.
I am thinking that the OWP should be done by the end of December or January but hopefully, it will come before!

Reactions: JackMa

Laca

Sep 5, 2018
Are you still trying?
I tried the Application number with the sponsor data to link on ECAS, it worked.
The principal applicant should try to link the application on MyCIC after login in the principal applicant's account.
Best,
Hi BR_ESL, i can not get to link the application. What sponsor data did u use? How many member of family if none of us has dependents? Please ca

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
I am also trying to link mine but no luck.

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi BR_ESL, i can not get to link the application. What sponsor data did u use? How many member of family if none of us has dependents? Please ca
For linking on ECAS you should use sponsors UCI or Application number (both are on the AOR) and birth date and place.

For linking your PR you should use your (Principal Applicant's) UCI number and Family name on MyCIC.
For the family member, you should put 2. Just like me and my husband - we have no child/dependants so I put 2.

For linking OWP you should use also your (PA) UCI and Family Name on MyCIC.

I am not able to link OWP yet...

Good luck!

Reactions: Betabr and JackMa